User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

this is real and legitimate telekinesis/psychokinesis for anyone interested.
    He refers to it as the manipulation of the quantum reality field, and that's a perfectly reasonable explanation in itself if you have been following quantum theory. It's sad that most people have been fooled so many times that they no longer can distinguish what is real or not for themselves anymore, now they have to look for authorities like james randi to dictate to them what is real or not.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNhGkTP_MQ"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNhGkTP_MQ"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Yes, I understand that people say auras are some supernatural phenomena. I personally don't believe it. I tend to think the phenomena comes from something internal, i.e. it is like a mild form of synesthesia.
    No not what I mean at all - you can learn to see auras... it's a skill, you can practice if you have an eye.

Synesthesia can't turn it off, it's hard wired nurological problem....very different thing. Synesthesia don't see auras they see other senses in colour. for example, Pain is green, the word zero is yellow and the number 0 is mustard.

Auras are just halos, I'm not saying you can't have both, but they are very different. A senestisic could paint the music produced by an orchestra - someone who sees auras see halos around people in the orchestra, they are seeing living things enrgy fields - like thermals around people... Sens see weird stuff like the colour of the tempos of music.....It's really COOL....but much different.

MBTI
    ENTP

Hey LL

Thought abit more about the Sen v's seeing auruas stuff when I was out... I really do agree there are definately some parallels

I can totally see where you are coming from, but a Sen's got crossed wires behind their eyes (gross simplication admittedly).... No amount of practice can turn people that way... yes you can teach your brain new neuron paths, but jumbling up the connections is not something I think you can lear/who would want too...

sorry if I sound like I'm labouring, beleive what you will I'm just trying to clarify one is an anatomy thing.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Hey LL

Thought abit more about the Sen v's seeing auruas stuff when I was out... I really do agree there are definately some parallels

I can totally see where you are coming from, but a Sen's got crossed wires behind their eyes (gross simplication admittedly).... No amount of practice can turn people that way... yes you can teach your brain new neuron paths, but jumbling up the connections is not something I think you can lear/who would want too...

sorry if I sound like I'm labouring, beleive what you will I'm just trying to clarify one is an anatomy thing.
    Yeah I agree with a lot of your points. I understand that synesthesia is completely involuntary. However both the synesthete and the aura reader are seeing colors where a person normally would not. I personally don't think the aura reader is seeing "thermals" or "energy fields" or anything else surrounding a person. I think the aura reader is unconsciously picking up on moods and personality traits, and they associate that with a color. My point is that seeing auras is all internal just like synesthesia.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah I agree with a lot of your points. I understand that synesthesia is completely involuntary. However both the synesthete and the aura reader are seeing colors where a person normally would not. I personally don't think the aura reader is seeing "thermals" or "energy fields" or anything else surrounding a person. I think the aura reader is unconsciously picking up on moods and personality traits, and they associate that with a color. My point is that seeing auras is all internal just like synesthesia.
    Aaaaaaahhhhh you are stomping into physics, a science I didn't have a wee bit of knoweldge off - so scuse me if I screw up...

People who learn to see auras teach there eyes to see a different frequency - that is all, as far as I know....

It's similar to squinty to look at paintings to see dimensions or tones of colours etc...... it's a vision skill you're teaching your eyes... so I've been told... synestisia is a nurological condition....

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Seeing anything/everything is internal, it's the brain/mind's interpretation of the electrical impulses it receives from the sense organ. But there are things that exist in reality that you cannot easily perceive and which are not physical to begin with.

If someone can see things which you cannot, you are kind of assuming there is something wrong with them, and all of them. but without any real proof, just a general speculation. I can see the logic behind your theory but it leads to a general dismissal of all cases, and in other words, kind of narrow minded. As someone who probably believes in popular evolution theory, what makes you think that it's impossible that this may be a change in evolutionary states, and a product of heightened awareness in these newly evolved individuals?

