• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why pure Buddhism wouldn't survive for that long.

R

Riva

But to go from one machine to another the current has to become stronger (more good karma). Once it is ready, it travels to another machine which has a better karma capacity.

This is why Buddha has told it is extremely hard to become a human.

And it should also be noted that Karma is not entirely good or bad. It is a kind of higher level of consciousness.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
... The more Karma (not Pin/merits) the higher the consciousness thus better quality the electricity. The power of the electricity become so strong that now it is strong enough to go to a machine which has a higher capacity (consciousness). :)

Ok,... Wouldn't that make human consciousness the last stop for this "data"?

The reason I ask this is because in reality, we are at the top, over most ALL living things, with rocks and sand being the lowest!

What's next?

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP

The reason I ask this is because in reality, we are at the top, over most living things, with rocks and sand being the lowest!

What's next?

From my understanding, oblivion (in orthodox Buddhism, that is-I think Mahayanna Buddhism assumes integration into a universal consciousness). I've never really understood the appeal of orthodox Buddhism, for that reason. But then, I've always been a strong individualist, so Buddhism would never appeal to me, anyway (though its one of my two favorite institutional religions, due to its effects on society).

R

Riva

From my understanding, oblivion (in orthodox Buddhism, that is-I think Mahayanna Buddhism assumes integration into a universal consciousness). I've never really understood the appeal of orthodox Buddhism, for that reason. But then, I've always been a strong individualist, so Buddhism would never appeal to me, anyway (though its one of my two favorite institutional religions, due to its effects on society).

Is theravada Buddhism. :)

R

Riva

The reason I ask this is because in reality, we are at the top, over most ALL living things, with rocks and sand being the lowest!

What's next?

The story does not end there. This life you could be a human and the next life your karma could run out that you'll end up in the body of a frog.

The Vinyanaya does not stop in one type of machine. It could assume a better life or a worse. But it goes on an on according to the karma you have gathered. It never stops.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
The story does not end there. This life you could be a human and the next life your karma could run out that you'll end up in the body of a frog.

The Vinyanaya does not stop in one type of machine. It could assume a better life or a worse. But it goes on an on according to the karma you have gathered. It never stops.

This is a genuine question: If Karma is responsible for reincarnation, and "assigns" you to a particular level of life, good or bad, how does basic human survival have an affect on ones Karma?... What I mean is, would harvesting grains, slaughtering animals, or creating species propagation to ensure human survival have an affect on the "energy" being made by these machines, if it's function is ceased unnaturally?

R

Riva

This is a genuine question: If Karma is responsible for reincarnation, and "assigns" you to a particular level of life, good or bad, how does basic human survival have an affect on ones Karma?... What I mean is, would harvesting grains, slaughtering animals, or creating species propagation to ensure human survival have an affect on the "energy" being made by these machines, if it's function is ceased unnaturally?

Note that Karma isn't the exact same thing as Sins or Merits. And in Buddhism Sins or merits are quite different from other concepts.

Let me simplify.

In Buddhism
Sins or merits - Good or bad actions which are actually done or not done physically (verbally)
Karma - Good or bad deeds done mentally.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Note that Karma isn't the exact same thing as Sins or Merits. And in Buddhism Sins or merits are quite different from other concepts.

Let me simplify.

In Buddhism
Sins or merits - Good or bad actions which are actually done or not done physically (verbally)
Karma - Good or bad deeds done mentally.

Anything done physically, requires the deed to be done mentally first,... So, it now seems as though being a human is the result of low/bad Karma, and any life form lower than us would be Nirvana. Therefore, the need to build good Karma during human consciousness to achieve this enlightenment.

R

Riva

Slaughtering animals.

Gathers Karma for putting your need in front of another. (mental sinned)
Gathers sins for slaughtering an animal. (physically sinned)

Let me illustrate Karma more.

'Helping someone'
With the intention of getting something back in return.
Now this ethically (not according to Buddhism) is a bad thing to do.

According to Buddhism it results in.
Merits not sins. - you actually physically (actions) helped someone.
Bad karma - You have greed in your mind.

R

Riva

Anything done physically, requires the deed to be done mentally first,...

I explained it in my previous post. I think both of us posted this and my previous post at the same time.:)

So, it now seems as though being a human is the result of low/bad Karma, and any life form lower than us would be Nirvana.

