User Tag List

First 8485657585960 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    If this thread was redesigned by me it wouldn't allow anybody to post who hasn't either:

1) given birth to a child
    2) given a child up for adoption
    3) had an abortion
    4) miscarried.

Anyone else's opinion is biased/unbiased by ignorance of experience.
    This would exclude nearly all men, since the only event they could claim is (2) and it is perhaps the least commonplace. Of course, many religious fundamentalists like to assert that childbearing and rearing is ordained by God to be women's role. If so, then perhaps such decisions should best be made by women. Who, after all, are we to second-guess God?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

LIGHTSUN: I'm confused by this. I'm quoted but I don't know how my quote pertains to what you wrote. Explain please.

CORIOLIS: Yes. It would exclude nearly all men.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MDP2525 wrote, "Anyone else's opinion is biased/unbiased by ignorance of experience."

It appears you speak with passion, (which i can repect your opinion) but it appears passion can overrule reason. I speak this with a willingness to share. From the perspective that i have gained, is emotion overrules some logic in circumstances.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Coriolis wrote, "This could be regulated by license or permit..."

i am in a general sense of agreement in Coriolis statement. Though we may have different underlying reasons. I definately am of the belief with population control, and that poor youngsters do not be brought up from a dysfunctional household. I believe in parenting school curriculums, developmental teaching & psychology, and premarital counseling for just a start.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Passion and logic are not separate entities in my statement. I don't hold people's opinions on this topic with much seriousness unless those persons have experienced the issue firsthand.
    ~luck favors the ready~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I can honestly respect this MDP2525. I feel that unless a person walks similarly a path in our lifetime, that they do not have the vision, insight, or compassion to fully appreciate, plus have a deep understanding of a topic.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yes. I don't mean to say that their opinions have no value. To their owners they do.
    -----

I have an observation that may or may not be thread related but I think the last few pages have veered enough off topic for this to be put out there.

I notice a lot of people on this thread and IRL equate abortion to murder. For sake of their argument let's say this is correct. Okay. What punishment should those who get abortions have?

Abortion is murder (premeditated) so anyone who is guilty of this should be either sentenced to death or incarcerated for 25 to life according to our laws. Yet when I ask this question of someone who expresses this opinion they are dumbfounded or say that's too harsh. Or too severe a punishment.

I find this interesting because it shows this issue not a black and white one. Abortion is sensationalized and I find this gets the topic down to a realistic perspective. That's all. Just wanted to share my real world discussions with you guys.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Smile The Origin of Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    a spontaneous abortion is nothing more than a miscarriage.
    I am surprised that those who are opposed to abortion know nothing of biology where the number of spontaneous abortions far outweighs the induced abortions.

But knowing nothing of biology and natural selection, they know everything about moralism. And they even tell us they know the mind of God.

But I don't mind God, for if She exists, She has created natural selection and the unimaginably large numbers of spontaneous abortions. One could say that She has been profligate with spontaneous abortions. We might even worship Her as the Great Abortionist - casual with death as She is with life.

And to discover the origin of abortion, read Her very own book, "The Origin of Species".

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Spontaneous abortions occur regardless of the law.

Spontaneous abortions are a fact of nature.

Spontaneous abortions have nothing to do with morality or the law.
    Yet the total number of abortions, both spontaneous and intentional, would rise if the latter are allowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Smile The Still, Quiet Voice of Reason

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Yet the total number of abortions, both spontaneous and intentional, would rise if the latter are allowed.
    Sure, the total number of abortions would rise but the number of spontaneous abortions would remain the same.

I can see no reason to connect the number of spontaneous abortions with the number of induced abortions.

However I have noticed that when religion and morality are involved, reason flies out the window.

But there is always the still, quiet voice of reason.