User Tag List

First 456781656 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 643

  1. #51
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    ok, to say every society is mistaken before ours

    is that all you got?
    No, our society isn't quite there yet. People like you still exist.

  2. #52
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    I'm all for voluntary, government run sterilization programs for men and women who are born into poor families. Abortions should be only used for people who can't afford children.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”


  3. #53
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    People have been killing children for population control and related issues since the dawn of human kind. The fact they do it in a medical procedure now shows how civilized we have become. Sure its arbitrary and its killing but its not illegal under the U.S. Constitution. In other words the states don't even have the right to make it illegal.
    This is incorrect. The Constitution doesn't make public nudity illegal, but states and local municipalities have laws against that. Should the Supreme Court strike down those laws as well?

    I probably agree with you on the issue of abortion, but your logic here is fucking terrible. You should be ashamed to call yourself an INTP.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    This issue has been debated by the best minds for ages. The bottom line is there is no way to prove that one position is morally superior to other. Therefore, like religion, it's a matter of personal choice.

    I am pro choice because I think it is consistent with placing a high value on individual freedoms. A woman should not be forced to incubate a fetus if she do not wish to do so.

    This is analogous to the case of liver transplants. If some random guy needs a liver transplant to survive, should society have the right to force another random guy to donate?

  5. #55
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think you believe this because you're ignorant of the distinction between a fetus and a child.

    You believe that fetus = child, which is really an unreasonable perspective if you've researched the matter thoroughly. Please do more research.

    Sorry.
    You're the perfect candidate for enlightenment here. Please provide the research.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  6. #56
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    The only way to stop the demand for abortions is to turn children into economic assets instead of liabilities. So if you want to reduce demand for abortions, reinstitute child labor.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  7. #57
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    This has the whole "What would you do behind closed doors?" feel.

    Ya know?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  8. #58
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    She was being facetious. She was illustrating the slippery slope of the negligence of human life.
    I'm... not so sure... I really don't see the context for that. :/



    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This is incorrect. The Constitution doesn't make public nudity illegal, but states and local municipalities have laws against that. Should the Supreme Court strike down those laws as well?

    I probably agree with you on the issue of abortion, but your logic here is fucking terrible. You should be ashamed to call yourself an INTP.
    The Constitution grants the right to free speech/expression. Nudity may fall into that category of protected constitutional rights. But it's not quite the same as doing something to your own body, something extremely central to the individual and generally not effecting anyone else directly (such as the sight of nudity in public). I think the strongest logical basis is in focusing on that aspect. And like I said, I don't think gov can make anything you do to your own body (without substances) illegal, but rather institute other laws that can reprimand people for self destructive actions, or that seek to correct the behavior.

  9. #59
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    The Constitution grants the right to free speech/expression. Nudity may fall into that category of protected constitutional rights. But it's not quite the same as doing something to your own body, something extremely central to the individual and generally not effecting anyone else directly (such as the sight of nudity in public). I think the strongest logical basis is in focusing on that aspect. And like I said, I don't think gov can make anything you do to your own body (without substances) illegal, but rather institute other laws that can reprimand people for self destructive actions, or that seek to correct the behavior.
    His line of logic was:

    The Constitution doesn't criminalize the act, therefore, the states can't either.

    That's obviously not true. I could have used a thousand different examples. If he elaborated on that point, I didn't read it. His first post was so stupid, I couldn't help myself.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  10. #60
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This is incorrect. The Constitution doesn't make public nudity illegal, but states and local municipalities have laws against that. Should the Supreme Court strike down those laws as well?

    I probably agree with you on the issue of abortion, but your logic here is fucking terrible. You should be ashamed to call yourself an INTP.

    No, you are showing your ignorance again Lateralus.

    First consider at least reading Roe v. Wade and get some basic understanding of U.S. Constitutional law (I have and I know you have not based on the above post [either that or you were too dumb to understand it). The states can't deny federal fundamental rights of its people when those rights are selected to be applicable to the states via the 14th amendment. The majority of the Court deemed that the 1st amendment's implicit "right of privacy" is applicable to the states via the 14th amendment in Roe v. Wade and similar subsequent cases. By virtue of being a fundamental right and applicable via the 14th amendment any law within the jurisdiction of the U.S. , state or federal, sufficiently infringing upon the fundamental right makes it illegal.

    Public nudity is not a fundamental right and thus the states may outlaw it. What a horible example.

    It is not so bad that you are ignorant but when you accuse other people on being ignorant who know what they are taking about in an area you totally ignorant in then this shows you sir, have low character. Really after this everything you say is suspect. The shame is yours.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Similar Threads

  1. For those who believe in spirit/soul...
    By Little Linguist in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 09:17 AM
  2. For those who like Japanese animes...
    By Seether in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
  3. For those with high cuteness thresholds...
    By anii in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 09:47 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:56 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO