User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 386

  1. #121
    Senior Member Kristiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    326

    Default

    NT and Christian I am friends with quite a few fellow NT Christians as well!
    j'adore les chats

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    444

    Default

    I read this whole thread. I find the God debate fascinating, and of utmost importance for all humans to face. I have EDIT: tentatively taken my place as an Existentialist Catholic Christian (I kind of made that up). I have many things to figure out before I start claiming anything with some amount of certainty. This has been an arduous and painful experience.

    Thoughts on other types... (all in my experience, of course)

    ENFP... tends to like vague spiritual things...like the New Age movement. Enclined towards theism or unifying force.

    ENFJ... I do not know any too well, but the one I know relatively well is a practicing Jew...reformed I think. They seem to like a structured religious belief. Inclined towards theism.

    ENTJ... the one I know is surprisingly spiritual...into New Age, but in a very analytical fashion. Inclined towards theism or unifying force.

    ENTP... another one that subscribes to vague spiritual beliefs in the vein of ENFPS. It seems to me a kind of belief in the one-ness of everything without taking it too much further. Inclined towards theism or unifying force. Also, a fairly significant amount of agnostics/atheists.

    INTP... least spiritually inclined of the bunch. INTPs remind me of sensors in a way with their often exclusive use of hard logic to determine the truth of everything. They don't seem to care about things outside the realms of the concrete or empirically provable. However, I have seen INTPs around different forums who contradict this. Inclined towards agnosticism and atheism.

    INTJs... an interesting bunch, I've known one who is Protestant, another who is hopefully spiritual, and a few atheists. A mixed bag really, I can't honestly say what they are inclined to believe.

    INFPs... like INTPs though way, way, way, more upset about the implications of materialism/atheism. The often cannot accept anything other than what they deem objective truth. Deep down they yearn for a perfect system (or something) to derive meaning from. I believe this is why they can appear so broken. They are a soulful bunch, but let their perfectionist streak get in the way. Inclined towards agnosticism and atheism.


    INFJs... all I know are spiritual in various religions or belief systems...most take this quite seriously. They are usually extremely interested in studying their beliefs thoroughly, and like a structure to their beliefs. Inclined towards theism.


    ESTPs and ISTPs... don't really seem to think too much about it beyond some vague hopes. Inclined towards a unifying force.

    ESFJ... all the ones I know are quite religious, but in an external "I just believe and that's enough" sort of sense. They like religious structure, like a community church or something. Inclined towards theism.

    The rest I don't really know about...

    I hope I didn't sound condescending to anyone's beliefs...I was just trying to state them as I honestly perceived them.
    Last edited by Nyx; 11-13-2009 at 10:31 AM.

  3. #123
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    ENTP... another one that subscribes to vague spiritual beliefs in the vein of ENFPS. It seems to me a kind of belief in the one-ness of everything without taking it too much further. Inclined towards theism or unifying force. Also, a fairly significant amount of agnostics/atheists.
    Everything's connected; that much is apparent. The reason for this interconnectedness is much less significant than the fact itself.

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Everything's connected; that much is apparent. The reason for this interconnectedness is much less significant than the fact itself.
    That's certainty debatable. I honestly do not feel like getting in any religious debates at the moment because that seems to be all I am doing lately. Thanks for the comment, though.

  5. #125
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I have decidedly taken my place as an Existentialist Catholic Christian (I kind of made that up).
    You'd probably like Gabriel Marcel, a Catholic thinker who actually is given credit for first coining the term "Existentialism".

  6. #126
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    That's certainty debatable. I honestly do not feel like getting in any religious debates at the moment because that seems to be all I am doing lately. Thanks for the comment, though.
    No problem.

    I'm beginning to come to the determination that the differences between introverts and extraverts is much more than simply where one gathers energy

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    No problem.

    I'm beginning to come to the determination that the differences between introverts and extraverts is much more than simply where one gathers energy
    I sense from certain extroverts their possible thoughts of introverts being delusional.

  8. #128
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I sense from certain extroverts their possible thoughts of introverts being delusional.
    I'd say a greater sense of practicality on the part of the Es. Theory becomes frustrating when you can't do anything with it.

  9. #129
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Something separates us from monkeys (well...a lot of things). "Meaning" is a human construct. Why must there be an outside force behind it.”
    What is the point of science then? Why do we do it?

    Are we imposing something on the universe? Or, are we revealing?

    Thunder...oh my, are the gods angry at us? Oh... but now we know that…

    What does that tells us about the unknown? Or the origin of thunder?
    While your example of ancient perceptual error regarding cause and effect is cute, it fails to be relevant. How many scientific theories have been overturned by new discovery or understanding? Do the previous erring scientists deserve to be ridiculed and scorned for their ill-formed beliefs? Or, have we simply uncovered more of this ‘meaning' stuff that is (as you claim) just a ‘human construct’. Perhaps you can explain to me how that works...

    Let’s take a deeper look at meaning and the order of this universe.

    There is a hierarchical character to this universe which I find very striking. The higher principle of structure controls the lower principles of physics and chemistry. The laws of physics can be used by the application of engineering principles which control the boundary conditions left open by the laws of physics.

    More to the point, just look at the hierarchy contained in speaking and composing. The lowest level in speaking is voice production, sounds which are open to many uses. The next level is vocabulary and phonetics, restricting the use of the sounds but leaving open many forms of order for the next level - the rules of grammar and syntax. These restrict the use of vocabulary by making sentences while leaving the content open. The highest level in this hierarchy of content is meaning. Meaning exercises control over the construction of sentences and relations among them.

    The more intangible the matter in this hierarchy, the more meaningful it is. The content of our speech transcends grammar; grammar transcends vocabulary, and vocabulary transcends voice production. The meaning of the higher levels cannot be accounted for by the reductive analysis of the lower levels.

    The striking amounts of order in this ‘random’ universe, along with the first person experience of an indwelling immaterial consciousness that acts on a material body, are just a few of the things that lead me to believe in an ultimate intelligent first-cause (meaning) for it all. Reductionist materialism just can’t compare.

  10. #130
    Junior Member Contemptus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INtJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I'm a Christian. I had to spend a lot of time proving it to myself though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI Type and I.Q.
    By RansomedbyFire in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 1059
    Last Post: 08-20-2017, 08:04 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 01:28 PM
  3. Your MBTI type and your Socionics type
    By 527468 in forum Socionics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 04:03 PM
  4. MBTI type and Hypnotizability
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 02:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO