User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I think graphic infomation should be mandated to be at abortion clinics (not to impose guilt on the pregnant, but because it's such a final and deep decision that they should know exactly what's happening before they commit) but I'm anti-forcing it on the random public. I like the partitioned walls thing--available to those who voluntarily choose to know.
    Actually, I disagree. Mandated to be available, yes, and possibly asked "Do you want to see what it will look like after the abortion?", but forcing it on someone going to have an abortion done goes against my morals, IMO. I don't want to see pictures of open heart surgery either. I understand it's a controversial topic, but that is not the place for it.

Also, mandating it to be in abortion clinics, is inappropriate, in light of the Supreme Court decision. It clearly states that (at least in early-term), abortion is 100% legal, no restrictions, nothing else prior to viability of the fetus. Therefore, there should not be any sorts of forced rules on it beyond what is on other medical procedures. (On this note as well: This wasn't some one time decision, there have been many further decisions affirming the right to abortion, and Plan B type drugs, the most recent one being the decision ordering the FDA to allow Plan B to be sold without a prescription.)
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Actually, I disagree. Mandated to be available, yes, and possibly asked "Do you want to see what it will look like after the abortion?", but forcing it on someone going to have an abortion done goes against my morals, IMO. I don't want to see pictures of open heart surgery either. I understand it's a controversial topic, but that is not the place for it.

Also, mandating it to be in abortion clinics, is inappropriate, in light of the Supreme Court decision. It clearly states that (at least in early-term), abortion is 100% legal, no restrictions, nothing else prior to viability of the fetus. Therefore, there should not be any sorts of forced rules on it beyond what is on other medical procedures. (On this note as well: This wasn't some one time decision, there have been many further decisions affirming the right to abortion, and Plan B type drugs, the most recent one being the decision ordering the FDA to allow Plan B to be sold without a prescription.)
    (A) Laws can be modified

and (B) not all of us are American.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Personally, I think the intentions of the people who came up with the display are tacky (then again, I'm pro-choice), but seeing it doesn't really have any effect on me on a visceral level (I've looked it up). I'm not sure why, but to me it's just an image representing a process. Basically, all it tells you is that an aborted fetus had the potential to become a baby, but didn't. I don't really see why seeing it visually affects people so much more than hearing it verbally. Maybe I'm just weird.

Women shouldn't have to have children against their will. Seriously, we have overpopulation and too few jobs as it is. Abortion is a good thing. People focus so much on an individual life that they often lose sight of the bigger picture of humanity as a whole.