User Tag List

First 513141516 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 156

  1. #141
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Month Of Conception Linked To Birth Defects In United States

    Onset of Menopause Linked to Birth Month

    Birth Month And Short-Sightedness Linked By TAU Researchers

    So scientist are out there digging in, trying to find birth month(seasonal) correlations to health. I'm sure personality will come next in the field of psychology.
    At a guess 1 and 3 are environemental effects - 1 doesn't sound repeatable outside the US - the US use more pesticides.... in order to show a significant rise within a country as large are the US, it suggest that only tiny quantities of pesticides are impactful on vulnerable feotus'

    3 I'm guessing is because of light quality durind the first 3 months of life (I would guess). this ought to be repeatable in other countries - specifically it ought to be compares in the sothern hemospher - which might show the opposite, late in the year short signteness - which would indicate a sun shine exposure thing.

    Persumably we are genetically programmes to want sex more in September in order to inclubate babies and give birth in summer...

    As for 2 I woud think there is something else going on... Something is nagging my intuition on this so leave that one with me.

    In terms of how these things would relate in astrology time - I'm not sure, the longevity of the research suggests it personal planets. Let me have a think about this.

    Now one thing to keep in mind in the constraints of the research 1996-2002 for the first one is only 6 years and may not get the same results if repeated - so an anomoly of that specific set of years.

    In mundane astrology you look at planetary cycles - such as Saturn - which may be indicative. (The whole seven years of bumper crops and famine reported Joseph in the bible - are likely to relate to a saturn cycle.... rights of passage of kids are saturn related... 7, 14, 21, 28 - ish).

    Let me think about the menapause and I'll get back to you.... I think there might be something else going on.

    If you are up for a real read - try the book called "Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell - which is interesting about sucessful hockey players skewing towards a specific birth month, ask kids grow up they are selected in January, so kids who are nearly 6 in January have better moto neuron contorl than those who have recently turned 5.... and the kids grow up the nearly six year old out perform - win special time and training and their end up more likely to be professionals because they 11 months older than their just turn 5 year old do. It's a good read.

  2. #142
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Ok this is all just hypothesising...

    If a baby girl is born in Oct... the mum has had summer for the last 5 months of her pregnancy... so more fresh fruit and veggies avaiable, more vit D (well in Europe) diatary difference etc.

    If a baby is born in March conception took place in July, they miss summer foods during later staes of pregnancy. OK it is balances out with long haul foods, but that may do something to the nutraints.

    It may be that the Oct born babies diet promote their fertility period in order to maximise the opportunity that their (possibly stronger/healthier) babies have a higher change of reproducing...

    Ok I'm clutching straws there could be many reasons...

    Date of birth linked to onset of menopause | Society | The Guardian

    this article also covers soem social attitudes... and say that astrology doens't play into it, but I suspect it is more likely...certain phases on the astrological footprint are soberer, or bubbly seasonally.

    Onset Of Menopause May Be Linked To Seasons

    This one does tie into equinoxes... which are powerful int he astrological sense... Cardinal signs on fire....

  3. #143
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Ok this is all just hypothesising...

    If a baby girl is born in Oct... the mum has had summer for the last 5 months of her pregnancy... so more fresh fruit and veggies avaiable, more vit D (well in Europe) diatary difference etc.

    If a baby is born in March conception took place in July, they miss summer foods during later staes of pregnancy. OK it is balances out with long haul foods, but that may do something to the nutraints.

    It may be that the Oct born babies diet promote their fertility period in order to maximise the opportunity that their (possibly stronger/healthier) babies have a higher change of reproducing...
    Now you have caught my interest.

    I understand it would make sense to conceive in the spring/summer months (i am thinking caveman/cavewoman here) as fruit/meat would be in abundance so having a better chance to give birth to healthier children.

    I think though that there has to be more to it than that. So many factors have to be taken into account.

    Example - My second kid, i was incredibly stressed throughout pregnancy with depression and other factors. There were days when i couldn't afford to eat a proper meal. Labour was induced and he came out premature (still 6lbs 4oz). My kid is rarely ill and still at 12 yrs old will not eat most things yet he is so freaking smart (ENTP and a stubborn Taurus ) and he is doing great even if he is the black sheep of the family (i don't mind that though)

    Now the only thing i did different through both pregnancies was with No 2, i put the headphones on my tummy and played classical music. Yes i know i am daft.

    Also, I like astrology but i don't take what the new papers/magazines say as gospal. It's just entertainment. I did recently though buy a soul astrology report. I swear to god, i don't ever give to much away when it comes to people, i am very guarded but this report was about 95% accurate, it scared me that it knew how i clicked. I know everything can be open to interpretation and i did scrutinize it, but it was good.

