User Tag List

View Poll Results: Aren't we all racists?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, in a way.

19 26.39%
  • No way.

16 22.22%
  • Prejudiced, but not racist.

37 51.39%
First 1018192021 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I didn't speak about nutrients so your other point is irrilevant.
    The only point to sunlight exposure, in regards to the development of human intelligence, is vitamin D, i.e. nutrients. Incidentally, where has it been "proven" that vitamin D supplements only prevent rickets, rather than memory obfuscation?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think race is a hugely divisive issue in our current cultural climate. My solution (very long term), would be similar to simworlds -- that we teach children that different skin color should be factored in just as much as different eye or hair color in terms of categorizing people (as in, not at all). When a child is confronted by racism, explain why the racist's view doesn't make sense and should be ignored (just like if anyone made some irrational silly generalized claim).

Hypothetically, it will eventually (like, after many many iterations of this) become a non-issue this way.

I can't even think of any other way to solve the problem.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    The only point to sunlight exposure, in regards to the development of human intelligence, is vitamin D, i.e. nutrients. Incidentally, where has it been "proven" that vitamin D supplements only prevent rickets, rather than memory obfuscation?
    Look at some research, I can't be bothered to search now, since you were belligerant and not at least open regarding my hypothesis. You need a shitload of supplements of exclusively vitamin D in order to get the same effect of sunlight, 99 percent of people don't use them. I could be wrong, of course, but who cares. A quick example I remember: 'round 35 percent of pakistanis in denmark suffer of very low bone density in spite of vitamin D fortified milk. (ok i got the source: Pakistani immigrant children and adults in Denmark...[Eur J Clin Nutr. 2008] - PubMed Result )

Your assumptions are based on pure conjecture. Care to share a source which backs your claim that IQ is correlated with latitude/sun exposure?
    Wat? That wasn't my claim at all, I only that it's totally possible that blacks need an optimal (more than whites) amount of sunlight (wrt to their skin/body) for their mind to be well-functioning. Thus the correct version of my conjecture would be: given a population with X optimal latitude/altitude combination, strong positive (thus, higher) deviations of latitude will have a negative impact on cognitive function, ceteris paribus. OF COURSE it's just my conjecture based on my observations, do you think that everything that humans have done so far was always based on preceeding sources?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

OF COURSE it's just my conjecture based on my observations, do you think that everything that humans have done so far was always based on preceeding sources?
    It's never a bad idea to stand on the shoulders of giants... if you want to be taken seriously.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    It's never a bad idea to stand on the shoulders of giants... if you want to be taken seriously.
    I never asked for your approval, so...stop tailgating me.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I never asked for your approval, so...stop tailgating me.
    Oh sorry, I didn't realize this was a private conversation. I still say the the most prominent explanation for racial discrepancies in IQ between races in America lies in the inequal distribution of education, which is linked to wealth inequalities, which in turn is tied to the correlation of racial wealth inequalities.
    Ti

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Oh sorry, I didn't realize this was a private conversation. I still say the the most prominent explanation for racial discrepancies in IQ between races in America lies in the inequal distribution of education, which is linked to wealth inequalities, which in turn is tied to the correlation of racial wealth inequalities.
    Nice. It must be lovely to have such a confidence in your own ideas
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I wish I could have unmitigated confidence in my own ignorance like some people do, but unfortunately, I'm forced to actually assimilate truth and facts when I come across them.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

That specific idea is not exactly new, nor my own.
    Ti

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

We are Prejudiced, indeed. Racism just seems like a folly, or rather much an exaggeration.

... And being Prejudiced is one of the most miserable things about people. Every one is affected by it.