The GOOD Karma you gathered for the past 1,000 lives or more made you a human.
To do good Karma you must have a mature state of mind.
An animal would never NOT slaughter another animal thinking "hey I am taking his chance away to live by killing him. therefore I must let him go."
If you could do that, that is Karma. The more Karma you gather the better the machine you would get. :D

Therefore, the need to build good Karma during human consciousness to achieve this enlightenment.

You got it!:yes:

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
The GOOD Karma you gathered for the past 1,000 lives or more made you a human.
To do good Karma you must have a mature state of mind.
An animal would never NOT slaughter another animal thinking "hey I am taking his chance away to live by killing him. therefore I must let him go."
If you could do that, that is Karma. The more Karma you gather the better the machine you would get. :D

Do other animals have the chance to reincarnate?... If so, how does that happen if they can't moralize their own existence?... If not, what separates their spiritual gain from ours?

For reincarnation to be random, the "energy" would have to contradict the absolute, it would never reach the end, and never become enlightened!... Does that make sense? :blush:

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
The core of buddhism is based on the belief (empirical actually) that no one has a soul.

Buddhist teachings = Anattma (no soul)

Since there is no soul there is no I no self. there is no permanent self.

The more Karma (not Pin/merits) the higher the consciousness thus better quality the electricity. The power of the electricity become so strong that now it is strong enough to go to a machine which has a higher capacity (consciousness). :)

So you are correct.

The latter assumes a permanent greater presence to maintain and compare what has more "electricity" and what doesn't. Doesn't that conflict with the premise that there is no god (what is this database then) or there is no soul (the soul whose karmas are in this database.) of Buddhism?

Anatma would mean simply that living beings turn to dust after death. Consciousness/soul included. What comes of this dust should be wholly unpredictable.

The assertion that when re - birth comes to cease all other tumults and disturbances will also come to an end. In accordance it being crystal clear that there is nothing to be taken as a soul is fallacious because of the reasons given above. :smile:

As soon as predictability or pattern of any kind of the working of this universe which is beyond observable is proposed that itself brings in the concept of god (Therefore Buddhism proposes a god or soul indirectly).

Therefore we come back to the Hindu form of re incarnation which makes more sense since they prescribe a certain idea of cosmology (an algorithm which predicts how the universe works) and therefore bring in god and then karma and how karmas figure in the cycle of rebirths. (not to promote Hinduism but just to contrast religions as OP wanted to talk about re incarnation somewhere in the thread)

Here is a link for those interested in Hindu concept of Reincarnation. The Belief of Reincarnation of Soul in Hinduism

R

Riva

As soon as predictability or pattern of any kind of the working of this universe which is beyond observable is proposed that itself brings in the concept of god (Therefore Buddhism proposes a god or soul indirectly).

:huh:
Just because there is something predictable it does not mean there is a God or a Soul.

R

Riva

The latter assumes a permanent greater presence to maintain and compare what has more "electricity" and what doesn't. Doesn't that conflict with the premise that there is no god (what is this database then) or there is no soul (the soul whose karmas are in this database.) of Buddhism?

Vinyana is not a easy thing to be explained. Especially ny a post, especially to anyone who doesn't know jack even the basics.

By tried to simplify the meaning too much. It messed everything up.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
Vinyana is not a easy thing to be explained. Especially ny a post, especially to anyone who doesn't know jack even the basics.

By tried to simplify the meaning too much. It messed everything up.

if u cant explain what you want to convey then who doesnt know jack:hi: just link it up and save everyone sometime

R

Riva

Do other animals have the chance to reincarnate?... If so, how does that happen if they can't moralize their own existence?... If not, what separates their spiritual gain from ours?

For reincarnation to be random, the "energy" would have to contradict the absolute, it would never reach the end, and never become enlightened!... Does that make sense? :blush:

I don't understand the last para. :doh: you'll have to simplify and not use mathematical terms. :)

At the 1st para -
Yes they do. :doh:(according to Buddhism).
And we were not always humans. (that is what i tried to explain in my machine theory).

What do you mean by moralize their own existence? Urge/Force it?
If yes....

Yes they can moralize their own existence. Don't animals want to live????
That is any animals primary (main) objective.

To live, To eat, To reproduce isn't it?

And moralizing existence is a desire.
The desire to live.
The desire to do what ever it takes to live.
To survive
to kill
etc etc

That is the cause of existence in Buddhism........
And enlightenment is the end of existence...
And a Buddha is a person who finds the way out of that existence.
:)

This is very basic Buddhism. This is Buddhism.