• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI type and belief in god

Mole

Permabanned
The Sleep of Reason

Belief in God puts us into a trance where our critical minds go to sleep for a while and we feel good.

High intelligence is characterised by emotional restraint, so the highly intelligent are able to be guided by their reason rather than by their emotion.

The opposite is also true that those with a lower intelligence are guided more by their emotion rather than their reason.

Emotion of course is very important but only when guided by reason, for the sleep of reason brings forth monsters. - Goya 1799. Click on https://www.khanacademy.org/humanit.../a/goya-the-sleep-of-reason-produces-monsters

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I believe it has much more to do with nurture than nature (so being raised into a religion than with MBTI type), but these correlations would probably be more attached to Si because of "preserving traditions" and whatnot.

Personally, I myself am not religious. I do believe that the reason I am not is because my mom, who is a Christian (ENFP if anyone cares) actually was too lazy to take me to church regularly so I never really was absorbed in it enough and therefore questioned it more and decided I don't believe in it. Same with my INTP sister.

I know five ISTJs, and only one of them is religious.

All of the other ISFJs I know are strongly religious.