• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Problems in life

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes you just want to close your eyes, but deep down you know that it doesnt fix anything.

This is not meant in a suicidal way. It is life though. When things get tough sometimes you just want to close you eyes and wish the problems away, but when you reopen them nothing is fixed.

How do you escape? How do you keep the problems at bay. Do you push forward or do you pull back?

If 2 people shoot for a common task that one can achieve, one person will always have the ability to close there eyes and when they reopen it things are fixed, problems are solved. But once both peoples eyes are open things advance at twice the speed. You see what you can accomplish, you expand your dreams and goals. Then one person needs to close there eyes and it all crashes. It will always crash for its impossible to get past the need to close your eyes.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I didn't realize TPs were so philisophical. I don't understand a word of what you mean without a contextual story.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting, you normally just hear this sort of doom-mongering from depressed INTPs.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
the ISTPs i know are notorious worriers and perfectionists in their own right.
i really like them...sometimes i wish i could make 'em less glum when they turn in that direction.. they care a lot about things, but they dont readily talk about it the way NFs or NTs might (that may be why they're cooler than us!)..

Sometimes you just want to close your eyes, but deep down you know that it doesnt fix anything.

This is not meant in a suicidal way. It is life though. When things get tough sometimes you just want to close you eyes and wish the problems away, but when you reopen them nothing is fixed.

How do you escape? How do you keep the problems at bay. Do you push forward or do you pull back?

If 2 people shoot for a common task that one can achieve, one person will always have the ability to close there eyes and when they reopen it things are fixed, problems are solved. But once both peoples eyes are open things advance at twice the speed. You see what you can accomplish, you expand your dreams and goals. Then one person needs to close there eyes and it all crashes. It will always crash for its impossible to get past the need to close your eyes.

the only advice i can offer is to stay dedicated to those things that matter to you. keep on at it and fuck everybody else if they're not on board.
at times you will inevitably feel like you've fucked up, fumbled, stalled where you shouldve charged ahead, etc... but that won't be enough to keep you from getting back on the horse..you'll accomplish what you need to, at your own pace. you have vision and the necessary skills to make them happen. circumstance won't rob you of that, just of your self-assuredness...momentarily. in the meantime, relax have a good meal! really, it helps.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
“Repair” is a relative term; there’s no legitimate means to ever permanently fix anything. Psychological reality itself is a web of convincing half-truths, spun meticulously as to deal with things we can’t control. Everyone does this.

That said, develop your Fi. Successful emotional deconstruction is generally a consequence of a sharpened internal model of your value system.

And, don’t get discouraged. Honest self-examination can be time-consuming. Results aren’t always obvious, either. Sometimes life just has to happen before you can heal.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Confront the issue. Escaping or pulling back might help in the short-run, but it isn't going to make things better in the long run. Pushing forward going against what is the "problem" is may seem uneasy in the short-run, but will help tremendously in the long-run.

By the way.

Think about this:

If people are pissed off, sad, angry for no apparent (or with) reason, then you can also be happy, joyful, and bright for no apparent reason!

:)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
If people are pissed off, sad, angry for no apparent (or with) reason, then you can also be happy, joyful, and bright for no apparent reason!

This is the best life advice you'll ever get.

Be joyful.

Do whatever it takes.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Psychological reality itself is a web of convincing half-truths, spun meticulously as to deal with things we can’t control. Everyone does this.

No specific context or story, just things pop into my head along these lines.

There are truths in life. Their are ideals that are truths and you must bounce between them. The more you keep your eyes open the more truths you find, the more you must manage that bouncing within. When your tired of managing it, its nice to hand it off to someone else and let them manage the bouncing between right vs wrong, good vs bad. There are only half truths if you only allow yourself to see the half truths.

There is a flaw in MBTI, yet we continue to use it even though we know there is a flaw. The flaw is that we use use half truths to create it. These half truths propogate and these half truths become a theory. People argue that you cant ever prove the theory, but dont realize that it will never be proven because its flawed by half truths, not that it is based on people. If we use half truths to create the theory then use half truths to spread the theory these same half truths will appear when we test the consitency of the theory.

Why is it flawed by half truths. I will give one example. Ne is about relating, yet we allow an inferior Ne supported by a tertiary Fi to relate themselves to a description. Tertiary functions are flawed because we use our dominant function to play with it. We then have someone use a flawed feeling to drive Ne which is inferior because of the flawed tertiary to decide what they relate to. Would you trust an amateur in a professional sport? not picking on ISTJ, but I kinda am because its the most logical in this case.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP

You can't escape, you push forward because there is no other way. If you want to escape then take some drugs.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You can't escape, you push forward because there is no other way. If you want to escape then take some drugs.

But when you push forward do you close your eyes? If you dont always get to the root of a problem you are essentially closing your eyes. When do you know you are at the root and you didnt miss something? Or you didnt miss something right in front of your eyes that you are positive you know?

One of the things with my son is he likes to say "I know". "I know mommy is in here", my response, "do you see her". Then how do you know? What put the thought in your head, what caused that feeling, or is it just something you need or want to be true. How can you ever really be positive of anything? Find what cant be argued against, because that is closer to the truth than argueing your side of the story. "Do you see mommy?", "No", then you have 2 options, open your eyes further or close them and look elsewhere. By looking else where you close off a portion of the truth you may have missed. In something as simple as a room you can look everywhere, but thats just because its a big object in a little room.

I dont always post looking for answers, ISTPs are very dynamic people, we will follow where ever you take us. Everyone has heard the word serendipity. You seem to find things when you are not looking for them. So why look for an answer, if all you can see is half truths, is it not better to follow others to hope they provide the second half? Anything else is closing your eyes to what you see and know.

For those that question the ISTPness of this, ISTPs have Ni as there tertiary function. This causes us to question what we figure out, all we can do is live in the moment. For what happens is truth whether we understand it or not. If someone decieves you truth was staring you in the face, you just closed your eyes and jumped to early. Once you realized you were decieved you know the truth, learn from it and move on, hind sight is 20/20, but only if you open your eyes to it.