User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Riva

But to go from one machine to another the current has to become stronger (more good karma). Once it is ready, it travels to another machine which has a better karma capacity.

This is why Buddha has told it is extremely hard to become a human.

And it should also be noted that Karma is not entirely good or bad. It is a kind of higher level of consciousness.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    ... The more Karma (not Pin/merits) the higher the consciousness thus better quality the electricity. The power of the electricity become so strong that now it is strong enough to go to a machine which has a higher capacity (consciousness).
    Ok,... Wouldn't that make human consciousness the last stop for this "data"?

The reason I ask this is because in reality, we are at the top, over most ALL living things, with rocks and sand being the lowest!

What's next?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post

The reason I ask this is because in reality, we are at the top, over most living things, with rocks and sand being the lowest!

What's next?
    From my understanding, oblivion (in orthodox Buddhism, that is-I think Mahayanna Buddhism assumes integration into a universal consciousness). I've never really understood the appeal of orthodox Buddhism, for that reason. But then, I've always been a strong individualist, so Buddhism would never appeal to me, anyway (though its one of my two favorite institutional religions, due to its effects on society).

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    From my understanding, oblivion (in orthodox Buddhism, that is-I think Mahayanna Buddhism assumes integration into a universal consciousness). I've never really understood the appeal of orthodox Buddhism, for that reason. But then, I've always been a strong individualist, so Buddhism would never appeal to me, anyway (though its one of my two favorite institutional religions, due to its effects on society).
    Is theravada Buddhism.

Riva

The reason I ask this is because in reality, we are at the top, over most ALL living things, with rocks and sand being the lowest!

What's next?
    The story does not end there. This life you could be a human and the next life your karma could run out that you'll end up in the body of a frog.

The Vinyanaya does not stop in one type of machine. It could assume a better life or a worse. But it goes on an on according to the karma you have gathered. It never stops.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

The story does not end there. This life you could be a human and the next life your karma could run out that you'll end up in the body of a frog.

The Vinyanaya does not stop in one type of machine. It could assume a better life or a worse. But it goes on an on according to the karma you have gathered. It never stops.
    This is a genuine question: If Karma is responsible for reincarnation, and "assigns" you to a particular level of life, good or bad, how does basic human survival have an affect on ones Karma?... What I mean is, would harvesting grains, slaughtering animals, or creating species propagation to ensure human survival have an affect on the "energy" being made by these machines, if it's function is ceased unnaturally?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Riva

This is a genuine question: If Karma is responsible for reincarnation, and "assigns" you to a particular level of life, good or bad, how does basic human survival have an affect on ones Karma?... What I mean is, would harvesting grains, slaughtering animals, or creating species propagation to ensure human survival have an affect on the "energy" being made by these machines, if it's function is ceased unnaturally?
    Note that Karma isn't the exact same thing as Sins or Merits. And in Buddhism Sins or merits are quite different from other concepts.

Let me simplify.

In Buddhism
    Sins or merits - Good or bad actions which are actually done or not done physically (verbally)
    Karma - Good or bad deeds done mentally.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Note that Karma isn't the exact same thing as Sins or Merits. And in Buddhism Sins or merits are quite different from other concepts.

Let me simplify.

In Buddhism
    Sins or merits - Good or bad actions which are actually done or not done physically (verbally)
    Karma - Good or bad deeds done mentally.
    Anything done physically, requires the deed to be done mentally first,... So, it now seems as though being a human is the result of low/bad Karma, and any life form lower than us would be Nirvana. Therefore, the need to build good Karma during human consciousness to achieve this enlightenment.

Riva

Slaughtering animals.

Gathers Karma for putting your need in front of another. (mental sinned)
    Gathers sins for slaughtering an animal. (physically sinned)

Let me illustrate Karma more.

'Helping someone'
    With the intention of getting something back in return.
    Now this ethically (not according to Buddhism) is a bad thing to do.

According to Buddhism it results in.
    Merits not sins. - you actually physically (actions) helped someone.
    Bad karma - You have greed in your mind.

Riva

Anything done physically, requires the deed to be done mentally first,...
    I explained it in my previous post. I think both of us posted this and my previous post at the same time.

So, it now seems as though being a human is the result of low/bad Karma, and any life form lower than us would be Nirvana.
    The GOOD Karma you gathered for the past 1,000 lives or more made you a human.
    To do good Karma you must have a mature state of mind.
    An animal would never NOT slaughter another animal thinking "hey I am taking his chance away to live by killing him. therefore I must let him go."
    If you could do that, that is Karma. The more Karma you gather the better the machine you would get.

Therefore, the need to build good Karma during human consciousness to achieve this enlightenment.
    You got it!