User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I do if they involve the blanket assertion that they deny reality, especially with no explanation.
    When our beliefs are questioned, we are stung, and we can respond with violence, or we can respond with insults. You have responded with insults by calling me ignorant and bigoted.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    When our beliefs are questioned, we are stung, and we can respond with violence, or we can respond with insults. You have responded with insults by calling me ignorant and bigoted.
    I think you're projecting. You didn't "question" my beliefs, you made the blanket statement that people of my persuasion deny reality. That's hardly a legitimate intellectual critique. It's equivalent to just saying "you're delusional." Which is an insult. Whereas, instead of making a claim about you, like you are out of touch with reality, I categorized your claim as bigoted. I don't have a problem with people raising legitimate objections to my opinions. I do feel insulted when you label a whole spiritual group of which I am a part as being out of touch with reality. And I didn't call you ignorant, I asked you whether you had studied the matter. If you haven't, meaning if you haven't studied Wicca or paganism or the beliefs of the Celts, then you may not be generally ignorant, but you lack enough information about the issue to have a valid opinion (much less make a judgment).

Personal Insults and Banning

I think you're projecting. You didn't "question" my beliefs, you made the blanket statement that people of my persuasion deny reality. That's hardly a legitimate intellectual critique. It's equivalent to just saying "you're delusional." Which is an insult. Whereas, instead of making a claim about you, like you are out of touch with reality, I categorized your claim as bigoted. I don't have a problem with people raising legitimate objections to my opinions. I do feel insulted when you label a whole spiritual group of which I am a part as being out of touch with reality. And I didn't call you ignorant, I asked you whether you had studied the matter. If you haven't, meaning if you haven't studied Wicca or paganism or the beliefs of the Celts, then you may not be generally ignorant, but you lack enough information about the issue to have a valid opinion (much less make a judgment).
    The facts of life on Typology Central are that we are allowed to criticise beliefs or persuasions, and in particular we are allowed to criticise Wicca and Paganism. However we are not allowed to insult individuals. We are not allowed to make personal insults.

You have insulted me personally and continue to insult me personally and seem to think it is allowed here. Well, personal insults are not allowed on Typology Central and may lead to banning.

MBTI
    INFJ

The facts of life on Typology Central are that we are allowed to criticise beliefs or persuasions, and in particular we are allowed to criticise Wicca and Paganism. However we are not allowed to insult individuals. We are not allowed to make personal insults.

You have insulted me personally and continue to insult me personally and seem to think it is allowed here. Well, personal insults are not allowed on Typology Central and may lead to banning.
    Group/belief critique should be done mindfully, otherwise it circumvents the personal insult rule. You have to remember that groups are made of individuals so it's no problem to do broad shot insults to the group when you actually have particular targets in mind, and then go run behind the "we're allowed to criticize beliefs" rule.

It's better to explain yourself and/or apologize than result to rules lawyering.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Saying you have a bigoted opinion is not the same as saying you are a bigoted person. Saying you are uninformed is not saying you are ignorant. You were the one who insulted me. Just think a little. I stand by everything I said. If they ban me for it, they're being as unreasonable as you are. Regardless of whether your opinion can be judged as bigoted, it's uninformed and insulting. You "criticized" my opinion and I "criticized" yours. Deal with it.

I find it interesting that several people on here have found it acceptable to call me irrational and illogical, but criticizing someone's opinion by insinuating bigotry is unacceptable. Maybe I should start reporting some posts.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I find it interesting that several people on here have found it acceptable to call me irrational and illogical, but criticizing someone's opinion by insinuating bigotry is unacceptable. Maybe I should start reporting some posts.
    Taddle taling is for SJs. Bad NF! Are you going to report me now too?

All I can do is reiterate that it is acceptable to here to criticise institutions, beliefs and persuasions but it is not acceptable to make personal insults.

It is always sad to see someone banned for making personal insults but sometimes it is necessary.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I find it interesting that several people on here have found it acceptable to call me irrational and illogical, but criticizing someone's opinion by insinuating bigotry is unacceptable.
    Almost all criticism is unacceptable to the target, at least initially.

You have made some irrational / illogical statements in the past. And the criticism you received has helped you to understand, for example, that you are not NT and were deluded to believe you were. Perhaps, in time, you will find the same thing to be true of some of your other beliefs?
    Always best to look at criticism in a constructive light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Taddle taling is for SJs. Bad NF! Are you going to report me now too?
    No, I don't really care enough to get my panties in a wad. Just wondering what's commonly regarded as unacceptable. And pointing out hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Almost all criticism is unacceptable to the target, at least initially.
    Only to immature people who can't handle it, or to people who can't distinguish between what is legitimate and what is harassment.

You have made some irrational / illogical statements in the past.
    Subjective. I welcome correction of factual errors, but value assessments and holistic assessments of my mind tend to be less welcome. And which I tend to not give to others.

And the criticism you received has helped you to understand, for example, that you are not NT and were deluded to believe you were.
    And I'm SO much happier now...

Actually I do like being able to see myself in INFJ, but the path to get there was really more trouble than it was worth in a lot of ways. People could have just given me information and left the assumptions and judgments out of it, and dispensed with the arguing. And I haven't entirely made up my mind.

Perhaps, in time, you will find the same thing to be true of some of your other beliefs?
    Always best to look at criticism in a constructive light.
    I'm sure I'll know what's true sooner or later.

Since you value criticism so much, how do you feel about receiving it? In my experience you haven't liked it too much.

Here's some. For someone who claims to not believe typology has validity, you certainly seem to put a lot of importance in it in evaluating other people. It's rather inconsistent.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

And the Romantic Movement is a denial of reality based on evidence and reason. Just as being a 'Celtic Wiccan' is a denial of reality today.
    In what way does Celtic Wiccan belief deny reality? Exactly what aspects of reality do you think it denies?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...