MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Start your own fellowship.
    This town is crawling with little crackpot churches. I'm not sure another one is needed.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I'm an INFP with well-developed Ni, that's all. If you could see how crazily Ne I am, how disorganized and irresponsible I used to be, and how difficult it can be for me to make decisions outside the lofty realms of the head, you would change your mind. Don't forget, either, that we're all actors. We put on one mask only to don a different one. Perhaps I'm an INFJ on Typologycentral, an ISTP when I feed the cat, and an ENTJ while I take a nap. These things aren't set in stone, you know. But this is a digression, so you should probably visit my message wall if you have anything to add to that.
    Fair enough, but the disorganized/irresponsible nature and other things you listed are also typical of extremely introverted INFJs. Anyone who has trouble with the Judging function can show those kinds of behaviors.

What exactly is it that you think makes you P? Js can quite easily be crazy and/or irresponsible, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Can you put forth this evidence? What about non-physical consciousness?
    Again, I have no interest in debating such abstract interpretations of God. You can declare anything to be God or find God anywhere you want if you try hard enough, but I'm not referring to these vague metaphorical unifying force theories of God when I attempt to debunk theism.

I'm arguing against literal interpretations of religion involving a God who consciously watches and manipulates worldly events based on requests from followers, has a moral agenda and judges people's moral character for the afterlife.

If your interpretation of God involves pantheism or panentheism or some other non-physical consciousness/vague definition that can't really be pinned down enough to even be analyzed meaningfully, then fine. I have no interest in discussing this sort of theory.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post

"The only thing that we know is that we know nothing, and that is the highest flight of human wisdom."
    - Tolstoy
    Awesome quote.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    ROFL!

That first link is hilarious.

And add me to the list of agnostic NFs.
    ENFP: "Ecclectic paganism." No one expects you to have an attention span, so just go with the "smoking weed and buying magic crystals" option.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    Are NT's usually atheist?
    Are NF's usually theists?
    Are there any NT's who believe in god?
    Are there any NF's who don't believe in god?
    I have zero spirituality. Nil. Nada.
    I'm a Christian, but I was atheist or agnostic for a larger part of my life.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ Your cool

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I'm a Christian, but I was atheist or agnostic for a larger part of my life.
    What happened? I'm curious because currently I am experiencing somewhat of an existential crisis. Toying with nihilism is leaving me in ruins and I am questioning revisiting spirituality.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

i have never really believed in God. i was raised episcopalian and my mother taught sunday school, and is pretty religious. i was an acolyte for most of my junior and senior years of high school. i used to listen to the Gospel and i liked the good feeling it gave me about helping your fellow man, and i liked the pretty church and rituals of it all; the mass and kneeling, the prayers i knew by heart, the candles and smells. it wasn't just that the bible stories didn't jive with me (why would God have abraham slay an innocent sheep? as an animal lover, this just made me mad), but i just could never internalize the idea that God existed; that there was an omnicient, omnibenevolent, and omnipotent Being overlooking everything, like some Divine ENTJ (haha). and when i was 19 i was finally brave enough to say what i had been feeling for a long time, and i still remember vividly saying it: "I am an atheist."

as time has gone by, i do attribute some Divinity to fate or fateful happenings. like, if a text doesn't go through, i think maybe i wasn't supposed to send that text. or--a heavier deal--if i get pregnant accidentally, maybe 'the universe' has ideas for my life that i can't really fathom. i don't think of 'the universe' as God, but something in me does believe, i suppose, that fate can have a benevolent component (my nf flowery thinking taking root?).........which is wacky and really makes no sense whatsoever, which is why i really don't like to think about it too hard.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Sniffles

I'm a devout Catholic(well I try to be), although for several years I was an atheist.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ I am dying to hear the story of your conversion, and as I've said before, I'll even promise to make no response if you like. I'm just deathly curious now.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?