User Tag List

First 34567 Last

I'm a Model Agnostic and don't believe in god or gods; however, if I did decide later on to believe in a supreme entity I would probably end up starting another "Alien" cult or going back to a variation of Transcendentalism.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    IXFP

Agnostic. I know I'm limited in body and mind. The whole God thing is complicated and it would probably take me a lifetime to figure out whether I believe in it or not.

I am probably best described as a Deist. I was raised a devout Catholic (even have an aunt who is a nun), but the dogmatic nature of it rubs me the wrong way a bit.

However, I've made my peace with the Catholic Church. In the long view, every religion is going to be flawed, because religion is a construct of man, not God. It follows then, that the particular faith you follow is less important than what it does for you. This reasoning allows me to participate in Catholic rituals with my family without having to buy into all the details. I don't have the hate for religion that a lot of people have, because I think the clergy and the other people on the ground are largely good people who give more than they take. To me they are the face of religion, not ivory tower ideas about patriarchy or social control.

But why do I believe in God? Because I look around and I see beautiful things. I see the perfection of mathematics. I see love. I see the glory of nature. And to me, a giant accident is a far less likely reason for this than a God. I didn't come to my belief because I was brainwashed. I came to it because a clear rational examination of the world around me makes me think it is more likely than not.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

I believe in God. I can't see the universe making sense in any other way; everything else I've examined seems to be lacking somehow.'

Questions are good things in my opinion; things that should be encouraged and not oppressed. I grew up Catholic, so I understand why many people with developed T have problems with that.

I have learned that there is such a thing as a Christian scholar--somebody who has examined evidences unbiased and came to the conclusion that there is most likely a God.

As Lance Hanh said (Pastor, Bridgeway Church, 5,000+, ENTP) "I don't know for sure; nobody knows. But I believe to the point where I've bet my life on it--not to mention the lives of my family."

To a non-believer this sounds irresponsible, but to me, it sounds like faith in the right context. I don't know 100% that God exists, but I'll tell you, I will bet my life on it.
    Love is the point.

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I believe in Joe Pesci.
    Dishonest ISFPs make me sad.

MBTI
    YaYa

Its always interesting to see someone go from atheist to theist.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Its always interesting to see someone go from (a)theist to believing in Joe Pesci.
    (Why not Morgan Freeman or Alanis Morisette?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Its always interesting to see someone go from (a)theist to believing in Joe Pesci.
    (Why not Morgan Freeman or Alanis Morisette?)
    Hey, I was born a Pesci-theist.
    Dishonest ISFPs make me sad.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

I'm a Morganer...
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

No, I don't believe in snipes...nor am I willing to hunt for them.