• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Aura/non physical/otherworldly thread.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Share any information, thoughts, feelings, or experiences you have, I'm very open minded. But I'm going to take a wild guess and say not much experiences have been had in this department by most, but whatever here it is anyways.

Please don't be shy and don't be afraid of any ridicule you might receive from those spirituality hating atheists. :cry:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDOi1BLoN3U"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDOi1BLoN3U"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After a very intense "religious wilderness experience" I had in my 20's, I suddenly had a vision of the world all being connected by golden bands of light.

I mean this very literally. The vision was not in my head, I experienced it as if it were coming through my eyes. I actually saw the world as if it were all mapped and connected, the clouds to the land to the trees to the buildings to the water to whatever else.

It was glorious.

The vision lasted a few days.

I've never had anything like it again.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Was there any partaking of wild mushrooms during this "wilderness experience"? Not that I want to throw a wet blanket on your claim... just want to understand the point of reference.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While trancing I quite literally saw Nature come to life and take shape. After that, I understood where folklore about elves, fey, dryads etc comes from.

S

Sniffles

While trancing I quite literally saw Nature come to life and take shape. After that, I understood where folklore about elves, fey, dryads etc comes from.

You were eating mushrooms weren't you? :tongue10: ;)

As for me: I experienced a certain trance like state one time when I visited a very old church in my area, and brought a recording of Gregorian chants with me. Very powerful experience!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't need 'em, I'm NFP ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Was there any partaking of wild mushrooms during this "wilderness experience"? Not that I want to throw a wet blanket on your claim... just want to understand the point of reference.

Hmmm.... Does snorting Pixie Stix count? ;)

Nope, nothing.

Context:

I was struggling with a particular personal issue for about two years.

At most you could say "extreme depression/stress" had driven nails through my brain for months and I couldn't resolve my situation. There was no "right answer" and I was terrified of making a mistake, and no matter what I chose, I felt screwed.

Then one day I felt like I got an answer that just popped into my head from God and my depression broke instantaneously -- my inner skeptic was shocked to pieces at the experience, I had no way to process it.

A few days later, I had this vision that then ran a few more days before dissipating.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or see things others cannot? :alttongue:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only times I see things others can not is when I have migraines.

"Darn it, the worms are back. :( "

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't see aura's but I do beleive they exsist and I do beleive they are super important to collective communication and emotional states.

A fairly werid experience, I'd come back from a business trip to the states, on the hotest day of the year here, I'd probbaly gone 24 hours without sleep so went to be but as hard as I tried in my over tiered state sleep was not with me. I looked up from my bed and a tube of white light appeared with a pure white birds hear looking down at me.... it then took off and the whole vision dissapeared. I was seriously shocked by that... very weird...

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've had what I think are referred to as "numinous" moments. I will sometimes get them when contemplating the Universe or physics, or maybe if I'm stargazing. Characterized by an immediate sense of awe, insignificance, and the perception of the mysterious. Truly wonderful moments.

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FbSPXC4btU"]Ellie's Experience in Contact[/youtube]

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I do think there might be somehting to Auras as a measure of our souls--I find it fascinating that some people can see them.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thread Swiffered.... please keep it on topic, thanks!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I tend to think the viewing of auras is somehow tied to synesthesia.
Synesthesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However don't jump to the conclusion that if I attach a fancy scientific word to something that it loses it's personal meaning. Quite the contrary. To the synesthetes the auras are meaningful. Your unconscious is trying to tell you something, so it's important to pay attention. I view the importance of auras on the same level as the importance of dreams. I think it's important to listen to the messages of your unconscious mind. I know I become more self aware as I reflect upon these unconscious signals that don't quite make sense to me at first.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I tend to think the viewing of auras is somehow tied to synesthesia.
Synesthesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However don't jump to the conclusion that if I attach a fancy scientific word to something that it loses it's personal meaning. Quite the contrary. To the synesthetes the auras are meaningful. Your unconscious is trying to tell you something, so it's important to pay attention. I view the importance of auras on the same level as the importance of dreams. I think it's important to listen to the messages of your unconscious mind. I know I become more self aware as I reflect upon these unconscious signals that don't quite make sense to me at first.

Synistesia (?sp) is a condition where the senses are jumbled up - but there are loads of people can see auras - they don't see spoken word as colours, they see energy around people.. you can teach yourself to see auras (you can't teach yourself to have synistesia), its all about how you focus. I guess I see the odd flash (usually from a baby of a blueness around them).

Synistersia people see colours with words and stuff.. it's pretty complex and to an extent pretty cool. It's basically the senses like hearing are visiually coloured.

Auras - if you get into them are "suppose" to have 7 layers which have different functions... however I doubt this is more than supposition....

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I used to get these moments of extreme euphoria, where I thought everything was beautiful and interconnected, Even when riding the subway!
It ended up that what I was experiencing was brain damage from MS. It was a very nice and profound expirence though. It hasn't happened in about 6 years though, fortunately.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I was in Big Foot country hiking and a rock (fell) next to me while climbing a cliff.

Heard some rustling in the trees when I turned to look where the rock came from. (bad Bigfoot?)

Lost my backpack and it reappeared somewhere else where I have no idea how it got there. (good Bigfoot?)

Maybe it was my friends just playing tricks on me but nobody ever fessed up.