User Tag List

First 37454647484957 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    A baby is of pure innocence. This is why it is seen as such cute thing.
    It is also possible to post the same baby picture and say "Here's the reason why 13 year old girls should have sex with 25 year old men."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    I would also argue that it's pure evil; absolute greed incarnate with zero consideration for anyone but themselves.

The only reason they're "innocent" is they don't know any better. If someone acted like that as an adult they'd be locked in jail, or murdered for being such a pretentious jerk.

As yeu said before though, I have virtually no affection. There's alot of reasons for it, but the heavy bias against the F mindset to a point of nearly being warlike against it is probably the biggest cause XD

From a logical perspective, babies really don't have many, if any, redeeming traits, other than false imagery such as the perception of innocence, or the inherent implication of immortality by proxy via gene transference.

But most people don't like to talk about logic in relation to an emotional topic, so I kinda realize I'm not exactly on common ground here XD
    And so you are.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Why don't we do this the capitalist way.

People respond to incentives. Give more incentives and benefits to people who have children.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    It is also possible to post the same baby picture and say "Here's the reason why 13 year old girls should have sex with 25 year old men."
    I'll quote something I've said before.
    When it would come to these awfully horrible situations there may be set ideals depending on the person. It would be the person themselves that would decide what they should do. Any action could be right.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    1) For those who don't believe in forcing their beliefs on others, why then are citizen's tax dollars used to perform abortions?
    That would set the precedent for all sorts of social programs to opt out of.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah. I don't get to choose to opt out of my tax dollars supporting the military because I'm a Quaker. But nobody can force me to join the military against my will; nor would I try to force others not to join the military.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Why don't we do this the capitalist way.

People respond to incentives. Give more incentives and benefits to people who have children.
    The problem isn't convincing people to want to have children per se. It is more of an issue of getting people to accept responsibility for their situation, and setting up social safety nets for the cases in which people are unable (or unwilling) to take responsibility.

Convenience is not an admissible excuse for murder. That being said, I'm all for support programs that facilitate successful pregnancies in order to save lives by preventing abortions. It seems to me that every argument in favor of abortion is based around convenience. "It's not fair! Boo-hoo!" Deal with it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yeah. I don't get to choose to opt out of my tax dollars supporting the military because I'm a Quaker. But nobody can force me to join the military against my will; nor would I try to force others not to join the military.
    It is generally agreed (even by pacifists) that a military is necessary. Pacifists do not want to personally be involved in murder. However, in the past, they have joined the military in non-combative capacities or worked in areas that supported national efforts. It is a matter of conscience.

It would be a very rare case where an abortion is necessary to save someone's life. It is not a healthcare procedure. I am being forced to support other people's poor decision making with my tax dollars and therefore I am participating in what I believe to be murder. This too is a matter of conscience. Abortion is not a "social program".

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I am being forced to support other people's poor decision
    What about welfare?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    The problem isn't convincing people to want to have children per se. It is more of an issue of getting people to accept responsibility for their situation, and setting up social safety nets for the cases in which people are unable (or unwilling) to take responsibility.

Convenience is not an admissible excuse for murder. That being said, I'm all for support programs that facilitate successful pregnancies in order to save lives by preventing abortions. It seems to me that every argument in favor of abortion is based around convenience. "It's not fair! Boo-hoo!" Deal with it.
    Greed is a greater motivator than fear. If you really want to get to the root of the problem you've got to motivate people by the benefits of having children rather than the current system which punishes it. It doesn't really matter if it's legal or not; I mean, women will still be trying abortions by the coathanger method and killing themselves if we get rid of it on the grounds that it's murder.