First 14222324252634 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    "Distilled Christianity"
    Well, in a sense, that could even mean atheism or whatever. You don't need to be a christian to know not everything in the bible is utterly nonesense and there's plenty of things in there everyone can learn from.

So I put forward the motion that distilled christianity is not christianity at all.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    This is a bit random and no doubt already mentioned, but it seems to fit here.

Theoretically, we should see something like this...
    Most NT's are atheists.
    Most NF's are spiritualists.
    Most SJ's are religious.
    Most SP's are indifferent.

But of course I'm not saying this is actually so...

It would be interesting to see a study on this.
    Why would that be the case? That is just stereotyping.

"The latest statistics show that a lack of religious identity increased in every US state between 1990 and 2008.[45] However less than 2% of the U.S. population describes itself as atheist."(Chart> http://religions.pewforum.org/reports)

http://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/...requencies.htm Chart there tells us NTs are anywhere from 9-19% of the population.

"Most NT's are atheists."

^Naw Mane.
    Last edited by TheStarchDefenders; 11-04-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Edit for data
    Dirt Farmer

@DisneyGeek What do you mean by indifferent?
    @TheStarchDefenders It is. There are SFJs who are against religion, as in "god doesn't care about us, so he can't exist" or something like that. Sometimes, though, I get the vibe that they just want to make themselves believe that... STJs, on the other hand, I don't see why they would be religious, unless their parents taught them to be. And even then, not every STJ would be religious.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Well, in a sense, that could even mean atheism or whatever. You don't need to be a christian to know not everything in the bible is utterly nonesense and there's plenty of things in there everyone can learn from.

So I put forward the motion that distilled christianity is not christianity at all.
    haha, no it is, as in I believe in the basic tenements of the Christian faith. I just tend to focus on the basics and don't care much for the details that don't really matter.

haha, no it is, as in I believe in the basic tenements of the Christian faith. I just tend to focus on the basics and don't care much for the details that don't really matter.
    Sounds like a good chunk of christians these days.
    Dirt Farmer

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Why would that be the case? That is just stereotyping.
    That was the point, actually. The whole thread is about "MBTI and belief in god." I would suspect that if there was any pattern at all, it would be something like that. It's very doubtful that there is such a pattern, though.

"The latest statistics show that a lack of religious identity increased in every US state between 1990 and 2008.[45] However less than 2% of the U.S. population describes itself as atheist."(Chart> http://religions.pewforum.org/reports)

http://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/...requencies.htm Chart there tells us NTs are anywhere from 9-19% of the population.

"Most NT's are atheists."

^Naw Mane.
    Sorry, I seem to have said it backwards. Here is what I meant:

Atheists tend to be NT.
    Spiritualists tend to be NF.
    Religious people tend to be SJ.
    Indifferent people tend to be SP.

Aesthetically, I like the way it looks written the other way, so I left it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    DisneyGeek What do you mean by indifferent?
    It doesn't affect them or they don't care either way.

Could you be a deist then? I was a deist for a while, but I didn't realize it because I didn't know what deism was. In a nutshell, it means that you believe a supreme being created the world, but that he doesn't affect our daily lives.

Anew Leaf

That was the point, actually. The whole thread is about "MBTI and belief in god." I would suspect that if there was any pattern at all, it would be something like that. It's very doubtful that there is such a pattern, though.

Sorry, I seem to have said it backwards. Here is what I meant:

Atheists tend to be NT.
    Spiritualists tend to be NF.
    Religious people tend to be SJ.
    Indifferent people tend to be SP.

Aesthetically, I like the way it looks written the other way, so I left it. :/

It doesn't affect them or they don't care either way.

Could you be a deist then? I was a deist for a while, but I didn't realize it because I didn't know what deism was. In a nutshell, it means that you believe a supreme being created the world, but that he doesn't affect our daily lives.
    No, I am not a deist. When I say I believe in the basics of Christianity I mean this: I believe there is a triune God who cares about me and everything else that they have created, and that the main purpose of everything is to love and be loving. And......... that's about it. Trying to love people is hard enough to even begin to understand, much alone "master". I see no reason to distract myself with much beyond as so much of it falls under the heading of love.

I am far from perfect and I fail at this a lot. I just try.

your resident asshole

No, I am not a deist. When I say I believe in the basics of Christianity I mean this: I believe there is a triune God who cares about me and everything else that they have created, and that the main purpose of everything is to love and be loving. And......... that's about it. Trying to love people is hard enough to even begin to understand, much alone "master". I see no reason to distract myself with much beyond as so much of it falls under the heading of love.

I am far from perfect and I fail at this a lot. I just try.
    The thing is...this isn't Christianity. There are a lot of people who feel the same way and say that they are Christians, but they aren't. I'm not saying you belief is wrong, rather I'm saying that your label for your belief appears to be wrong. Just believing in a god does not make you a Christian.

Anew Leaf

The thing is...this isn't Christianity. There are a lot of people who feel the same way and say that they are Christians, but they aren't. I'm not saying you belief is wrong, rather I'm saying that your label for your belief appears to be wrong. Just believing in a god does not make you a Christian.
    Ok, I will get more specific since apparently I have to. In the triune God scenario I believe in God the father, Jesus the Son, as the holy spirit.

Satisfied?

your resident asshole

Ok, I will get more specific since apparently I have to. In the triune God scenario I believe in God the father, Jesus the Son, as the holy spirit.

Satisfied?
    Haha yes. The bolded part is cruicial.