• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Universe: In our minds

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
A neat thought came to me. It's just a thought, completely irrational, and imaginative, but I think this would be an interested open-ended topic.

What if you looked into someone's eyes and saw another universe? That is the question that my sister just asked me nearly 5 minutes ago that stemmed this outburst of radical and imaginative thought.

It got me to thinking: What if our universe was the mind of one being? residing past the eyes of a superior force. A so called God? I don't want this to be a religious discussion, by any means. What if all that is is just one huge giant facet of thought? A stream of mind in which we are living.

And then..it brought me to the question: What if inside each of our minds/souls resided universes, too. All of our thoughts consciously brewing in one huge hurricane of being. A universe that could be very similar or very different from our own.

Very intriguing.

Any open ended thoughts?

But if you find this to complete BS, then please don't waste your time posting.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Every person does have something of a universe lurking behind their eyes. But usually the talented artists are the ones who are best at sharing this universe with others. :)

Sometimes we forget people are three dimensional. We are much more than just a description of our type. On the inside is an entire universe.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Everyone sees their own universe, the concept of colour blindness astounds me.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The universe is exactly how you perceive it. We perceive it by our mind through our senses. That is why beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I've always thought that the colour you would see in your eyes could be different in another persons eyes. The feeling of something would be different to you then if someone else were feeling it. Same for smell, taste and hearing. I could here beautiful music and someone else would think it's really bad. Why? Because they perceive it differently than the way I would. Or so I think.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I've always thought that as the concept of people liking different things than I do is absolutely absurd (to me), it's quite possible that in reality, people are all exactly the same, but the way we personally define it changes everything. Something is defined a certain way because a group of people say it's so, so a group of people could be pointing to something and declare its colour green, even though in reality what the three people in the group may be looking at is red, orange, and blue to them. So perhaps everybody has the same favourite colour, but it's just defined differently for them. There is no way of determining whether we are all looking at the same thing when we look at something. Which means that there's no way of determining anything.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
There is no way of determining whether we are all looking at the same thing when we look at something. Which means that there's no way of determining anything.

Uh oh, existential crisis impending in 3, 2 , 1...

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Everyone sees their own universe, the concept of colour blindness astounds me.

There is no such thing as being completely color blind, as in seeing black and white. I'm color blind so I know this, I actually see colors quite vividly but the blindness they mean is that we see less variety of color, a narrow spectrum of colors if you will. I often get confused between brownish and greenish colors, or can't tell a big difference between violet and dark blue.

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
Insofar as we can speak of a universe in your mind, that universe must be different from the real McCoy. The first necessarily refers to something beyond itself. The second necessarily cannot. But because the first refers to the "greater" universe of necessity in order to be what it is, using the term, "universe", to represent the finite mind begins to betray its etymological grounding.

There are many aspects to what you've said, and it is a fuzzy subject to me. If you articulate your ideas into something more structured, I bet we would both benefit.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
There are universes everywhere. Imagine this: The entire universe, now focus it on the galaxy, now the solar system, now the planet, and so on till you get to your eye, from the eye there are molecules, which can be broken down into elements, which can be broken down into protons, neutrons, and electrons, which can be broken down into quarks, etc, etc. So basically, Infinite is in everywhere. There are an infinite number of numbers between 0 and 1.

Going from there and reversing it, this universe could be a part of a giant quark of a giant atom. But who knows, and what use would come from knowing that all this universe is is a fragment of a fragment of an atom?

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Considering the depth and consistancy of concepts like physics, yet the absurdity of free will and the chaos of spontainity, these opposing factors are too consistant to make sense as such.

If it is a mind, it's an abnormally complex and in depth imagination, and it's definately not dreaming because it's too mundane for that.

Of course, if it were just 'horton hears a ho' well... maybe.

But if it's someone else's mind? Well all I can state is that if that's the case, they are BORING AS HELL. Yeu hear me brain thinky person!? YEU ARE BORING! That's right, yeu just got called out by yeur own mind, meaning yeu're totally dealing with split personalities and one of them thinks yeu're a boring tard, so go think up something way more awesome! And dream me up a sammich, I'm hungry.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
...Going from there and reversing it, this universe could be a part of a giant quark of a giant atom. But who knows, and what use would come from knowing that all this universe is is a fragment of a fragment of an atom?

If-that-were-the-case-it-would-make-a-lot-of-sense!