• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the American frame of mind?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that's the kind of superficial, mass-market impression one might get from watching a lot of television. I think there's another, older American outlook that you can still find if you dig a little. You'll find in it ideas like the following:

• You deserve nothing more than what you have earned... and nothing less.
  • There are things worth dying for, and worth living for.
  • Sometimes doing your best isn't enough; you have to do that which is required.
  • Self-esteem proceeds naturally from achievement, and achievement from character. Self-esteem is an effect, not a cause.

I agree, and I disagree.
I'd say that many americans live in that mass-market superficiality as a part of it...
I don't think they contribute much to make your country look better.

On the other hand, there is that almost rough, stalwart american frontier spirit that is really admirable.
It's still there in some people, hope it doesn't go away.
It gave the world a great many good things, most importantly the American revolution which resulted in modern democracy.

Besides all the bad things I say about America, there is actually a lot hidden in the background that is quite admirable.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I agree, and I disagree.
I'd say that many americans live in that mass-market superficiality as a part of it...
I don't think they contribute much to make your country look better.

On the other hand, there is that almost rough, stalwart american frontier spirit that is really admirable.
It's still there in some people, hope it doesn't go away.
It gave the world a great many good things, most importantly the American revolution which resulted in modern democracy.

Besides all the bad things I say about America, there is actually a lot hidden in the background that is quite admirable.

Put your worst foot forward?

Kangol

MBTI Type
INTP
Still didn't see Team America: World Police

I think there are three general frames of mind, which don't necessarily correspond to any political affiliation (but perhaps tastes in clothing stores):

1) "America, FUCK YEA!"
2) "Yea, FUCK AMERICA!"
3) "Pokemon RULES!"

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
You forgot:

4) "Hey man, let's get baked! (Drunk, crunk, etc., whatever)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I see you have a Simpson's icon. This idea of America is almost like that episode when Mr. Burns says that he's so diseased that all the diseases are stuck in the door, and none of them can get in.

America is gridlocked, so progress is best made by individuals?

lol I remember that, and the way my idea is similar is the same as when Burns thought he was indestructible because of these multitude of diseases going in all at the same time and the same amount. So it's leading to a good thing.