    I rambled on there, sorry.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  4. #144
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Also, I like astrology but i don't take what the new papers/magazines say as gospal. It's just entertainment. I did recently though buy a soul astrology report. I swear to god, i don't ever give to much away when it comes to people, i am very guarded but this report was about 95% accurate, it scared me that it knew how i clicked. I know everything can be open to interpretation and i did scrutinize it, but it was good.
    Head phones on the bump - very cute...

    Horoscopes, if they have been written by a real astrologer (some/not many are actually just journalist who make up the text), then exactly the same principals are used in terms of data analysis and interpretation. However the zodiac listed in horoscpes are actually for rising signs, and specifically rising signs at specific degree (lower scale - otherwise move to the next sign). If you cn manage to line your rising sign up to the right sign, a lot mroe the horoscope will be relevant to you. I once saved 200 because of a horoscope...

    Natal scope - which I would assume is what your soul reading is... should be very relevant. You do need to be careful when looking at these things - for something called the barnum effect - which is absically you reading what you want out of a report.

    I'm always wary of soul/pastlife, anything that is too etherial in terms of readings, because it's more in the teratory of unprovable. If a report said you were a plumber in a past life, how do you know it's true? If you treat these readings as entertainment then you are probably on the right track.

  5. #145
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Month Of Conception Linked To Birth Defects In United States

    Onset of Menopause Linked to Birth Month

    Birth Month And Short-Sightedness Linked By TAU Researchers

    So scientist are out there digging in, trying to find birth month(seasonal) correlations to health. I'm sure personality will come next in the field of psychology.
    A thought on the menopause link... and again this is pure speculation. If nature tries to get more babies born in late spring/early summer (testosterone peaks around Sept) in order to protect the child. Perhaps the menopasue findings are to balance this out... giving early winter babies longer time to procreate to balance out their bad luck....? Ok I'm clutchng straws.

    Now something to concider is how the research results (for each of the links) would compare in other countries - not northen hemosphere... the equator or Oz....

  6. #146
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    I've already asked this on the Astrology society board on here and had it answered. But I'll mention it again for other people. Basically since the natal charts are so wide, it can be interpreted in so many different ways that essentially it'll always cover someones personality. If it covers everything, then it's very prone to confirmation bias. This all makes astrology seem less valid since it can't really be proved false or true, the interpretations are basically taken on faith.

    But I don't have too much problem with that. Sometimes I dabble with basic readings and there are some parts that I don't feel are true at all, but a professional can always say that it's because it's been countered by another aspect of your personality. Sometimes I wonder what I've gained from astrology and draw a blank, and other times I think that people doing so can fall into the trap of fatalism/destiny thinking.

    You have powers to influence people, creating ripples of action and reaction wherever you go.Because of your enthusiasm and magnetism, you are cut out for positions of leadership.
    Not really... but can be countered with "You can't observe yourself"

    In any case your life will be colored by impulsive and rather stubborn tendencies on your part, creating some inclination to go to extremes.
    How does this fit in with ISFJ exactly? I'd be attempting to avoid these issues.

    Sagittarius gives you a rather strong love of nature and makes you somewhat extroverted, demonstrative and passionate, falling in love frequently and without reservations.
    Your romantic life will be intense and varied. Your object of love may find you difficult to understand. In one aspect you will appear as passionate and energetic but because of the mutability of the sign you will also have an opposite tendency that will lead you away from involvement in the love affair and the latter impulse will be caused by a more inner trait, which is personal freedom.
    This doesn't resonate with me at all.

    You were taught very early in life to be self-reliant, and you were often given more responsibility than usual for your age.
    Not really. However I acknowledge that it's because I haven't pushed myself hard enough in this department.

    You pride yourself on your good judgment, but you ignore the fact that you are a taker, not a giver, except when it suits your long-range purposes.
    This does seem to resonate with me but it's an aspect I dislike because it seems to imply that this is how I will be, my natural inclinations and I can't change it on a fundamental level. One of the reason I'm pushed away from Astrology.
    Anyhow just a list of things that I disagree with taken from astro.com, obviously there are other sections I agree with. But if there are so many aspects that I disagree with then it sort of proves a problem. Otherwise we can just claim that it merges, and those that don't need merging is because it's true.

  7. #147
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I've already asked this on the Astrology society board on here and had it answered. But I'll mention it again. Basically since the natal charts are so wide, it can be interpreted in so many different ways that essentially it'll always cover someones personality. If it covers everything, then it's very prone to confirmation bias. This all makes astrology seem less valid since it can't really be proved false or true, the interpretations are basically taken on faith.

