User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    The GOOD Karma you gathered for the past 1,000 lives or more made you a human.
    To do good Karma you must have a mature state of mind.
    An animal would never NOT slaughter another animal thinking "hey I am taking his chance away to live by killing him. therefore I must let him go."
    If you could do that, that is Karma. The more Karma you gather the better the machine you would get.
    Do other animals have the chance to reincarnate?... If so, how does that happen if they can't moralize their own existence?... If not, what separates their spiritual gain from ours?

For reincarnation to be random, the "energy" would have to contradict the absolute, it would never reach the end, and never become enlightened!... Does that make sense?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENTp

The core of buddhism is based on the belief (empirical actually) that no one has a soul.

Buddhist teachings = Anattma (no soul)

Since there is no soul there is no I no self. there is no permanent self.
    The more Karma (not Pin/merits) the higher the consciousness thus better quality the electricity. The power of the electricity become so strong that now it is strong enough to go to a machine which has a higher capacity (consciousness).

So you are correct.
    The latter assumes a permanent greater presence to maintain and compare what has more "electricity" and what doesn't. Doesn't that conflict with the premise that there is no god (what is this database then) or there is no soul (the soul whose karmas are in this database.) of Buddhism?

Anatma would mean simply that living beings turn to dust after death. Consciousness/soul included. What comes of this dust should be wholly unpredictable.

The assertion that when re - birth comes to cease all other tumults and disturbances will also come to an end. In accordance it being crystal clear that there is nothing to be taken as a soul is fallacious because of the reasons given above.

As soon as predictability or pattern of any kind of the working of this universe which is beyond observable is proposed that itself brings in the concept of god (Therefore Buddhism proposes a god or soul indirectly).

Therefore we come back to the Hindu form of re incarnation which makes more sense since they prescribe a certain idea of cosmology (an algorithm which predicts how the universe works) and therefore bring in god and then karma and how karmas figure in the cycle of rebirths. (not to promote Hinduism but just to contrast religions as OP wanted to talk about re incarnation somewhere in the thread)

Here is a link for those interested in Hindu concept of Reincarnation. The Belief of Reincarnation of Soul in Hinduism
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by slumdogtrillionaire View Post
    As soon as predictability or pattern of any kind of the working of this universe which is beyond observable is proposed that itself brings in the concept of god (Therefore Buddhism proposes a god or soul indirectly).

Just because there is something predictable it does not mean there is a God or a Soul.

Riva

The latter assumes a permanent greater presence to maintain and compare what has more "electricity" and what doesn't. Doesn't that conflict with the premise that there is no god (what is this database then) or there is no soul (the soul whose karmas are in this database.) of Buddhism?
    Vinyana is not a easy thing to be explained. Especially ny a post, especially to anyone who doesn't know jack even the basics.

By tried to simplify the meaning too much. It messed everything up.

MBTI
    ENTp

Just because there is something predictable it does not mean there is a God or a Soul.
    i said unpredictable, or a prediction made about things beyond observable.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    ENTp

Vinyana is not a easy thing to be explained. Especially ny a post, especially to anyone who doesn't know jack even the basics.

By tried to simplify the meaning too much. It messed everything up.
    if u cant explain what you want to convey then who doesnt know jack just link it up and save everyone sometime
    Type 8 sx/sp/so

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Do other animals have the chance to reincarnate?... If so, how does that happen if they can't moralize their own existence?... If not, what separates their spiritual gain from ours?

For reincarnation to be random, the "energy" would have to contradict the absolute, it would never reach the end, and never become enlightened!... Does that make sense?
    I don't understand the last para. you'll have to simplify and not use mathematical terms.

At the 1st para -
    Yes they do. (according to Buddhism).
    And we were not always humans. (that is what i tried to explain in my machine theory).

What do you mean by moralize their own existence? Urge/Force it?
    If yes....

Yes they can moralize their own existence. Don't animals want to live????
    That is any animals primary (main) objective.

To live, To eat, To reproduce isn't it?

And moralizing existence is a desire.
    The desire to live.
    The desire to do what ever it takes to live.
    To survive
    to kill
    etc etc

That is the cause of existence in Buddhism........
    And enlightenment is the end of existence...
    And a Buddha is a person who finds the way out of that existence.

This is very basic Buddhism. This is Buddhism.

Riva

i said unpredictable, or a prediction made about things beyond observable.
    SORRY SORRY SORRY I missed the UN part of unpredictable.

You must have noticed how many typing mistakes I make.

Riva

if u cant explain what you want to convey then who doesnt know jack just link it up and save everyone sometime
    I did make a lin. That is in the 1st page itself.

Riva

*link*