User Tag List

First 6465455565758 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

This is why we need a dictatorship, led by me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    This is why we need a dictatorship, led by me.
    I would assassinate you.

I used to be against abortion until I discovered that the number of spontaneous abortions far outweigh the number of induced abortions.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I would assassinate you.
    You'd need to get to me first.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I used to be against abortion until I discovered that the number of spontaneous abortions far outweigh the number of induced abortions.
    That's stupid. If you are against abortion, then you should support outlawing abortion as it results in less abortions being carried out regardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

You'd need to get to me first.

That's stupid. If you are against abortion, then you should support outlawing abortion as it results in less abortions being carried out regardless.
    I wouldn't be alone.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I wouldn't be alone.
    You should hope...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    To a certain extent I agree with you but I'm not sure "education" is sufficient anymore, are there really still people who dont properly know the risks of unprotected sex, or any of the other reckless, risk taking behaviours for that matter, we've reached saturation point really. At this point I'm more inclined to believe is a case of "I knew, I just didnt give a shit" as "I didnt know".

A hell of a lot of this is a problem of the poor, repeated generation after generation, people do things when they're in the adventurous, adolescent phase, or they dont grow out of that phase like everyone else and keep on doing them, either way they're stuck with the consequences. Being stuck with the consequences isnt proving enough of a disincentive either, most of the unwanted pregnancies are had by people who're not even 21yrs old yet, you dont even develop consequential thinking until then, some say until 23yrs in the western world (and its getting later still).

So I'd say the contraceptive implants for females which, in all but a small percentage of cases work for between five and ten years and do not have major health consequences, roll them out as mandatory to everyone, unless you exercise an opt out for whatever reason you or your parents. Roll it out to cover the years when most accidential pregnancies occur when people are physically mature but not any other way.

It'd save the taxpayer a fortune, surely its a pro-life measure because it prevents abortions, only a small group of those faith communities who still actively reject artificial contraception actually adher to and practice compliance with those guidelines but if they want to opt out let them. It's not the people who're thinking hard enough about their sexual health and decisions that we need to worry about its the people who forget or neglect or who're impulsive anyway.
    I don't know about other countries but here in the US, these poor people that you speak of who are getting pregnant are also responsible for helping the US keep up with birthrates necessary to keep the population thriving. As you probably already know, the affluent have half as many children as the poor do, and that number is decreasing, mostly due to selfishness.. The goal of welfare is to help poor families [slowly, over a couple of generations if need be] break out of poverty and become productive taxpayers. The government will continue to make the affluent subsidize the poor ( through welfare taxes) as long as the affluent do not reproduce as often as the poor.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Blame the criminal, not the taxpayer.
    It is not a matter of blame, but rather of attaining a desired goal, whether that be reducing crime, reducing abortions, or something else.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I don't know about other countries but here in the US, these poor people that you speak of who are getting pregnant are also responsible for helping the US keep up with birthrates necessary to keep the economy thriving. As you probably already know, the affluent have half as many children as the poor do, and that number is decreasing, mostly due to selfishness.. The goal of welfare is to help poor families [slowly, over a couple of generations if need be] break out of poverty and become productive taxpayers. The government will continue to make the affluent subsidize the poor ( through welfare taxes) as long as the affluent do not reproduce as often as the poor.
    Why would high birthrates be necessary for a thriving economy? What's more why would dysgenic high birthrates (such as poor people having more kids than rich people) be good?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Why would high birthrates be necessary for a thriving economy? What's more why would dysgenic high birthrates (such as poor people having more kids than rich people) be good?
    Growth in people = growth in productivity = growth in the economy. If the birthrate doesn't increase fast enough, growth slows down.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639