    But I don't have too much problem with that. Sometimes I dabble with basic readings and there are some parts that I don't feel are true at all, but a professional can always say that it's because it's been countered by another aspect of your personality. I haven't really gained much from astrology, and sometimes I think that people doing so can fall into the trap of fatalism/destiny thinking.



    Anyhow just a list of things that I disagree with taken from astro.com, obviously there are other sections I agree with. But if there are so many aspects that I disagree with then it sort of proves a problem. Otherwise we can just claim that it merges, and those that don't need merging is because it's true.
    As I've said a few time on this thread, astrology is prone to the barnam effect - reading the bits you like and ticking them - so you need to be a bit more objective in really seeing. A good experiment is to read and highlight the bits that are right for you, then get someone else who knows you to do the same (you don't see yourself from the outside).

    Astrology interpretation of any planet has a range. From the sound of you, you are thinking your life is static and you well be the same person in 20 years time. Astrologers interpretation of a given planet is the resources that are available to you... in your whole life. Right now you may be using one planet in a way that is appropriate to your age, as you grow you use it differently. As life then challenges you, you can use it negatively, when things go right you use it possitively. All in all the ranges are needed - not all of them will apply right now, some never will and some will be used later or earlier in your life.

    Astro.com is very basic, but it is free.... it has no real analysis in it.

    Natal scopes are one thing, people tend to like what they see that appeals to them. The real test of something is when a bad aspect hits in terms of predictions, now that is when it can be really helpful/more obvious how it works.

    I'm happy to explore the subject with people, but I'm seriously not trying to convert anyone, you need to keep objective...... I'm more than happy to provide the information I can to help you explore it.

    Studying the subject is highly adictive and can distract people from getting on with their lives... It's a very real problem.

    Do keep in mind that a person choose to use the resorces of the planets in the way they want to, so astrologers cna't say definatively.

    There is an aspect Mars/Pluto that can show rape/sexual assult in a chart. Some women experience the issue (scarily more than you would like), some choose to use this powerful energy to be professional althetes, others use their energy to develop support services for people in crisis, some just become workahaulics... so their are choices/temprament issues. What will steemroller one person will motivate another...

    Happy to answer anything else..

    Lots of saggie can also indicate a likling for horses, good a sports, impressive optimisim, relgious principals, forieng travel, almost always a real sparkly over christmas, women who like sex on top , there are a few other things, but this is top of mind. Saggies often have quite long thigh bones and a generally sunny individuals (they HATE to be confronted with relaity, and when I last studied it... were the more represented sign within a group of serial killers)....

  8. #148
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    As I've said a few time on this thread, astrology is prone to the barnam effect - reading the bits you like and ticking them - so you need to be a bit more objective in really seeing. A good experiment is to read and highlight the bits that are right for you, then get someone else who knows you to do the same (you don't see yourself from the outside).

    Astrology interpretation of any planet has a range. From the sound of you, you are thinking your life is static and you well be the same person in 20 years time. Astrologers interpretation of a given planet is the resources that are available to you... in your whole life. Right now you may be using one planet in a way that is appropriate to your age, as you grow you use it differently. As life then challenges you, you can use it negatively, when things go right you use it possitively. All in all the ranges are needed - not all of them will apply right now, some never will and some will be used later or earlier in your life.

    Astro.com is very basic, but it is free.... it has no real analysis in it.
    Yep pretty much. It still strikes me odd that something will be in your chart, but that it might never be used. I do accept explanations that combinations can manifest in various ways at any period of time. It's one of the reasons why I don't completely reject astrology because I can't really be certain that it's definitely fake. It's a little like Fengshui for me. (Lots of people in China seem to believe in that, it's even on TV...)

    But still when I say that certain things don't resonate with me at all... it's sort of like me saying "I won't smoke ever". Some people say that you should never say never. I do sort of agree that I can never be 100% certain what will happen in the future, but at least I can be fairly certain to an extent that it might as well be never.

    If you don't think astro.com is good enough, what exactly would you recommend in that case?

  9. #149
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Yep pretty much. It still strikes me odd that something will be in your chart, but that it might never be used. I do accept explanations that combinations can manifest in various ways at any period of time. It's one of the reasons why I don't completely reject astrology because I can't really be certain that it's definitely fake. It's a little like Fengshui for me. (Lots of people in China seem to believe in that, it's even on TV...)

    But still when I say that certain things don't resonate with me at all... it's sort of like me saying "I won't smoke ever". Some people say that you should never say never. I do sort of agree that I can never be 100% certain what will happen in the future, but at least I can be fairly certain to an extent that it might as well be never.

    If you don't think astro.com is good enough, what exactly would you recommend in that case?
    You sound like you have a very healthy attitude, I've been studying for years and still don't totally buy it. Healthy skeptisim bodes well in life... you seem to be able to balance this with an open mind which will serve you well. I'm a lot like this myself, the open mindedness helps me to keep my options open.

    I think you are forgetting your shadow though. I have a very heavy aspect in my chart... technially if I had less morals/was less well brought up/didn't have restraint, I could be super agressive/violent (which I'm not), It seems to manefest as being a victim (one bit of my chart is about the artist the saviour or the victim), I also use a lot of drive and energy in my work, and do a lot of study on esotiric subjects - which uses this energy up better than mugging people. I am aware that I have this intense passionate drive as part of me, and to an extent I'm consious of it, but I don't play it out. Hence it's in my chart but I don't use it (which is actually what the chart says if you go over it.

    I've been studying a long, long time, and smoking isn't something astrology can predict - so that is crap - probably the astrology layering their morals on you. It's just not in their.... No idea what gave you that - f it was astro.com I'm gob smacked...

    Astro is about the only freebie I know because I have my own software.
    If you PM me your birth date (full date with year) time (how accurate is it) and place (state and city - or if a small town nearest city), I'll pm you back.

    L

  10. #150
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    You sound like you have a very healthy attitude, I've been studying for years and still don't totally buy it. Healthy skeptisim bodes well in life... you seem to be able to balance this with an open mind which will serve you well. I'm a lot like this myself, the open mindedness helps me to keep my options open.

    I think you are forgetting your shadow though. I have a very heavy aspect in my chart... technially if I had less morals/was less well brought up/didn't have restraint, I could be super agressive/violent (which I'm not), It seems to manefest as being a victim (one bit of my chart is about the artist the saviour or the victim), I also use a lot of drive and energy in my work, and do a lot of study on esotiric subjects - which uses this energy up better than mugging people. I am aware that I have this intense passionate drive as part of me, and to an extent I'm consious of it, but I don't play it out. Hence it's in my chart but I don't use it (which is actually what the chart says if you go over it.

    I've been studying a long, long time, and smoking isn't something astrology can predict - so that is crap - probably the astrology layering their morals on you. It's just not in their.... No idea what gave you that - f it was astro.com I'm gob smacked...

    Astro is about the only freebie I know because I have my own software.
    If you PM me your birth date (full date with year) time (how accurate is it) and place (state and city - or if a small town nearest city), I'll pm you back.

    L
    That's quite true about the negative/shadow side. I could potentially be the things suggested there if it weren't for other values pushing me away, right I can see how that would occur. Oh, the smoking part wasn't there at all. It was just an example that it's one of the things I'll probably NEVER do in my life because of my values. It was meant to represent that there are some aspects in my charts that I know fairly certainly that I'll never engage in. Some profile did once mention something about being unfaithful and having multiple partners. I can't find the exact quote anymore since it was a while back but cafe.com represents it quite well with this quote.

    -264 Opposition Venus - Mars

    While he is passionate, he likes carnal desires and voluptuousness above all. He goes to excess, is unfaithful and often unsatisfied. Serious family quarrels in view.

    -37 Square Venus - Uranus

    He looks for new sensations in love and is often unsatisfied by affairs which quickly turn into purely conventional relationships. He likes novelty, adventure, the eccentric: he is frivolous, unstable, unfaithful. Marriage is not for him and, if he does throw himself into this adventure, it will end in divorce, written off as a youthful mistake. As a result of his numerous love affairs, he makes sure his line is continued.

    -22 Square Venus - Neptune

    He lacks self-confidence and his ideals are not easily to achieve. In love, he is unstable, unfaithful and deceitful. He is easy-going and follows others, he does not take the initiative.
    It's difficult to interpret these in other ways or how it can manifest positively. That'd be like the opposite of my idea of an ISFJ. But we've already addressed this above. Shadow potentials? Maybe.

    I'll PM my date. I'm just curious as to what other source you'd suggest, doesn't necessarily have to be free. Astrology seems like something that people can easily con you with if you aren't careful when looking around.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] can someone give me an exercise to get into the mindset of introverted intuition
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 01:40 AM
  2. Can someone please give me advice on how to find my type?
    By Sweetheart in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-08-2015, 09:02 PM
  3. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 09:08 PM
  4. Can someone give me a simple explanation of the Ti Te Si Se concept?
    By Lily flower in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 09:40 AM
  5. Give me ALL of the details on a J person por favor
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO