User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Default Becoming more self aware, losing my mind..

I read this and became aware of my awareness, I saw my thoughts from my awareness, and tried to "be in the moment". It was completely trippy and profound. I temporarily saw myself, my "other self" and I'm scared to say it but it was what looked like me in a curled up position all alone in an unknown space or time, I don't know why but that is what I had a glimpse of. I am losing my mind.

http://selfobserve.com/How_to_Lose_Y...er_an_Hour.pdf

MBTI
    INTP

You are not going crazy. Your mind is trying to tell you something and you should listen ... go easy on the lsd.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    You are not going crazy. Your mind is trying to tell you something and you should listen ... go easy on the lsd.
    I don't mean that I'm going crazy, I just separated from my "ego mind" and viewed the thoughts of my ego from an outer perspective, then I temporarily saw(didn't really "see" hard to explain) the other me that was watching my ego thoughts and that's what I mean by the me in an unknown space and time, all alone... I didn't expect it to be that way but it just did. Just read it and try the experiment, you'll maybe see your "ego thoughts" too, and be aware of the awareness that watches the thoughts, that is not the "ego me" but the "other me".

Not on LSD btw...that's actually a typical ego mind remark..

Sounds tailor made for Ni.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I read it...
    I saw myself through my outer perspective too...
    Just.. wow

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I've apparently had all the tools to get officially enlightened for about two years . . . but I never saw any point, since I value my ego and the suffering it brings. On the other hand, after reading that book, I see some ways that enlightenment can be used for something more than escapism. I'm thinking of productivity, which is just about the most important thing to my dear ego.

Also, I like to think of the relationship between the present (the "other self") and the ego as something like the one between a pen and the text it writes. You can't see the tip of a pen as it moves across the paper; you can only carry the pen along, blind and yet able to experience the motion. What you can see, if you remove your attention from the act of writing, is the text that the pen leaves in its wake. The text is the past, wherein the ego lies, the act of writing is the "other self" that logically (not chronologically) precedes it, and the inability to see the pen tip refers to the absence of self-consciousness, of which the present consists.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

It's like a meat and potatoes version of Buddhist philosophy.

I like.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    I read this and became aware of my awareness, I saw my thoughts from my awareness, and tried to "be in the moment". It was completely trippy and profound. I temporarily saw myself, my "other self" and I'm scared to say it but it was what looked like me in a curled up position all alone in an unknown space or time, I don't know why but that is what I had a glimpse of. I am losing my mind.

I think I know this state... it's what happens when I'm not focused.

I saw an image of myself trapped in a phone booth, beating on the glass unable to break it, and jerking/pushing on the door. Then suddenly, deciding to pick up the phone and dial a number to get someone to open it from the outside.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post

I didn't read it all but in the first few pages the author gets you to identify yourself as being his imaginary friend and a loser,if that continues throughout it will make you dissasociate from yourself. And explain the above posters negative veiw feelings.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

The author is hilarious. Still reading it.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.