• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Someone give me a quick rundown on the Zodiac

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
"

"One can expect with considerable assurance,
that a given well-defined psychological situation will be accompanied by an analogous astrological configuration."
- C.G. Jung

Chicken and egg mate... astrology is a descriptor of personality as is psycology

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
no problem, I'm not trying to convert you, simply pointing out that it's not based on wooliness, but on data interpretation and MBTI is actually applying astrological principals... LOL which cracks me up....

so I guess it comes down to - do you beleive in MBTI (its less of a streach for you)

I think you can roughly categorize people yes. For example, some people are social, others not so much. There's no guesswork to that.

But that's a bit different than claiming that stars alter my behavior depending on my moment of birth. It's just... pulled from the blue. What exactly takes place as you leave the womb to cement that in place?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
The horoscopes I believe are BS, however, it does seem that the few people whose zodiac signs I've know, the descriptions on temperament and personality pretty much reflect well (myself included).

Actually weirdly enough horoscopes are written for people who are born at zero degrees of that sign... such as 21 Mar = Aries... this is used for horoscope... the method is exactly the same as other astrology it's just not based on a real person - but a fictisious group of people who;s chart all start at 0 degrees areis... which never happens.

what time of day you are born is much more impactful at beign able to read horoscopes... It gets very complicated to explain...

the basic sun sign premis ought to fit most of the time - it falls to bits if you are say a Leo with a stash of planets in Virgo, you will come over as being more virgo. A natal interpretation take account of all 10 planets and various chart point defined by your time of day

on temprements
Four Temperaments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
All I know is I'm a Scorpio, and we're bad news ladies. Baaad. . . :devil:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think you can roughly categorize people yes. For example, some people are social, others not so much. There's no guesswork to that.

But that's a bit different than claiming that stars alter my behavior depending on my moment of birth. It's just... pulled from the blue. What exactly takes place as you leave the womb to cement that in place?

no that is the point, it is not pulled from the blue...

If you were born on the 21st of march 2009 in London at 19:56

You would have libra rising
Sun at one degrees aries
moon at 4 degrees aquarius
mercury at 22 pisces
Venus at 10 degrees aries etc it goes on....

If you were born on the 21st April 2009 london 19:56
Sun at one degrees Taurus
Moon at 19 degrees pisces
mercury at 21 degrees taursus
Venus at 29 degrees of psices etc it goes on....

Each chart is uneque for the individual even if only born a few minutes apart...

The mechanics behind astrology is hard core stock maths... This is astronomic data - it's as factual as any astronomy you like

The intrepretation however is ASTROLOGY - has ranges of possibilities... Aries sun - has drive, get up and go, and is a bit on the spoilt brat side. Great startes but poor completer finishers (they would equate to coleric or Idealist) You would go through all 10 planets to get the full pickture of the person

The Taurus sun - is stable, consitant, stuborn, about getting resources (Gardians or melacolics).... stability public status etc... again you've the other 9 planets to take into consideration....

Hope this helps...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
All I know is I'm a Scorpio, and we're bad news ladies. Baaad. . . :devil:

ver intense very passionate.. very loyal - only a nightmare if they are coming back from being hurt, then they self persecute through warped sexual practises (which could just be a man hoar or may involve S&M and extreme stuff)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If one were to analysis a Myers Briggs type to personality types of the Zodiac what would each sign archetype character predominantly be or tend to be?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
this is the type of data behind the wheel...

Astrologers dont jsut take the planetary placement for the date you were born, but each planets movements need to be calculated for the exact time you were born... so if you were born at 3pm and you are using a mid day ephemeris you need to calculate the methematical progression of that planet for the 3 hour later that you were born.

ephemeris.com - Sun to Sedna Ephemeris

it also factors in latitude and longditude...

the astrological part is interpeting what Moon at zero degrees tauraus MEANS.... the rest is astronomy data...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If one were to analysis a Myers Briggs type to personality types of the Zodiac what would each sign archetype character predominantly be or tend to be?

I don't think that they are related...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

Ok if you go from the hisotry of temrament type...

Plato/Galen/ traplicity (an astrology classification/ astrology equvelents...astrology quadraplicity

Artisan SP = Sanguine = Air Signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) - these guys would be about socalising I guess, thought of as emtional light weights but conceptual - geminis are about wide spread socalising, Libras are about relationship wiht partners and Aquas are about humanitarian but not emotionally involved... Geminis are mutable (adaptable, Libras (Cardinal = active), Aqua (fixed/stuborn).

Guardian SJ = Melancolic = Earth sign (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn). About resources, stability, public status, wealth .... tarus are fixed, Virgo Mutable, Capricon cadinal

Idealist NF = Choleric = fire signs (Aries Leo, Saggie) - active element, want to change the world, are off in a different head space. The key differene to MBTI to any of this is that MBTI says these guys are emotional, astrology doesn't... theya re passionate.. I like both sides... Aries is cardinal, Leo is fixed, and Saggis are mutable

Rationalist NT = Phelgmantic = Water (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) - are seen as the astrological emotional types, intuatives, deeply taking the world in... Cancer cardinal, Scorpio fixed and Pisces is mutable.

historically fixed signs - which we would see as stuborn and unmoving today were considered robust historically. Mutible signs were seen in a bad light as constantly changing, we see flexibility as a good thing today...

God you guys are making work for my supper

In terms of signs to MBTI codes = there are 3 signs per sub category so they don't = MBTI break down...

hope this helps -

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I guess P = Mutable ....J = Fixed...

Not sure how Cardinal relates...

ENTJ = Fixed Cardinal - get up and go and fixed
INTJ = Mutable Fixed
INTP = Mutable Mutable
ENTP = Mutable Cardinal - get up and go and fixed

But thats me guessing from what I know of NTs

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Muchas Gracias Tinkerbell!

I know it would be impossible to get a strict interpretation on every sign yet this is a helpfull tool especially for on the spot quick analysis.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi spa

The big issue here is that most people beleive astrology is a sign... signs are the eqivelent of actors costumes only...

Any individual natal chart is made up 10 planets (Sun - which most of you beleive is astrology, Moon emotional center, Merucry = communication, Venus = attraction, money, love, Mars agression and drive, Jupiter opimisim, faith, integrity, Saturn responcibility, sense of timing, work ethic etc, Uranus eccentricity differentness, Neptune spiritualisim, pluto power). This = the actors or players in your life

How they relate to each other in terms of aspects (Trine = 120 dgree appart, Sextile 60 degrees appart, Sqaure (90 degrees), conjuncture (07 degrees apart) = this equals the dialogue - nice and nasty

Houses = 12 houses dealing with lots of fasets of life... = logistical scenes where the action takes place

Signs = how the planet expresses itself = costume/colour of the plant...

It then gets a lot more complex...

So any individual would be made up of a variety of diffrent things...

People with lots of mutable planets are not likely to be J types....
People with a huge amount of Earth may well be Gaurdians...
But astrology is much more complex than MBTI

Enjoy

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The way Zodiac is set up, it seems entirely arbitrary.

Star constellations have nothing to do with your dating life!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My zodiac type is interesting... I'm a Leo with Aquarius as a rising sign. I'm an enneagram 9w8 sx/so and INFP if you want that for data or whatever. :)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
The way Zodiac is set up, it seems entirely arbitrary.

Star constellations have nothing to do with your dating life!

the zodiac is fixed... your first sentance is like saying the moon ought to be not called the moon. It is called the moon.

The zodiac is astronomic....

As for your second comment no one says the costellations have anything to do with your dating. Astrology is related to interpretation of planetary movment (astronomy data)...

You don't beleive the interpretation - thats your call...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
My zodiac type is interesting... I'm a Leo with Aquarius as a rising sign. I'm an enneagram 9w8 sx/so and INFP if you want that for data or whatever. :)

Pm me or reputation me the date... I wont read for you because I'll get loads, but I'm interested because you have a Fixed Sun and a Fixed Asc = both massively important, yet you are P type - which is about flexibility... you are likely to have a lot of mutable in your chart