User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think you have a soul? and why?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do belive that people have souls thanks to religious reasons.

    10 15.15%
  • I feel that I have one, therefore I do.

    25 37.88%
  • I think a soul is something which is just made up.

    31 46.97%
First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 146

  1. #21
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    What if I said that I think other people have souls, but that I don't have one?

  2. #22
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    You are, I believe, assuming that thoughts are not made of matter, no? Thoughts are the result of neurons firing, making associations, and biological responses (such as seeing a huge snake, thinking "Holy Shit!" and feeling your body produce adrenalin). All of the above is done with the chemicals that make up your body, not magic juju.

    No?
    you heard her Ragingkatsuki.

    just listen to me and do a bit of SOUL SEARCHING and you'll realize that i am right.

  3. #23
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    You are, I believe, assuming that thoughts are not made of matter, no? Thoughts are the result of neurons firing, making associations, and biological responses (such as seeing a huge snake, thinking "Holy Shit!" and feeling your body produce adrenalin). All of the above is done with the chemicals that make up your body, not magic juju.

    No?
    And what's the relation between the chemicals and the actual feeling? It's impossible to show feelings in a solid form. There must be a bridge between the matter and the non matter.

  4. #24
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    What if I said that I think other people have souls, but that I don't have one?
    then you must be a INTJ

  5. #25
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    then you must be a INTJ
    Okay, that was funny.

    But seriously, some INTJs seem to have souls, too. In fact, that's why many of them are so concerned about their personal integrity and truth. I have no soul, so I tell people what they want to hear rather than caring about right, wrong, or accuracy.

    Maybe I'm just an evil INFJ, if there is such a thing. Otherwise, if NTs are the only ones that can be evil, I guess I'm an INTJ (or an INTP).

  6. #26
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Yes I believe I have a soul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    we don't usually compare biology to psychology.
    You do in Behaviorism.

  7. #27
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes I believe I have a soul.

    You do in Behaviorism.
    I don't know. I never really studied vocabulary too much. so i don't know what that means.

    so dear Mr. Peguy why do you think you have one?

  8. #28
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    And what's the relation between the chemicals and the actual feeling? It's impossible to show feelings in a solid form. There must be a bridge between the matter and the non matter.
    We're operating under two different assumptions. I am assuming that there is no non-matter aspect to human consciousness. I think that all functions of the brain can be explained (though perhaps not in this age) by entirely tangible processes.

    Your argument for there being a soul, essentially rests on the presence of a soul or some other non-matter facet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    But seriously, some INTJs seem to have souls, too. In fact, that's why many of them are so concerned about their personal integrity and truth. I have no soul, so I tell people what they want to hear rather than caring about right, wrong, or accuracy.
    Aw, I'm glad you're coming around to us

    Oh, and I think it's not that you haven't got a soul, it's more like...You've got Fe though I'd think your Ti would counterbalance that, perhaps it just doesn't work that way for ya.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  9. #29
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Mr. Peguy why do you think you have one?
    Peguy is a Catholic. All Catholics believe people have souls. Therefore, Peguy believes people have souls.

    Not that hard to figure out.

  10. #30
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Okay, that was funny.

    But seriously, some INTJs seem to have souls, too. In fact, that's why many of them are so concerned about their personal integrity and truth. I have no soul, so I tell people what they want to hear rather than caring about right, wrong, or accuracy.

    Maybe I'm just an evil INFJ, if there is such a thing. Otherwise, if NTs are the only ones that can be evil, I guess I'm an INTJ (or an INTP).
    lol,

    yeah INTJs have 'Fi'. And Fi is like whats right and whats wrong, integrity etc

    you have Fe. well everyone has all the functions in the book but you have more Fe than Fi. therefore you rather listen without pointing at their mistakes-

    based on your way of seeing(Fi) things.

Similar Threads

  1. Do you think he actually got dumber? If so, what caused it?
    By StonedPhilosopher in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 02:39 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 11:39 AM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs, how often do you cry, [if ever] and why?
    By Spry in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 11:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO