• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI type and belief in god

Nicodemus

Nitpicking is hardly making a valid point here. So the original Hebrew meant "young woman." And?
Nitpicking is what theology is all about. If Mary performed a virgin birth and the woman who would give birth to the 'sign' that 'the lord himself will give you' (Christ) is but a young woman, then the sole thing that connects Jesus to the prophecy is the name of the 'sign' - Immanuel, which is not the same as Jeshua/Jesus. So there is no connection. Gee, Jesus may not be Christ! But, of course, Mary would not have been conceived as a virginal character had there not been the initial error in translation. So it is likely that she 'was' not a virgin. So immaculate conception and virgin birth go down the toilet.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
This is pretty much where I sit. If they evolved over time what would make them gods? They are just farther along than we are. Just aliens....

What is a god if not a sufficiently advanced alien? What's the material difference? A god pretty much is an alien.

If the difference is that aliens aren't supernatural, then I must say that nothing is supernatural anyway. It's a meaningless relative concept.

MBTI Type
Mann
What is a god if not a sufficiently advanced alien? What's the material difference? A god pretty much is an alien.

If the difference is that aliens aren't supernatural, then I must say that nothing is supernatural anyway. It's a meaningless relative concept.

That is pretty much what I was thinking. I don't know that I could call anything god beyond a specific advanced alien that was benefactor of humanity, and even then it is just a name we call the alien.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
This is a bit random and no doubt already mentioned, but it seems to fit here.

Theoretically, we should see something like this...
Most NT's are atheists.
Most NF's are spiritualists.
Most SJ's are religious.
Most SP's are indifferent.

But of course I'm not saying this is actually so...

It would be interesting to see a study on this.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's plain you are not having us on, so you can only be having yourself on.

I don't know what you mean. You don't know me and you haven't met one of them, and I'm assuming you're not a Celtic Wiccan, so what's your point?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP E9, agnost/opinionless/indifferent/apathetic. Whatever label you want to put on me, it doesn't matter. Anything works for me really. :newwink:

A

Anew Leaf

INFP with high Ne (>.>) 4w5.... and I have spiritual beliefs for sure.

I would file my beliefs under "Distilled Christianity" after years of careful search and study. Works for me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Distilled Christianity"

Well, in a sense, that could even mean atheism or whatever. You don't need to be a christian to know not everything in the bible is utterly nonesense and there's plenty of things in there everyone can learn from.

So I put forward the motion that distilled christianity is not christianity at all. :newwink:

MBTI Type
Mann
This is a bit random and no doubt already mentioned, but it seems to fit here.

Theoretically, we should see something like this...
Most NT's are atheists.
Most NF's are spiritualists.
Most SJ's are religious.
Most SP's are indifferent.

But of course I'm not saying this is actually so...

It would be interesting to see a study on this.

Why would that be the case? That is just stereotyping.

"The latest statistics show that a lack of religious identity increased in every US state between 1990 and 2008.[45] However less than 2% of the U.S. population describes itself as atheist."(Chart> http://religions.pewforum.org/reports)

http://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/estimated-frequencies.htm Chart there tells us NTs are anywhere from 9-19% of the population.

"Most NT's are atheists."

^Naw Mane.

Last edited:
A

Anew Leaf

Well, in a sense, that could even mean atheism or whatever. You don't need to be a christian to know not everything in the bible is utterly nonesense and there's plenty of things in there everyone can learn from.

So I put forward the motion that distilled christianity is not christianity at all. :newwink:

haha, no it is, as in I believe in the basic tenements of the Christian faith. I just tend to focus on the basics and don't care much for the details that don't really matter. :)

/DG/

Why would that be the case? That is just stereotyping.
That was the point, actually. The whole thread is about "MBTI and belief in god." I would suspect that if there was any pattern at all, it would be something like that. It's very doubtful that there is such a pattern, though.

"The latest statistics show that a lack of religious identity increased in every US state between 1990 and 2008.[45] However less than 2% of the U.S. population describes itself as atheist."(Chart> http://religions.pewforum.org/reports)

http://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/estimated-frequencies.htm Chart there tells us NTs are anywhere from 9-19% of the population.

"Most NT's are atheists."

^Naw Mane.
Sorry, I seem to have said it backwards. Here is what I meant:

Atheists tend to be NT.
Spiritualists tend to be NF.
Religious people tend to be SJ.
Indifferent people tend to be SP.

Aesthetically, I like the way it looks written the other way, so I left it. :/

DisneyGeek What do you mean by indifferent?
It doesn't affect them or they don't care either way.

haha, no it is, as in I believe in the basic tenements of the Christian faith. I just tend to focus on the basics and don't care much for the details that don't really matter. :)
Could you be a deist then? I was a deist for a while, but I didn't realize it because I didn't know what deism was. In a nutshell, it means that you believe a supreme being created the world, but that he doesn't affect our daily lives.

A

Anew Leaf

That was the point, actually. The whole thread is about "MBTI and belief in god." I would suspect that if there was any pattern at all, it would be something like that. It's very doubtful that there is such a pattern, though.

Sorry, I seem to have said it backwards. Here is what I meant:

Atheists tend to be NT.
Spiritualists tend to be NF.
Religious people tend to be SJ.
Indifferent people tend to be SP.

Aesthetically, I like the way it looks written the other way, so I left it. :/

It doesn't affect them or they don't care either way.

Could you be a deist then? I was a deist for a while, but I didn't realize it because I didn't know what deism was. In a nutshell, it means that you believe a supreme being created the world, but that he doesn't affect our daily lives.

No, I am not a deist. When I say I believe in the basics of Christianity I mean this: I believe there is a triune God who cares about me and everything else that they have created, and that the main purpose of everything is to love and be loving. And......... that's about it. Trying to love people is hard enough to even begin to understand, much alone "master". I see no reason to distract myself with much beyond as so much of it falls under the heading of love.

I am far from perfect and I fail at this a lot. I just try.

/DG/

No, I am not a deist. When I say I believe in the basics of Christianity I mean this: I believe there is a triune God who cares about me and everything else that they have created, and that the main purpose of everything is to love and be loving. And......... that's about it. Trying to love people is hard enough to even begin to understand, much alone "master". I see no reason to distract myself with much beyond as so much of it falls under the heading of love.

I am far from perfect and I fail at this a lot. I just try.

The thing is...this isn't Christianity. There are a lot of people who feel the same way and say that they are Christians, but they aren't. I'm not saying you belief is wrong, rather I'm saying that your label for your belief appears to be wrong. Just believing in a god does not make you a Christian.

A

Anew Leaf

The thing is...this isn't Christianity. There are a lot of people who feel the same way and say that they are Christians, but they aren't. I'm not saying you belief is wrong, rather I'm saying that your label for your belief appears to be wrong. Just believing in a god does not make you a Christian.

Ok, I will get more specific since apparently I have to. In the triune God scenario I believe in God the father, Jesus the Son, as the holy spirit.

Satisfied?

/DG/

Ok, I will get more specific since apparently I have to. In the triune God scenario I believe in God the father, Jesus the Son, as the holy spirit.

Satisfied?

Haha yes. The bolded part is cruicial.