User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

INFP here. I'm an atheist, but I'm not happy about it.

I think different types will have different reasons for convincing themselves to believe or for not dwelling on certain questions. Extraverted types may like the social element of theistic (or non-theistic, but that's not the topic) religion, NF types may like the assurance that the universe is ultimately a fair place, Js may like the sense of structure and some level of predetermination and certainty or security that most god beliefs entail. (Oh look, those were the first things that came to mind and they just happened to total ENFJ, statistically the most commonly theistic type. ) There probably are correlations but there are reasons for believing or not believing in gods that have nothing to do with MB type, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    Are NT's usually atheist?
    Are NF's usually theists?
    Are there any NT's who believe in god?
    Are there any NF's who don't believe in god?
    I have zero spirituality. Nil. Nada.
    I'm not a theist and, as far as I know, I'm an NF. I'm a model agnostic and have been since middle school, before that, I didn't know what I was nor did I care.

I have all kinds of "oneness" with things and people, but I'm not spiritual either.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTj

Metaphysically speaking, there's no way to prove the validity of one religion over another. In that sense, my assertion that I am the true religion is as valid as the claims from Buddha, Jesus or The Federal Reserve. Prove me wrong.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Religion and Type - An MBTI Perspective Someone's humorous ponderings.
    ISTP: Select something hardcore, preferably where you get to smite the enemies of God. Extremist Fundamentalist Islam is currently a popular choice

That's very accurate, I've always feel fun to integrate Al-Qaida, like some others ESTP too, just because terrorism is fun. A few years ago, I was a borderline extremist fundamentalit muslim, and I know a few ISTPs who're like that.

ESTP: You are hellbound anyway, so don't bother. Just sleep in.

Very accurate too. I remember that I've had a short period of religious integrism when I was 16, and my ESTP best friend have tell to me "Speed, yesterday night I was fucking a chick, I was stand up and she had her face pressed against the ground, screaming "oh yeah, keep to fuck me, fuck me!", THAT is a man, Speed, a man who will go to the Hell, but a man though".

And it was the end of my religous period.

Actually, young males xSTPs muslims tend to appreciate especialy the virilious side of that religion. They want to have fun in the present moment (fun including sex, drug, alcohol, and even pig), but believe seriously they'll follow a more strict behavior growing older.

INTJ: Objectivism. Ayn Rand is your gal.

Definitively accurate, every hardcore objectivist I know are INTJ.

By the way, I'm an ISTP and yes, I believe in God.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Are NT's usually atheist?
    Are NF's usually theists?
    Are there any NT's who believe in god?
    Are there any NF's who don't believe in god?
    I know you didn't ask about SJs but...just in case you want to know:

I'm an ISTJ and I'm a Catholic.
    After all,
    you're my wonderwall...

{listen: }

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

ISFJ and Atheist.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm an INTP and a fairly dogmatic and militant atheist. There is absolutely no chance that God exists, because the existance of God is not just an improbability, it is an impossibility. Of course, you can't really be sure of anything, including God, just like you can't be sure that gravity isn't real and magical invisible elves aren't moving matter around, but for all intents and purposes, we assume that gravity exists because the burden of proof should lie on the negative. God is a negative, because it's less likely that God exists than that he does, so it's logical to assume that he does not exist period.

Note that when I talk about God I talk about the generic old white man sitting in the sky hurling thunder at people who masturbate, the possiblity of the deistic God very much exists, but it still more likely that there is no God, only man and nature. I'm very impatient with the average church goer. I'm much more open to arguments for a deistic God than vapid, generic, stories of how "He" has a plan for all of us and all that nonsense, so the reason I'm a militant and dogmatic atheist is I believe religion, organized religion in particular, has done a great deal of harm to the human race and should be ended.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

i like John D. Caputo's "The Weakness of God".

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

For me, my religious beliefs have to be tied to philosophy and "meaning" of life; they are an exploration in those areas. There's not really distinction between religion, spirituality, and philosophy to me.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTx

SJ - Agnostic