User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    infp

I am seriously hungover, so maybe I'm reading a few posts the wrong, but I hope no one here actually thought I was posting this article because I in anyway thought it was a super duper good arguement to use to debunk atheists lol because I wasn't. I was posting it to show it's stupidity.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I am seriously hungover, so maybe I'm reading a few posts the wrong, but I hope no one here actually thought I was posting this article because I in anyway thought it was a super duper good arguement to use to debunk atheists lol because I wasn't. I was posting it to show it's stupidity.
    I am seriously sober, so I hope no one thought I was debunking atheism. On the contrary, I see atheism as the segue between the Holy Book and the Voice of God.

Atheism is simply a caesura, a little rest, between literate theism and aural theism. We all need a little rest sometimes particularly when we are making such a big change between the printed word and the spoken word.

At the moment atheism is full of sound and fury to distract our attention from the operation that is being performed on us as we shed our literate skins and prick up our ears.

We are being skinned alive while our ears are being opened to the noosphere. So naturally we need the distraction of atheism as an anaesthetic for the pain of change completely out of our control.

But tomorrow, dear Berber, we shall wake up with a hangover to match your very own as we loose our minds and come to our senses.

For atheism is merely a hiatus, a segue, a caesura. It is nothing to be afraid of. Why, when I belly up to the philosophy bar, the barmaid inquires, "What'll you 'ave love?". And I reply, "I'll have a segue on ice", or if I am in the mood I might have a hiatus or even a caesura. And the barmaid gives me a knowing look, and says, "There's nothing like a bit of atheism, love, to help the theism go down".

- Too bloody right love.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    "If people base their identity on identifying with authority, freedom causes anxiety. They must then conceal the victim in themselves by resorting to violence against others."

-Arno Gruen

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    "If people base their identity on identifying with authority, freedom causes anxiety. They must then conceal the victim in themselves by resorting to violence against others."

-Arno Gruen
    INTJs like quotes

-Confucius (kong zi: Master Kong)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

I just find it amusing/disconcerting that people reason we live due to a rather fandango concept. We live, we die, there's no reason for it in my eyes. If there's eternity, then there's a chance for every possibility to manifest itself. So there's a really small chance life could come about, there's been a hell of a long time (never ending, eternal) for that to happen.

Endless time and non time for endless possibilities.

It all comes down to self preservation.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

People are talking a little bit about "social pressure" or some related idea. Would humankind ever exist while free of social pressure?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Crazies gonna be crazies. And yes, the baby eating is as hilarious as it is ridiculous.

Trannies are murderers.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    ^ I know you know that I'm steering away from the original argument. I just want to get to the roots of where personal ethos come from. Surely it wouldn't pop up in your mind from out of nowhere.
    how about rationality. if we do certain things, like simply opressing each other to get what we want, everything will turn into shit.
    order > chaos.

oh some of my 2c on religion: it doesn't matter if a god exists, we can have no idea if one does, but we invented one anyway. the god people believe in is invented. if there really is one, its a coincidence and besides, what has prayer, religion and ritual and morality and faith got to do with it? how is it affected? its presence is irrelevent. unless it acutally came down as said do as i say or suffer puny humans... why the hell would you worship a bully?
    i know that some people believe the warm feeling they have when they help people is god, but i dont know why they make this choice. they can lead charitable lives, i just don't understand why they have to tie it to God which really seems like a scientific universe-origion based idea to being with. why can't they say, 'i live for others' rather than 'i live for god'? god must be defined. perhaps rather than many or any definition, it has no definition. its seems the definition of god is up to the mental prowress of the definer. thats why these arguments will never stop. no one's logic is perfect. as soon as someone hears a smarter definition they jump onto the band wagon, well wtf were they believing in the begin with they couldn't even define it for themselves??!!!

i try to be as alturistic as i can but i dont think about god or being rewarded or punished. i just think about how ive made someones' shitty life easier . why do some people make it religious? why do they always have to tie good with god? why don't i tie good with god? anyhoo, that's generally the only god worshipping i can appreciate because it's the same as worshipping compassion. its like they've got all the right answers on the test via the wrong calcualtions. (no offense)
    are people who do good things while thinking of pleasing god are still being selfish like children?
    we should be like gandhi, jesus and buddha. they taught the same core thing, why is the human race so slow? a bit funny when you concider that we apparently worship these people and know their teachings off-by-heart. i guess we just want to feel good and still haven't learnt to give a shit about other people.

sorry, nvm. i dont have anything against people having a religion. i just personally can't stomach it. everyone must live and let live.

sorry again, im really tired. compassion, ftw. when i look at this later im probably going to do this

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^Personally I believe in God. I have thought about it and there is an endless logical loop about it. You stopped at one point in this loop forsaking the other side to which you made your conclusion. Anyways, because of this it comes down to other factors. I go into the spiritual aspect which in turn tells me there is a God.
    I don't wish to start an argument based on the whole thing because:

1. I know exactly the process in which you think about the whole idea
    2. We will get nowhere because you wouldn't comprehend what I say
    3. Every point you argue will already be known to me

Your explanation is based on shallow ideas that are based on shallow logic. I don't think you'd 'get it' if I tried to explain anything to you anyway.