First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

No spiritual beliefs of any kind.

MBTI
    YaYa

Am I the only one scared by this thread?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I belive in the real world, if you belive in god you belive in imaginery world.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Am I the only one scared by this thread?
    Why are you scared?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    9w8

So many I speak with or listen to make it seem as if an authority figure, someone to answer to, is required for one to act and live in a manner involving integrity, honesty, and respect for fellow man. Having a conscience does not require any specific religion, but I see many using it as the framework for such. I have very few problems with others' beliefs until they express that theirs are right.

There is a connection I cannot explain. I have felt this in old places, ancient ones, locations of death, worship, and nature... synagogues, cathedrals, libraries, cemeteries, and places far from urban living of any kind. The most affinity I have ever felt is in the most solitary, natural areas. Since I felt it in such a variety of locations and situations, I have no idea what it is. I am comfortable with not knowing; I don't need to to live my life in a way that has meaning, love and positivity behind it.

I think the power of humanity's intellect and choices are not given due credit, and the quote I've forgotten the speaker of regarding true courage being the ability to do the right thing when no one is watching is key in my thoughts on life. I should need no one - not my mother, the police, nor a god of any kind - watching from above or behind to do the right thing.

The definition of the "right" thing is simply what is efficient, caring, and takes into account oneself at the least expense of others possible. At least in daily terms.

So I think there is something, but it is just as possible that it is simply an energy within or between living creatures and elements.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Winged View Post
    So many modern day religions make it seem as if an authority figure, someone to answer to, is required for one to act and live in a manner involving integrity, honesty, and respect for fellow man. Having a conscience does not require any specific religion, but I see many using it as the framework for such. I have very few problems with others' beliefs until they express that theirs are right.

There is a connection I cannot explain. I have felt this in old places, ancient ones, locations of death, worship, and nature... synagogues, cathedrals, libraries, cemeteries, and places far from urban living of any kind. The most affinity I have ever felt is in the most solitary, natural areas.
    I think I understand what you are referring to; I sense it as well. However, I do not feel the need to explain it. (I also don't think a God/higher power is necessarily a requirement behind the feeling/connection existing.)

Do I believe in God? Simply put, No. I do not believe in a 'God' in the sense that most people utilize the word, or conceptualize it. To fully explain why I do not believe in God in the manner in which religions cast it, I would need to paste 70 pages (single-spaced) of my writings as to why I don't believe. This would be irritating to everyone, and would serve no purpose. And, I don't know that I can give a compelling reason for why I do not believe, without including all 70 pages. There isn't one reason, there are a multitude of reasons, and many strings of thought that while maybe seen as unrelated/unconvincing when taken singly, when taken as a whole is why I do not believe. However, I do delight in the fact that there's an entire universe out there, so vast as to be nearly incomprehensible, and so much I'm not even in a position to grasp (due to space and time) and can't possibly know; it's exciting to me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by Winged View Post
    There is a connection I cannot explain. I have felt this in old places, ancient ones, locations of death, worship, and nature... synagogues, cathedrals, libraries, cemeteries, and places far from urban living of any kind. The most affinity I have ever felt is in the most solitary, natural areas. Since I felt it in such a variety of locations and situations, I have no idea what it is. I am comfortable with not knowing;
    Do you think it's because in the silence of such places, contemplation, introspection, wondering, is more likely to occur in the human mind versus places with 'noise'? Clarity in thought that transcends a purpose of a thought?

There's a reason very few of us can achieve a meditative state in the middle of a nightclub. [sans liquid courage]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    I didn't read the Katsuni post, due to a short attention span and acute boredom.
    U R DOIN IT RONG!

Yeu're supposed to say "tldr"

I was brought up as an atheist in a very atheistic environment, never prayed in my life and never once questioned that there is no God. I had at the age of 19 on October 26th 2000 what I can only describe as a born-again-experience while talking to a Swiss preacher about his faith, suddenly something clicked in me and I thought: "I want to have what this guy has. There is a whole other dimension out there." On the evening of that day I prayed my first prayer ever and wrote in my diary that something life-changing had happened (though I wasn't exactly sure what, for the next few weeks my heart went: "I want this Christian thing!" and my mind went: "Huh?? What is going on here?" Imagine trying to explain your conversion to your atheistic family when it doesn't even make sense to you.) Within a matter of weeks I turned from a person who couldn't care less if God exists into someone who was suddenly part of the Christian camp (eekk!)

Despite having been annoyed with narrow-mindedness in the church in the last few years and having had my arguments with God I have never lost this seed of faith I gained on the night of my conversion. Since I am still going strong in my faith 9 years later the whole experience obviously wasn't just a phase or a fluke.

MBTI
    INXP

Believe it or not I do believe in God. I grew up in a more pentecostal environment, some might label "holy rollers. It was mostly filled with SJ's and SP's, and NF's

I always have believed in God, though at times I've had my doubts about it which is of course normal.

I take a very rational approach to it, which is not surprising given my mbti type. I've been pretty interested in the apologetics (rational arguments for Christianity) of their theology. I've looked into other philosophies, and religions and decided they weren't for me.
    AKA: Choss

It's not theoretically possible

Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

Incessently needing to ponder

I never think practically

It's never too precise

Insane nerds throwing parties

I'm not the problem

I'm not that popular