User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    When the Athenian council asked Paul where he will build his temple they were astonished when he told them that his god will not need a temple.

They were very disappointed to here this, and he told them they were very ignorant.

Jesus doesn't need us to house him. God made the universe and he doesn't need us to make him a home.

That's what the bible say's.
    We can't believe everything the Bible says because it says contradictory things and they can't all be right. The Bible is internally inconsistent.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We can't believe everything the Bible says because it says contradictory things and they can't all be right. The Bible is internally inconsistent.
    It's in historical agreement in the secular realm that Paul went to the Athenian Council.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    INXP

So you believe in the Trinity for rational reasons and don't believe in Zeus or Poseidon for rational reasons.

So as far as Zeus or Poseidon are concerned, you are an atheist. But as far as the Trinity is concerned, you are a theist.
    Now you're trying to engage me in a debate about religion which if I understand was not the purpose of this thread. I don't have it all figured out, Victor. My point in asserting that was that at first I did believe it because I was raised with it, but after doing some research I decided to hold on to those beliefs. I haven't found any other belief systems to be as compelling.

I will ask you this: Do you personally know anyone that worships Zeus or Poseidan? If they did exist, would not they have some worshippers?
    AKA: Choss

It's not theoretically possible

Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

Incessently needing to ponder

I never think practically

It's never too precise

Insane nerds throwing parties

I'm not the problem

I'm not that popular

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Both Zeus and Poseidon are gods of a pagan religion and both are supernatural.
    If you ask any pagan, they will tell you that the Gods are part of Nature. We don't agree on much, but this happens to be one thing we do agree on, mostly. They rule a dominion, are limited in their power, are not allmighty at all and are bound by their own laws and the laws of this existence. They also have their flaws and strenghts. Magic, Gods, spirits, the underworld, none of it is supernatural. It is part of our universe, part of Nature, therefore 'natural'. It's often not understood/misunderstood by those that do not practise our ways.

The only thing that I consider unnatural is undead and aberrations (aka Frankenstein like shit). And those too, are not supernatural, but unnatural.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Of the six thousand million or so in the world, almost all received their religion at their mother's knee.

So almost all of six thousand million people have received their religion without any kind of critical thought whatsoever.

And if I understand you, this has been denied to you.

And as there has never been a civilization not based on a religion, your patrimony has been denied to you.

So if I understand you, you have been shut out of the most fundamental part of your civilization.

You have been deracinated.
    Correct I wasn't brain washed at an early age

I sense however that you are trying to bait me into debating you, this isn't the point of this thread and you don't have any kind of worthy argument anyway

For your information though Australia is 70% christian if that's what you meant by it being denied to me, nothing has been denied of me, you assume way too much for the little information you have

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    If you ask any pagan, they will tell you that the Gods are part of Nature. We don't agree on much, but this happens to be one thing we do agree on, mostly. They rule a dominion, are limited in their power, are not allmighty at all and are bound by their own laws and the laws of this existence. They also have their flaws and strenghts. Magic, Gods, spirits, the underworld, none of it is supernatural. It is part of our universe, part of Nature, therefore 'natural'. It's often not understood/misunderstood by those that do not practise our ways.

The only thing that I consider unnatural is undead and aberrations (aka Frankenstein like shit). And those too, are not supernatural, but unnatural.
    Science studies nature. Science does not study magic, gods, spirits or the underworld - because they are supernatural.

So to call magic, gods, spirits and the underworld, natural is called special pleading.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Science studies nature. Science does not study magic, gods, spirits or the underworld - because they are supernatural.

So to call magic, gods, spirits and the underworld, natural is called special pleading.
    Ahh the old science argument. Yeah. So..since science hasn't investigated and studied magic, gods, spirits or the underworld..scientists know just by divine inspiration, with 100 percent certainty that these things aren't part of Nature? Kewl.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Correct I wasn't brain washed at an early age

I sense however that you are trying to bait me into debating you, this isn't the point of this thread and you don't have any kind of worthy argument anyway

For your information though Australia is 70% christian if that's what you meant by it being denied to me, nothing has been denied of me, you assume way too much for the little information you have
    Deracinated means to be cut off from your roots.

And the fact that you call your patrimony brain washing shows not only are you deracinated but you deny it as well. And why not, it would be too painful to face - it would mean facing a permanent cultural impoverishment.

Fair better to call your rightful inheritance brain washing. It also has the advantage of being part of deracinated popular culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ahh the old science argument. Yeah. So..since science hasn't investigated and studied magic, gods, spirits or the underworld..scientists know just by divine inspiration, with 100 percent certainty that these things aren't part of Nature? Kewl.
    In English we make the distinction between the natural and the supernatural.

And it is becoming plain that you do not make this distinction.

And as we perceive by making distinctions, it is not surprising you do not see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollin View Post
    I will ask you this: Do you personally know anyone that worships Zeus or Poseidan? If they did exist, would not they have some worshippers?
    All of Ancient Greece worshipped Zeus and Poseidon. But today no one worships Zeus or Poseidon.

In the same way that people worship the Trinity today but in the future no one will worship the Trinity.

And it is quite likely they will be worshipping some other god.