• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Someone give me a quick rundown on the Zodiac

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could be wrong about the rising sign, but I was talking to someone about astrology and they determined from my reading and what house what was in that Aquarius was my rising sign. But later on I'll PM them to you, since my mom has my exact time of birth etc at her house and she's at work at the moment, so I can't bother her.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I'm Phlegmatic.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a summer solstice baby. 21st of june. Zodiac wise I'm bordering Gemini and Cancer. Some zodiacs say I'm one or the other, some say I'm both. I'm never too sure.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Fluff - ideally time (if you have it, if you don't I can still tell where the panets are), place (optional) and full date to my PM, and I'll tell you if your astrology supports your MBTI...

The date you've given just sys you've a gemini sun, several other factors involved

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
the zodiac is fixed... your first sentance is like saying the moon ought to be not called the moon. It is called the moon.

The zodiac is astronomic....

As for your second comment no one says the costellations have anything to do with your dating. Astrology is related to interpretation of planetary movment (astronomy data)...

You don't beleive the interpretation - thats your call...

How do you make the connection between the celestial bodies and personality/dating/etc?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fluff - ideally time (if you have it, if you don't I can still tell where the panets are), place (optional) and full date to my PM, and I'll tell you if your astrology supports your MBTI...

The date you've given just sys you've a gemini sun, several other factors involved

I'm not sure, but I think in the afternoon around 2-4pm. I was three weeks early and came out like a fart, so when my mom talks about my birth, that's usually all that's mentioned. But I'm pretty certain I was born somewhere in the afternoon. :p

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
AJB

Ok if you were born on the 8th of Nov 1966

Your Venus would astronomically be in the location of roughtly 14 Scorpio (it may change a little given time and place on the planet).

Venus = 14 dgrees - is astronomic location of where venus is. Astronomy stops there and doens't interpret... therefore I guess the sign is used as a locator in the sky.

In astrology Venus is given the interpretation of being a planet that is about sexualy attraction, money, how you adorne yourself, how you express beauty, how you seduce people.

Scorpio is a passionate, intense, loyal, deep, penetrating, obessive, fixed, stuborn, determined, magentic, scary sign...

Venus in scorpio can be obessive, have powerful impact, can be hypnotic, almost magnitise people they date... Very sexy in a deep mysterious way

Venus would sit in the persons chart and be aspected by other planets... on this date it has lot of aspects which I wont go through.....

This venus is the persons potential - how they are likely to be....

What is involved in dating (which is a relatively light weight occation), is a planet from today may aspect venus, either negatively or possitively... Ie the planets for todays astronomy are super-imposted on that persons chart and the mathematical degree is calculated.. thats the aspects..

So if mars (sex drive/agression etc) for today is squaring the natives venus (which it is not today), this is a stressful aspect... the person will exhibit this energy in a driven manner - they may argue with a woman, or be really horny and do nothing about it, or seriously pursui the girl in the bakery (to either a possitive or negative outcome). This aspect is pretty driven so for a shy guy it may be the kick up the bum he needs to ask the girl out.... it really depends on how well he has got to grips with himself...

Alternatively if Mars was at 14 degrees Cancer today - this would be a trine - 120 degree angle. The person might do pleasant Venus things, like paint the house and make it look beautiful. Go out on a nice date (without arguments etc).

Does this make sence, and I'm REALLY not trying to convince you, just show there is more to it than you realise...

FYI it was Gordon Ramsey's birthdate I used.. but not his full chart

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not sure, but I think in the afternoon around 2-4pm. I was three weeks early and came out like a fart, so when my mom talks about my birth, that's usually all that's mentioned. But I'm pretty certain I was born somewhere in the afternoon. :p

FLUFFY I need the full date.. 21st of June 2009 is different from 21st June 1999 - the panets have moved considerably.

so 21st of Jun... year please and I'll see where the planets are for the day of your birthday

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
In general I have a tendancy to be a sceptic when it comes to astrology, yet I have to admit there are so many similarities and apparent coincidences.

I don't think there is a harsh direct correllation with MB and zodiac yet they, like a planet and its moon, seem to have cause and effects.

In the future I believe there will be adjustments in how astrology is practiced and interpretated to make it more reliable, applicable and concreit.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
In general I have a tendancy to be a sceptic when it comes to astrology, yet I have to admit there are so many similarities and apparent coincidences.

I don't think there is a harsh direct correllation with MB and zodiac yet they, like a planet and its moon, seem to have cause and effects.

In the future I believe there will be adjustments in how astrology is practiced and interpretated to make it more reliable, applicable and concreit.

To be honest with you I can never see it going mainstreem... astrologers tend to try and use perfect astrology to prove it's value... they outght to use rough astrology to prove it's worth...

It's the equivelent of meeting someone who can read hyroglipics... wether or not you beleive what the hyroglipics say is one thing, but the ability to apply the right interpretation is another....

It's not for everyone but I think there is more than a little bit in it.... it can be helpful, but ought not to be used obsessively because intrepretations can be wrong/used differently

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
The horoscopes I believe are BS, however, it does seem that the few people whose zodiac signs I've know, the descriptions on temperament and personality pretty much reflect well (myself included).

I've found this to be true as well. I never read horoscopes, but people's birth sign's seem to make sense to me.

