User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 97

  1. #1
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default Spillover from "Share Your Spiritual Beliefs" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kollin View Post
    Believe it or not I do believe in God. I grew up in a more pentecostal environment, some might label "holy rollers. It was mostly filled with SJ's and SP's, and NF's

    I always have believed in God, though at times I've had my doubts about it which is of course normal.

    I take a very rational approach to it, which is not surprising given my mbti type. I've been pretty interested in the apologetics (rational arguments for Christianity) of their theology. I've looked into other philosophies, and religions and decided they weren't for me.
    So you believe in the Trinity for rational reasons and don't believe in Zeus or Poseidon for rational reasons.

    So as far as Zeus or Poseidon are concerned, you are an atheist. But as far as the Trinity is concerned, you are a theist.
    Last edited by Bellflower; 11-02-2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: reflects Night's title change

  2. #2
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default Deracinated

    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I'm open minded to the possibility of anything, I'm very curious and want to find out more about our history, the universe and more

    Nothing is "solid" for me unless there is undeniable proof

    Some have called me agnostic, I prefer to say I just don't have a religion though
    Of the six thousand million or so in the world, almost all received their religion at their mother's knee.

    So almost all of six thousand million people have received their religion without any kind of critical thought whatsoever.

    And if I understand you, this has been denied to you.

    And as there has never been a civilization not based on a religion, your patrimony has been denied to you.

    So if I understand you, you have been shut out of the most fundamental part of your civilization.

    You have been deracinated.

  3. #3
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default Spillover from "I Believe in God" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It is possible to acknowledge other Gods while adhering to your own.
    So my dear innocent Amargith, do you worship the Trinity and Zeus and Poseidon and perhaps Krishna and Allah as well.

    In your innocence Amargith, is there any god you won't worship?

  4. #4
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So my dear innocent Amargith, do you worship the Trinity and Zeus and Poseidon and perhaps Krishna and Allah as well.

    In your innocence Amargith, is there any god you won't worship?
    There's a difference between worship and acknowledgement.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #5
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    I believe in God. I believe Jesus is that God.
    I don't believe in religion.

    Believing is Jesus and the Gospel is not indicative of being religious.
    Alas dear Argus, it was the religion called Christianity that has bought you the Gospel over 2,000 years.

    How ungrateful you are that this religion carried it all this way for you.

  6. #6
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    There's a difference between worship and acknowledgement.
    You're splitting hairs. The whole point of a god is to worship them. That is what you do to gods.

    Wadaya think, we just wave to them as they pass?

  7. #7
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You're splitting hairs. The whole point of a god is to worship them. That is what you do to gods.

    Wadaya think, we just wave to them as they pass?
    Maybe in your world. In mine, I treat them with the upmost respect, acknowledge them, work with those that call on me, and those that have earned my trust and gratitude, I pledge my allegiance to and I'll do their work. Worshipping is something I rarely do, as I associate it with bending to someone elses will, with no say at all. Powerful as they are, they too are only inhabitants of this world/existence.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #8
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Maybe in your world. In mine, I treat them with the upmost respect, acknowledge them, work with those that call on me, and those that have earned my trust and gratitude, I pledge my allegiance to and I'll do their work. Worshipping is something I rarely do, as I associate it with bending to someone elses will, with no say at all. Powerful as they are, they too are only inhabitants of this world/existence.
    Great Caesar's Ghost, if, as you say, "They too are only inhabitants of this world/existence", then they are not gods.

    For gods by their nature are supernatural. But you have reduced them merely to the natural.

    So it seems to me, Amargith, that in your innocence you are simply a respectful atheist.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Argus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Alas dear Argus, it was the religion called Christianity that has bought you the Gospel over 2,000 years.

    How ungrateful you are that this religion carried it all this way for you.
    You are asumming that the vessel for the message being delivered is of equivalence to the meaning of message itself.

    I will recognize that I believe in the God of the bible because of "religion".

    But that religion was based off the bible.

    I have also read that bible. Yep, the whole thing.

    And guess what, religion is man made. It's an abstract.

    Religion is, according to what the bible says, an idol.

    But the bible also teaches that God can use idols (ie "evil) to reveal himself. (as well as in spite of evil).


    You're fighting an NT battle now
    You can call me Charles.

  10. #10
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Great Caesar's Ghost, if, as you say, "They too are only inhabitants of this world/existence", then they are not gods.

    For gods by their nature are supernatural. But you have reduced them merely to the natural.

    So it seems to me, Amargith, that in your innocence you are simply a respectful atheist.
    Supernatural doesn't exist in pagan religions.


    Edit: Argus, we should stop answering, Night wanted this thread to remain discussion-free. Victor, if you are truly interested in pursuing this, I'll gladly oblige, if you open another thread for it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote
    By Sparrow in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 12:20 AM
  2. What is Your Spiritual Belief System?
    By lightsun in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-29-2017, 09:59 AM
  3. Famous/INfamous people you wish didn't share your type
    By Sahara in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 12:43 PM
  4. Share your spiritual beliefs
    By Night in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 12:53 AM
  5. Knowing Me, Knowing God: Exploring Your Spirituality with Myers-Briggs
    By Usehername in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO