User Tag List

First 123451353 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    None, but that doesnt change the fact that im not against it. Whats yours? Does your lack secure you in your opinion that its wrong?
    Morals aside, decriminalizing murder would be a disaster. That's not how modern societies are set up to function.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I also believe modern society was a mistake, yeah weve made great advances but at what price?

And murders objective.
    SDMF

MBTI
    INTP

I also believe modern society was a mistake, yeah weve made great advances but at what price?

And murders objective.
    What do you mean what price? We're living easy now, especially compared to the hardship earlier civilizations had to endure just in daily life. Do you want to go back to a cave?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The advance of society and culture has literally fucked up things. Whos to say man was meant be the dominant one on earth? Doing the things we do? Theirs suppose to be a natural order, man went so far as to say hes better than that order and might even know a better order.

Not saying I want to go with "back to a cave", but hunter gatherer civilizations had it right. They took only what they needed, used all of it and never more than that. Cause if they did they knew it would start a chain reaction of devastation.

Trying looking into this. Ishmael (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like im not trying to argue with you either, so I hope it doesn't come off that way. Im just saying theirs a bigger picture a lot of people dont even take into account. I didnt even think about these kind of things till about a year ago. The book above is a great read, you may enjoy it.
    SDMF

MBTI
    INTP

Whos to say man was meant be the dominant one on earth? Doing the things we do?
    Large frontal lobes and opposable thumbs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I dont see whats wrong with killing.
    I believe even Darwin would have to admit that this is the reason why intuitives are NOT the majority among the human race. Such very independent forms of logic, when fully realized, are self destructive and weeded out of existence in favor of the constructive continuation and development of the species. There's a fine line between morality and destructive thinking (thinking begets action, but action is not always born). You'd best find which side of that line you're treading.

Seriously, I find some people on this forum to be absolutely ridiculous in ways I could never before fathom. People who nonchalantly tell me, "Killing 70 million people isn't that big a deal," or, "I don't see what's wrong with killing." Just wtf...

babylon, that's why I said that once the fetus has/is developing a brain, it should be considered a life with present or potential sentience on some level. The brainwave argument is poor because we cannot use brainwaves as the sole defining aspect of neurologically produced consciousness, and consciousness itself is an ambiguous concept, with much that we do not fully understand. Rather, what we do know about the brain/central nervous system is that it is necessary for the body to function and for any manner of consciousness. Thus, it is better to say that once the brain is present, that would be the defining point for human life. Either way, there are all manner of other implications that go along with it, including the extreme that i didn't imagine I'd have to mention, that being that the normalizing of such behavior (abortion) makes it easier for people to participate in further devaluing human life (Hexis) as a whole, and that never goes to a good place. I usually don't like making the "slippery slope" argument, but this forum is often a testament...

What's really funny is how I was just watching a history documentary on communism, and crossed the part where it details how Marxist and other communists at the end of the 19th century heavily borrowed from Darwinism as support for their own social philosophy, and especially Lenin who used such ideas as justification to completely denegrade the value of human beings. He even went so far as to approach PAVLOV asking him if he could replicate the sort of classical conditioning he had used on dog and apply it to the Russian population to "train" them. Then he went on to starve millions of people to death for the purpose of making them bow down to communism and abandon religion. That is the destructive thinking I speak of.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

This debate will always happen until religion is no longer an issue in our society. So probably, it will always be around.

The problem is that neither side can budge. If you believe it's murder, you are outraged by people murdering "babies". Just like if you believe it's an undesired but necessary medical procedure in some cases, you would be outraged if young women were forced to have their lives ruined by having a child at age 15.

It's kinda like the PETA nuts. They aren't going to stop thinking meat is murder, but the rest of us are unlikely to stop eating meat, and neither is it likely to be outlawed.

So there's no point in discussing it. /thread
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post

Seriously, I find some people on this forum to be absolutely ridiculous in ways I could never before fathom. People who nonchalantly tell me, "Killing 70 million people isn't that big a deal," or, "I don't see what's wrong with killing." Just wtf...
    She was being facetious. She was illustrating the slippery slope of the negligence of human life.

No one has addressed my question yet.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    No one has addressed my question yet.
    Could you clarify what exactly is your question?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    This debate will always happen until religion is no longer an issue in our society. So probably, it will always be around.

The problem is that neither side can budge. If you believe it's murder, you are outraged by people murdering "babies". Just like if you believe it's an undesired but necessary medical procedure in some cases, you would be outraged if young women were forced to have their lives ruined by having a child at age 15.

It's kinda like the PETA nuts. They aren't going to stop thinking meat is murder, but the rest of us are unlikely to stop eating meat, and neither is it likely to be outlawed.

So there's no point in discussing it. /thread
    Does mere disagreement entail that there's no truth, or that we can never come to the truth?

In mathematics, some think there are 23 dimensions, some 11, some 10. Do they look at opposing arguments and give up? Opinions point at something. They need something at which they opine. You don't sit around heatedly debating which ice cream company is better do you?