failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    And just for the record, why can't God be a She? I invite everyone to try replacing "He" with "She" when you talk about God, and see where things go. It's an interesting experiment. People say there's no reason it's a male gendered being and not a female gendered being, and they say the Ultimate It doesn't have a gender- but those same people refer to It as a He all the time, and saying She might expose some hidden assumptions. Like say She created the earth, She created us, She is all powerful and benevolent, etc. The obvious implication which comes up is that if Goddess is the Creator, She is our mother, and gave birth to us- rather than some impersonal Father creating us like a clay pot. Which makes vaginas holy.

Just try it and see what happens.

Because there is something superior about males and everyone knows it and has always known it since the beginning of time. Not only is God better understand with male energy, but he made Adam first, and then made Eve for Adam. This means male is superior to female, though of course it takes both to have life and do be in balance.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    If simply not using gender neutral pronouns when referring to divinities is this offensive to you, I'd consider growing thicker skin. There is no need to continue carrying on about something so trivial.
    I'm not carrying on, I said what I meant to say. And I don't think it's trivial. I'm just bringing it up as a topic of discussion, because it's a common practice which most people don't think about. It's not a question of how thin my skin is. It's a relatively trivial symptom of a problem which is significant, which is that this country is still biased towards Christianity (with a patriarchal slant) and still subtly suppresses other religious views. I know you're going to say that most people here are Christian, but we should either promote a religiously neutral environment or be inclusive of all religions. In my opinion. I'm not bothered by our discussion. Are you?
    Do you get irritated when people use words such as "mankind" as well?
    Yes I do.
    This is an extremely poor excuse for logic. I sincerely hope that you meant to write something else.
    I didn't. And I don't think believing that Divinity should be represented by both genders instead of just one is illogical at all. Anyway, I wasn't focusing on logical reasoning, I was focusing on principles conducive to social harmony. I have a lot of logical reasoning regarding spirituality and religion. I hope you're not assuming it's not there.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Because there is something superior about males and everyone knows it and has always known it since the beginning of time. Not only is God better understand with male energy, but he made Adam first, and then made Eve for Adam. This means male is superior to female, though of course it takes both to have life and do be in balance.
    Um no, most people wouldn't agree with this. And it's circular reasoning; you're justifying a Christian belief with Christian text. And it's absolutely false that people have believed males were superior since the beginning of time. Goddess worship and celebration of the feminine divine was prevalent in many pre-Christian pagan and native cultures. In fact, some people would argue that the opposite is true- that the vast majority of ancient cultures were more oriented toward the feminine divine and matriarchy.

Sniffles

No sacred feminine in Christianity?

So being proclaimed the Most Blessed Mother of God and the Queen of Heaven doesn't count?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Um no, most people wouldn't agree with this. And it's circular reasoning; you're justifying a Christian belief with Christian text. And it's absolutely false that people have believed males were superior since the beginning of time. Goddess worship and celebration of the feminine divine was prevalent in many pre-Christian pagan and native cultures.
    My main belief that man is superior to woman is not biblical. I have always known that, even when I was an atheist.

And while there may have been some pagan beliefs worshiping women and other sects worshiping women over men, I'd wager that those were overall a small fraction of the number that saw males as superior to females historically. That sounds like a typical thing that modern pagans say to rationalize their feminist ideals.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Um no, most people wouldn't agree with this. And it's circular reasoning; you're justifying a Christian belief with Christian text. And it's absolutely false that people have believed males were superior since the beginning of time. Goddess worship and celebration of the feminine divine was prevalent in many pre-Christian pagan and native cultures.
    My main belief that man is superior to woman is not biblical. I have always known that, even when I was an atheist.

And while there may have been some pagan beliefs worshiping women and other sects worshiping women over men, I'd wager that those were overall a small fraction of the number that saw males as superior to females historically. That sounds like a typical thing that modern pagans say to rationalize their feminist ideals.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Seek the truth, for the truth shall set you free. One can only find the truth if they seek understanding. Yet to seek understanding, one must first believe. One must believe in order they may understand. It is the liberation of the Intellect.
    There is considerable truth in this. For first we believe and second we test our particular belief with evidence and reason.

For instance, first we believed the Sun went round the Earth, then we tested this particular belief with evidence and reason and found to our surprise, that this particular belief was not only wrong, but the very opposite was true, and the Earth went round the Sun.

And indeed the official teaching of the Catholic Church is now Faith and Reason. So credit where credit is due.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    That sounds like a typical thing that modern pagans say to rationalize their feminist ideals.
    Most historians seriously dispute that such matriarchies ever existed. The most famous proponent of this theory was Marija Gimbutas, and she was acknowledged as knowledgeable in the field, her interpretations of the evidence was severely criticized.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Most historians seriously dispute that such matriarchies ever existed. The most famous proponent of this theory was Marija Gimbutas, and she was acknowledged as knowledgeable in the field, her interpretations of the evidence was severely criticized.
    Yeah.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And indeed the official teaching of the Catholic Church is now Faith and Reason. So credit where credit is due.
    So be not afraid, and take the leap. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.