I have also noticed a pattern that I get along absolutely best with Aries, Taurus, and Scorpios. Or, people born in mid March-May, and mid-September to the end of October. If I think someone is incredibly cool, I usually find out that their birthday's fall in those months.

I found something about Myer's Briggs and astrology here: The Astrology of Myers-Briggs Personality Types - Astrologers' Community

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
And here's where you lose me. How do you back up these interpretations as accurate?

Actually these were developed pre Galen/Plato's time... so I'm lost to say how they came about... they have been refined during time but not an awful lot.

I have a copy of a book that was written in 1646 or there abouts, and the basic premis hasn't changed.

In terms of psycological phrasing, Alan Leo (as turn of the 1900 centrury) astrologer started, but it's not a million miles away from the 1646 book - language is definately softer...

This is what I mean - if you beleive the interpretation... it's like the interpretation of hyroglipics... how accurate is out knowledge... That said astrology tends to be passed down through generations by other astrologers... for a logn while it was word of mouth like everything else.. in exactly the same way as history has been communicated

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
FLUFFY I need the full date.. 21st of June 2009 is different from 21st June 1999 - the panets have moved considerably.

so 21st of Jun... year please and I'll see where the planets are for the day of your birthday

Oh, 1983. :p

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've found this to be true as well. I never read horoscopes, but people's birth sign's seem to make sense to me.

I have also noticed a pattern that I get along absolutely best with Aries, Taurus, and Scorpios. Or, people born in mid March-May, and mid-September to the end of October. If I think someone is incredibly cool, I usually find out that their birthday's fall in those months.

I found something about Myer's Briggs and astrology here: The Astrology of Myers-Briggs Personality Types - Astrologers' Community

OK not paid attention enough to know if you posted your sign a minute ago... the realtionship between Aries, Taurus and Scorpio....

Scorpio is ruled by Mars (or pluto in modern day but still also Mars)... Taurus is opposite Scoprio - so there is like and opposite attract thing going on.. Taureans tend to be attected to Scorps... Aries however has no particuarly realtionship to Scorpio or Taurus (in that logisticall it is one sign away)..

So if you are a taurus - you probably have planets in Aries... If you are a scorp or an aries - you like the other persons Mars... Aries is ruled by mars so there is communiality there...

I've seen Scorp women hanging out with Aries because they get the agressive energy within each other

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
This is what I mean - if you beleive the interpretation... it's like the interpretation of hyroglipics... how accurate is out knowledge... That said astrology tends to be passed down through generations by other astrologers... for a logn while it was word of mouth like everything else.. in exactly the same way as history has been communicated

:dry:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, 1983. :p

BINGO

You have a skew towards Mutable = flexible which would give you the P type....

Then Cardinal = which is drive...
then Fixed

Roughtly:
Mut = 6 planets
Card = 2 planets
Fixed = 2 planets

Lots of Air... lots...
then Fire
then water
you have no earth.

People who are missing an element often over compensate... lacking earth is likely to make you unpractical. so getting bills paid on time, filling otu forms, checking administration is unlikely to happen natrually. Often these natives over compensate but making lists and over do the practical... so eveything needs to be planned etc..

I know you are a P type btu thats all I can remember ....from your astrology I would say S type (lots of air - likely to be an artisan) and Extrovert because you have fire although I don't know if that equates to E/I yet...

ESxP

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
shit sorry I messes up your elements .....

Air - big time
then water medium
Fire medium but less than water
no earth

The no earth would equate to the INTPs not getting stuf done...

The air element dominance doens't really equate to an NT... need to think about that...

Give me a minute for some reason this is wierd

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
<snip>

Okay then. Removed quote. You're making me curious though. :p

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
OK not paid attention enough to know if you posted your sign a minute ago... the realtionship between Aries, Taurus and Scorpio....

Scorpio is ruled by Mars (or pluto in modern day but still also Mars)... Taurus is opposite Scoprio - so there is like and opposite attract thing going on.. Taureans tend to be attected to Scorps... Aries however has no particuarly realtionship to Scorpio or Taurus (in that logisticall it is one sign away)..

So if you are a taurus - you probably have planets in Aries... If you are a scorp or an aries - you like the other persons Mars... Aries is ruled by mars so there is communiality there...

I've seen Scorp women hanging out with Aries because they get the agressive energy within each other

Wow. Thanks. Very cool. I'm actually an Aries-Taurus.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Fluffy

Ok P-ness relates to mutable... (and in your case exaserbated by lack of earth)

"Although I have a high N, I also seem to have a pretty good Se, I know more INTP's with this but it seems rather uncommon. Si not so much though. As far as I/E goes. I know for a fact I'm extremely I. But I love to focus on being E in order to experience and seek new out new things. And I may appear E from time to time because of it to some people. My natural state is still extremely I though."

I checked my computer because the sun didn't enter Cancer until the 22nd, which makes you a gemini... actually you are a huge gemini...

I/E probably relates to above the horizon below the horizon in the actual chart... lots of planets below - means introspective, lots above means extroverts... without an accurate time of day I can't really do that.

At 2pm you had 6 out of 10 planets below the horizon...

The NT bit I've not figured yet... :D will get there perhaps

EnF - your welcome