User Tag List

First 22303132333442 Last

Results 311 to 320 of 643

  1. #311
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Risen, hon, you know I love you, but unless you keep it in your pants at all times or grow a uterus, your opinion really isn't valid on this subject as you'd be a hypocrite.
    Yes it is--women can't get pregnant (excluding medical intervention) unless a man impregnates them. Just because it's not his body doesn't mean it's not his baby in the body.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  2. #312
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Hypocrisy is not necessarily a bad thing actually. It takes considerable courage to claim something is wrong even though you yourself commit it, and honestly acknowledge that fact. The only way you can achieve perfect consistency in regards to virtues is to set the bar absurdly low.
    I agree. I admire men who are courageous enough to do this. It says positive things about their character.

  3. #313
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    But you will never run that risk yourself. Nor do you make sure you don't put anyone else at risk (aka abstaining). It makes it easier to step back and go 'this is what the right thing to do is' as you subconsciously know you'll never have to worry about all the dilemma's that right choice brings forth. Nor will you ever have to deal with the practical problems it will cause. The emotional trauma that follows.

    I'm not saying you're wrong. But you could stand to take into account that you are in fact (in comparison) in a very safe position when it comes to this issue. And therefore, it's easy for you to say what should be done.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #314
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    Actually, I find it nice that a guy is willing to not cower away at the talk of abortion. Its very much a man AND woman thing and its something that both parties are responcible for.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  5. #315
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I'm pro-life in terms of morals but there's no sense in imposing those morals on others who don't share my beliefs. That's called facism.
    No not really. Fascism is a particular kind of political thinking. With any set of laws you're going to end up imposing a standard that some are going to disagree with. Unless you're advocating something like Panarchism here.

  6. #316
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I'd be a hypocrite if I said people should not have sex for fear of making a baby, which I never said. I'd be a hypocrite if I said that we should only have sex if we are prepared to possibly have to take care of a child if a remote accident should happen, but I have not said that because it is too idealistic. But even if i did have sex, and had an accident, I wouldn't go and try to erase my accident.

    I may not be a woman, but I am a human being with a brain that has an ability to express empathy and simulate experiences. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't at least TRY to consider what it'd be like if I were a woman, and somebody stuck me with a dick, ejaculated inside me against my own will, and then I end up with this thing growing inside of me expanding my stomach and giving me all sorts of hormonal problems and fears, regrets, guilt, and anger over what happened past and present. But I do consider that, despite how unpleasant it is, and I do still come to the conclusion that I'd spare the child inside of me because it deserves a chance at life if it being born isn't going to kill me.

    "I'm a woman, you're not," doesn't grant a free pass from making judgments. I may not be able to judge with quite the same level of direct experience, but we all still have a need and the right to make judgments where we may.
    i think i agree with you actually. as it stands now the fathers don't have a say, right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  7. #317
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Yes it is--women can't get pregnant (excluding medical intervention) unless a man impregnates them. Just because it's not his body doesn't mean it's not his baby in the body.
    True in theory, I agree. In practice, often, the man comes off easy in comparison (and especially when it comes to rape). I'm just calling it as it often is. And yes, that too is a matter of a guy stepping up to the plate and 'doing the right thing'. But I don't think it's comparable to having to be confronted with your 'mistake' for 9 months and all the risks and decisions it entails. Often, he doesn't even know he's made someone pregnant, or tells himself she probably slept with someone else, or what not. I'm not saying this isn't a big thing for men, it is. But it is not comparable to what it's like for women, I think. Abortion or not, your body will go through an immense amount of stress, whatever you decide, on top of all the emotional stress.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #318
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    if the father wants the baby and can take care of it alone he should be allowed to imo.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  9. #319
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    True in theory, I agree. In practice, often, the man comes off easy in comparison (and especially when it comes to rape). I'm just calling it as it often is. And yes, that too is a matter of a guy stepping up to the plate and 'doing the right thing'. But I don't think it's comparable to having to be confronted with your 'mistake' for 9 months and all the risks and decisions it entails. Often, he doesn't even know he's made someone pregnant, or tells himself she probably slept with someone else, or what not. I'm not saying this isn't a big thing for men, it is. But it is not comparable to what it's like for women, I think. Abortion or not, your body will go through an immense amount of stress, whatever you decide, on top of all the emotional stress.
    Yes, but there's downsides to every situation. The woman takes more social stigma and suffers all the normal physical stress of pregnancy. The father, however, can't carry his baby in his body, and is at the mercy of the mom's decision.

    It seems to me that women actually have the advantage here if you step back another level: the fate of the baby is in their hands. This is a final, bottom line decision--their opinion is the one that counts.

    Whereas with men, they suffer potentially no social stigma, no financial burden, no physical burden, no whatever, but I think we can all agree intense psychological pain is the most difficult to bear, and if the dad wants his kid, it's out of his control and totally in control of the mom. Have you read about dads or seen on postsecret all the stuff about the fathers who wanted their babies? They do exist out there.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  10. #320
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    That's a tough one. I agree with you but it implicates that the mother has to carry it full term...I'm going to abstain on that one
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. For those who believe in spirit/soul...
    By Little Linguist in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 09:17 AM
  2. For those who like Japanese animes...
    By Seether in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
  3. For those with high cuteness thresholds...
    By anii in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 09:47 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:56 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO