User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Or see things others cannot?
    No that's our department - remember we INFJs are the prophets and mystics.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't see aura's but I do beleive they exsist and I do beleive they are super important to collective communication and emotional states.

A fairly werid experience, I'd come back from a business trip to the states, on the hotest day of the year here, I'd probbaly gone 24 hours without sleep so went to be but as hard as I tried in my over tiered state sleep was not with me. I looked up from my bed and a tube of white light appeared with a pure white birds hear looking down at me.... it then took off and the whole vision dissapeared. I was seriously shocked by that... very weird...

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I've had what I think are referred to as "numinous" moments. I will sometimes get them when contemplating the Universe or physics, or maybe if I'm stargazing. Characterized by an immediate sense of awe, insignificance, and the perception of the mysterious. Truly wonderful moments.

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FbSPXC4btU"]Ellie's Experience in Contact[/youtube]

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

I do think there might be somehting to Auras as a measure of our souls--I find it fascinating that some people can see them.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Thread Swiffered.... please keep it on topic, thanks!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I tend to think the viewing of auras is somehow tied to synesthesia.
    Synesthesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However don't jump to the conclusion that if I attach a fancy scientific word to something that it loses it's personal meaning. Quite the contrary. To the synesthetes the auras are meaningful. Your unconscious is trying to tell you something, so it's important to pay attention. I view the importance of auras on the same level as the importance of dreams. I think it's important to listen to the messages of your unconscious mind. I know I become more self aware as I reflect upon these unconscious signals that don't quite make sense to me at first.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I tend to think the viewing of auras is somehow tied to synesthesia.
    Synesthesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However don't jump to the conclusion that if I attach a fancy scientific word to something that it loses it's personal meaning. Quite the contrary. To the synesthetes the auras are meaningful. Your unconscious is trying to tell you something, so it's important to pay attention. I view the importance of auras on the same level as the importance of dreams. I think it's important to listen to the messages of your unconscious mind. I know I become more self aware as I reflect upon these unconscious signals that don't quite make sense to me at first.
    Synistesia (?sp) is a condition where the senses are jumbled up - but there are loads of people can see auras - they don't see spoken word as colours, they see energy around people.. you can teach yourself to see auras (you can't teach yourself to have synistesia), its all about how you focus. I guess I see the odd flash (usually from a baby of a blueness around them).

Synistersia people see colours with words and stuff.. it's pretty complex and to an extent pretty cool. It's basically the senses like hearing are visiually coloured.

Auras - if you get into them are "suppose" to have 7 layers which have different functions... however I doubt this is more than supposition....

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I used to get these moments of extreme euphoria, where I thought everything was beautiful and interconnected, Even when riding the subway!
    It ended up that what I was experiencing was brain damage from MS. It was a very nice and profound expirence though. It hasn't happened in about 6 years though, fortunately.

MBTI
    ENTP

nebb - thats sounds like a ncie experience that turned out bad... I'm glad you don't get them any more.

OK a how to see Auras link... never tried to really learn, but I know it can be be learned

Aura - Learn to see your Aura image with your own eyes

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I was in Big Foot country hiking and a rock (fell) next to me while climbing a cliff.

Heard some rustling in the trees when I turned to look where the rock came from. (bad Bigfoot?)

Lost my backpack and it reappeared somewhere else where I have no idea how it got there. (good Bigfoot?)

Maybe it was my friends just playing tricks on me but nobody ever fessed up.