I'm just trying to point out that you probably never put much thought into this and you are making a general dismissal without really looking into it. This is probably because of a rigid belief system but I'm also trying to appeal to the relation to your belief systems that this may actually fit in with it.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    If someone can see things which you cannot, you are kind of assuming there is something wrong with them,
    I never said there was anything wrong with it. If you go back and read my original post in this thread you will see that I said it could be a helpful tool.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I tend to think the viewing of auras is somehow tied to synesthesia.
    Synesthesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However don't jump to the conclusion that if I attach a fancy scientific word to something that it loses it's personal meaning. Quite the contrary. To the synesthetes the auras are meaningful. Your unconscious is trying to tell you something, so it's important to pay attention. I view the importance of auras on the same level as the importance of dreams. I think it's important to listen to the messages of your unconscious mind. I know I become more self aware as I reflect upon these unconscious signals that don't quite make sense to me at first.
    yes I know but you are implying that all people who see auras are "synesthetes" (it's all in their head) and what I'm implying is that the aura/ether is there whether you see it/believe in it or not, and that certain individuals can see it, I think it's a very real thing. and are you not implying that it's not real? outside of the head?

here take a look at this, and rethink whether or not the aura/ether is an objective reality.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPV-JExUPns"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPV-JExUPns"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH9vAIdMqng"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH9vAIdMqng"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I was meaning to make a thread exactly like this at some point in the last week but I didn't have time...

A few of my experiences:

The first I can remember was when I was either 12 or 13. I was sleeping, completely soundly and dreaming of something stupid (I remember this because I know what happened next was NOT a dream). Suddenly, I woke up as if someone screamed in my ear. There was no external stimuli to wake me up. I woke up and sat bolt straight up in my bed and looked forward. In front of me was a black/grey/white image of a man strangling a women. There was no noise. The two people appeared to be from the nineteenth century according to their dress. The man had dark hair and a mustache. The woman also had dark hair which was pulled up into a bun. They looked to be in their mid to late 30s. The man strangled the woman for a couple minutes and then the image slowly dissipated. I remember knocking a glass of water over because of my very sudden awakening. I also remember checking a clock after the image was gone and it was 2:14 am. I immediately went to sleep after this happened. I woke up the next morning and the glass was on the floor so I did not dream this. I have no idea what it means or what it could be caused by.

The next experience I had during a drug induced state (I don't know if I am allowed to talk about it on this part of the forum.)
    At one point I was walking down the street my friend's house was on. At one point I realized I was watching myself from behind. I could see me and my two friends from behind walking down the street. I didn't realize until much later that I had an out of body experience. Then, I saw a statue of a dog that came to life and my friends and I were arguing whether it was alive or not. I was the only one who was seeing things. I also kept seeing silvery specters/spirits among the trees and such.

My last mystical experience happened to me while meditating about two years ago.

This was the beginning of my serious attempts to meditate. I had stayed over at a friends house and woke up that morning before she was awake. I decided to go into her living room to try and meditate. I would say I started to meditate a few minutes after I woke up. I sat on the floor in the lotus position and began to clear my mind. Suddenly, I was aware I was not in her living room but in what appeared to be a monastery. I have since assumed I was in Tibet, but that is just my intuition. It appeared to be dusk. I was being lead down a hallway by a young boy monk in a red robe. He took my hand and was leading me down a hallway in what I presumed was a temple. The hallway was stone and on the right hand side there were large archway openings like this kind of : http://static.relax.com.sg/site/serv...2/topImage.jpg... with a singular white candle lit on the floor in each one. The archways opened out into a courtyard I presumed.

This picture reminds me of the vision :

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/6/5538182_d9d21c4345.jpg

I felt like I was there...kind of like a lucid dream. I was not trying to do this it just happened like I fell into it... Has anyone else traveled during mediation? Would this be considered astral projection?

Also I don't know if this counts but a lot of times when I am asleep and someone is about to call me (either my home phone or cell phone) I wake up about 5-10 seconds before the phone rings. I have also had premonitions while sleeping about something calling me only to wake up and have that person call about ten seconds later.

That's all I can think of for now.

Oh yeah...this too... by far one of the most AMAZING things I have seen on video:

(skip to 3:00)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxWHrSnGLYI"]The Great Arcanum Pt. 1[/YOUTUBE]

continues w/ Master Chang

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eCaR4gD4kY"]The Great Arcanum Pt.2[/YOUTUBE]

I show it to everyone... even skeptics are shocked.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

^ Nyx I would say that astral projection is the closest thing that can define your experience, from my book of words anyways. I wish I can do it myself but I have failed to do remote viewing/astral project.

I can however manage doing some macro telekinesis/psychokinesis, I don't like to talk about it much though.

I'm going to take a look at those vids you posted in a bit, I'll get back to you after I watch them.