User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    One time ESFJ sister's ankle freakishly dislocated and twisted her foot in a weird direction; my lab whimpered really loudly as if he was experiencing discomfort for her emotional pain to the point that my normally flipping out sister calmed down to ease his emotional pain at watching her. A really weird night.
    All it takes is simple observation, like your example. It doesn't take a whole essay to see that they do have emotions. If people don't have the ability to recognize this, I think there is something seriously wrong with them themselves.

This is an attempt to rationalize and over analyze something utterly simple.

Phantonym

This seems like a perfectly good thread to whip out a little video:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-admRGFVNM"]Rats Laugh When You Tickle Them[/YOUTUBE]

Enneagram
    4w5

"Do animals feel emotions?" - the ones on your dinner plate do.

Anway, cool quote: The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? And yes, they can.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    This seems like a perfectly good thread to whip out a little video:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-admRGFVNM"]Rats Laugh When You Tickle Them[/YOUTUBE]
    awsome video. point proven.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    What is emotion?

Ability to have suffering.
    I may get kicked out of the T club for this... Read a hippy book a while back that skirtted the issue of emotions. These are some of the concepts....

Emotions are etherial bodies that live around the physical body... like extend the body by about a foot all around.

This layer has a two way process... it' exchanges with the eithers and other people without physical contact... ie is part of the senses.... if you walk into a room and sit near to someone who is depressed, it lowers your mood - the etherial selves interact without dialogue between the two people (or animals). The ethrial give us a sense of people invading our body spaces, or of physical presences near by us... kind of like parking sensors in a car.

The word emotions include how we feel to physical but also emotional states... Physcial pan is a very different experience to emotional pain... the former has no memory, the latter has a huge memory (berevment pain can last several years and sometimes never heals).

People with good emotional health (the etherial) ommit possitive information into their environement, people in poor emotional state, ommit their bad vibes but also absorbe anything lighter in order for them to attempt to get balance. The good energy can be absorbed from plants or animals, but also from colours and light etc....

The collective consiousness is achieved through emotional ehters of a large number of people vibing to what ever is the latest collective. Ie swine flu, one person gets anxious about it, which causes their family and friends to pick up that anxiety, which causes their friends etc etc - so you end up with wide spread anxiety.

so back to the OP yes I do think that animals have emotions and there is exchange between every living thing (inc plants) with each other at an emotional level.... but then we don't understand emotions very well so it may be extremly subtle.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I may get kicked out of the T club for this... Read a hippy book a while back that skirtted the issue of emotions. These are some of the concepts....

Emotions are etherial bodies that live around the physical body... like extend the body by about a foot all around.

This layer has a two way process... it' exchanges with the eithers and other people without physical contact... ie is part of the senses.... if you walk into a room and sit near to someone who is depressed, it lowers your mood - the etherial selves interact without dialogue between the two people (or animals). The ethrial give us a sense of people invading our body spaces, or of physical presences near by us... kind of like parking sensors in a car.

The word emotions include how we feel to physical but also emotional states... Physcial pan is a very different experience to emotional pain... the former has no memory, the latter has a huge memory (berevment pain can last several years and sometimes never heals).

People with good emotional health (the etherial) ommit possitive information into their environement, people in poor emotional state, ommit their bad vibes but also absorbe anything lighter in order for them to attempt to get balance. The good energy can be absorbed from plants or animals, but also from colours and light etc....

The collective consiousness is achieved through emotional ehters of a large number of people vibing to what ever is the latest collective. Ie swine flu, one person gets anxious about it, which causes their family and friends to pick up that anxiety, which causes their friends etc etc - so you end up with wide spread anxiety.

so back to the OP yes I do think that animals have emotions and there is exchange between every living thing (inc plants) with each other at an emotional level.... but then we don't understand emotions very well so it may be extremly subtle.
    That definition is flawed, not yours but the one that says emotion - ability to suffer. emotion is ability to be happy or sad simple.

The ether you speak of is absolutely true and has been proven scientifically as well, however it has been suppressed from the mainstream. Wilhelm Reich proved it through scientific research and Einstein even confirmed it...eventually, I think he tried to deny it at first. Reich referred to it as Orgone though, but it is the same thing many different names for it, chi, ki, orgone, tachion, ect. I think I read there's about 74 different names in all the different cultures in the world.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPV-JExUPns"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPV-JExUPns"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH9vAIdMqng"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH9vAIdMqng"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTP

INTJ - will watch your video

Wow someone who doesn't think I'm bonkers....

I didn't mean emotions = suffering, it's just to understand that pain can be physcial OR emotional... yes of course, emotions cover happiness, joy, contentment etc etc... the range is pretty bottomless...

Ok watching your Utube

MBTI
    ENTP

INTj - coool video links, thank you.

Interesting that the ether Reich talks about is blue... If I go totally hippy chick on you, people who see aura's around people talk of different colour spectrum - baby's are typically very bright blue however adults in various states of emotional scaring etc can be a variety of colours.

Healing can happen when around plants and animals who omit the ethers that these adults are lacking (like a scurvey sufferer craving Vit C).... Peoples whos ethers are off balance can absorbe so much energy from their environeemtn they can kill plants (even if the said plant has been watered etc)...

Shame they supressed this stuff, it has intersting application on treatment of ill health...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

The scientific community thought for years that they didn't. Anthropomorphism was considered done only by laymen who didn't know any better. These days, it is a hot subject in the behavioralist community. Though anthropomorphism is still shunned, it is believed that animals probably do experience emotions, but it isn't sure as to how they experience it. If you see how different it is already for the 16 MBTI types, I'm sure it's even more of a gap with animals. Since we cannot ask, it's hard to gauge how strong they feel something and especially, how they experience it.

I know that for instance, mere pain, which is one of the most basic experiences for most organisms, gives a bucketload of emotions for humans (sadness, frustration, aggression, self-pity, etc etc). Those apparently come from our frontal lobes. However, a cat has underdeveloped frontal lobes in comparison to us. It is therefore hypothesized that emotions such as self-pity (complex emotions) are non-existant in a cat, though the animal most likely does experience a range of other emotions.

And then there's the task of figuring out the emotional state of every species, and then, every individual, as with humans. Not an easy task. It seems that elephants come close to the emotional depth humans can experience, though that too is still a theory. They have a tight community, and need that emotional stability to grow up into healthy adults. I remember seeing a documentary about baby elephants being seperated from their elders, because they were being moved to a sanctuary. Unfortunatley they didn't have the technology to move the parents with. Years later, those elephant babies were causing trouble, killing rhino's. Basically, a bunch of teenagers running amok. They then were able to introduce older animals and they immediately calmed down, as they no longer had the stress to 'run' the herd. They had once more older animals to guide them.

Also, some elephant babies who say their mothers killed by humans, become human killers later on, because of the trauma they experienced.

It is really a fascinating topic, one I hope to follow in the scientific community in the years to come.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    INTj - coool video links, thank you.

Interesting that the ether Reich talks about is blue... If I go totally hippy chick on you, people who see aura's around people talk of different colour spectrum - baby's are typically very bright blue however adults in various states of emotional scaring etc can be a variety of colours.

Healing can happen when around plants and animals who omit the ethers that these adults are lacking (like a scurvey sufferer craving Vit C).... Peoples whos ethers are off balance can absorbe so much energy from their environeemtn they can kill plants (even if the said plant has been watered etc)...

Shame they supressed this stuff, it has intersting application on treatment of ill health...
    Yes is does have so much potential, don't worry about going hippy, I like hippies and I'm partly one myself, or just very open minded. Auras I believe are real, I just don't have experience in seeing them(well you can see it on that astronaut though), except for Kirlian photography. That would make sense though that babies are pure and blue and adults can carry negative energies and stress causing their aura to change, some say they see black on really negative people.