User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 643

  1. #141
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Sex can be done for recreation rather than procreation. Just because a woman has sex doesn't mean that she consented to rent her body out for nine months.
    when you drive an automobile, you are accepting the risk of an accident. clearly this is the fault of roads, cars, etc.? it is to say otherwise that is naive and foolish, and the chances of conception are much greater than your chance of getting into an accident.

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Then would you argue that a carrot is a person? An adult has many qualities which are not present in a fetus.
    ...
    Everyone is a potential pensioner. But we don't give everyone money until they actually become one.
    Only applies if you forgo natural order... there is nothing natural about abortion. Left unaffected, a fetus will almost always grow into a human, a carrot will not. At least, most of the time.


  2. #142
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    Yup. Simplest solution would be all females across the world to get the piece of plastic in their arm so they can't have kids for 3 years. 99.99% effective.


    The argument against abortion is interesting. While abortion may not be right, how is it morally any different than taking birth control drugs? BC hormones just make the uterus an environment where babies can't survive.
    Actually, I dont agree with the use of birth control either. Just to point that out
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  3. #143
    Senior Member nynesneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Well then Stepho, I definitely respect that you keep consistency with your argument.

    Waiting with baited breath to hear everyone else's opinion.

  4. #144
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    If you eat at at restaurant, there is the possibility that you will get food poisoning. But does that mean you consented to it?
    But sex is made to reproduce, so if you have sex you should at least realise that you can very well have a baby if you do exacally what it takes to reproduce.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  5. #145
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Exacally my point. If they had to redo it, they wouldnt be put in the situation to begin with. But if you want to talk about whether or not the person would give birth or abort if they had to choose, why not give birth if they already did the abortion thing? If it didn't work for them, why not try something different?
    Of coarse I realise they cannot, but if they're regretting the abortion, dont you think they're regretting the ABORTION, for whatever reason? So if they could do it again, why would they choose abortion if they regretted it?
    [sorry if that sounded confussing]
    Because they might have regretted having the baby even more than they regretted having the abortion.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #146
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Parents, talk to your kids about abortion, they'll be glad to know you wanted to keep them :yim_rolling_on_the_

    "...but if you put crayon on the walls one more time you're outta here buddy!"

  7. #147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    when you drive an automobile, you are accepting the risk of an accident.
    Accepting the risk does not imply that I will not do everything to mitigate damages should it occur.

    Only applies if you forgo natural order... there is nothing natural about abortion.
    Natural does not matter. If you got a severe infection, it's not natural to survive it. Yet, we intervene with antibiotics.

  8. #148
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    lol I <3 the "it's not natural!" argument that conservatives apply like a blunt hammer to any social/sexual issue that bothers them (abortion, homosexuality, you name it!)

    I wonder if any of them have ever heard of modern medicine, contact lenses, polyester, etc.

    If it's your belief that unnatural = bad, then fine, but if you want to legislate that belief you need something more substantial than just your personal feeling that it's unnatural. You're talking about restricting other people's rights here!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #149
    Senior Member nynesneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale
    Embryo eventually grows into a human. the only reason this is even debated is because people dont consider things in their essential form.
    So you're saying all forms of hormonal birth control (ie the pill, shot, iud, patch) are unethical because all the necessary components are inside the woman together (sperm+egg), the environment is just altered so they die?

    Impressive, first guy I've met who actually likes condoms.

  10. #150
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Personally I'd say we all just need to ban modern housing and go back to living in caves.

    God put those caves for a reason, dammit. You think it's natural for us to cut down trees (themselves living organisms!) and exploit them to build residential areas full of artificial housing where God clearly intended open fields and forests?

    It ain't natural, if ya ask me.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. For those who believe in spirit/soul...
    By Little Linguist in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 09:17 AM
  2. For those who like Japanese animes...
    By Seether in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
  3. For those with high cuteness thresholds...
    By anii in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 09:47 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:56 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO