User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 156

  1. #131
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Here I think we are seeing the scientific method set up as a straw man all the more easy to knock down.

    The scientific method being described here is unrecognisable to me as the scientific method. And I think it would be unrecognisable to any scientist.

  2. #132
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Creationism says that species were created individually by God, but biology in the, "Origin of Species", says that species were created by natural selection.

    And natural selection has been recently confirmed by genetics. And indeed the genome allows us to pin point with accuracy just where on the branches of life any species had its origin.

    So creationism has been 100% falsified, just as astrology has been 100% falsified by astronomy, and alchemy has been 100% falsified by chemisty.
    This's a common error, and not actually accurate at all.

    Whot yeu're forgetting to note... is that darwin himself was a strong roman catholic with the firm belief in creationism.

    He *NEVER* said that "god created 100% of all the species", but that instead god created the species to start with, and then created rules for them to interact with, to see whot would happen.

    The belief of traditional darwin theory of species gradually undergoing evolutionary change has also been disproved through fossil records (except that there's not enough fossils to be 100% sure of this either), and the current accepted theory is that species actually undergo quantum jumps in the evolutionary process (how does a placenta evolve? It can't without several dozen other massive physiological changes at the same time), and that in itself implies that god *DID* have a direct hand in evolution because the jumps are far too vast for evolutionary theory to support.

    So no, the book yeu quoted has been disproved, the way yeu're using the theory is wrong even by the words of the person who wrote it disagrees with yeur statement, and natural selection in no way discludes the existance of creationism, but in fact rather supports it.

  3. #133
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Weird that really..... I'm a researcher by profession, which is why I can give you a cast iron gauranette that any research method is flawed by the limits of what is possible at the time the research is conducted....

    Guys can I suggest we stop feeding Victor and get back to the thread subject....

  4. #134
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Guys can I suggest we stop feeding Victor and get back to the thread subject....
    I refuse to allow poor reasoning to thrive simply because of irritation. If it's an invalid form of reasoning, I fully intend to call people out on it. Giving up on it simply because they don't listen doesn't help, it just means that others nearby may take it as the assumption that the person was right.

    Yeu can't just go "well this's stupid I'm not arguing anymore", the whole "the only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing". Except I don't believe in evil as an objective term, and we don't have any good men around here so I'll have to cover for them ^.~

    The point is, if yeu make a poor argument, expect me to point out why it's flawed. I do this even on posts I *AGREE* with. Actually, especially on things I agree with, at that. I won't have yeu screwing up something that's actually RIGHT and making everyone disagree with it because yeu have crap all for methodology in yeur explaination. If yeu screw up, I need people to know WHY yeu screwed up, especially yeu, so yeu stop doing it >.<

    Refer to my signature; if yeu're right for the wrong reasons, yeu're still wrong. The final answer means nothing if yeu don't understand it.

  5. #135
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    darwin himself was a strong roman catholic with the firm belief in creationism.
    Wow, and I thought Charles Darwin was an Anglican.

    And I had the impression that Roman Catholicism has never taught the doctrine of creationism.

    So I am quite surprised to discover that the Roman Catholic Charles Darwin was a creationist.

  6. #136
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post

    The point is, if yeu make a poor argument, expect me to point out why it's flawed. I do this even on posts I *AGREE* with. Actually, especially on things I agree with, at that. I won't have yeu screwing up something that's actually RIGHT and making everyone disagree with it because yeu have crap all for methodology in yeur explaination. If yeu screw up, I need people to know WHY yeu screwed up, especially yeu, so yeu stop doing it >.<
    .
    This could be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong thread. Victor's aruments are poorly founded, and based on irgnoance... I doubt you will ever get him to admit that, but knock yourself out trying to argue the toss with him.....


  7. #137
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    If she was born in mid March-May or October, then I'd be completely sold on this thing. Fun stuff.

    *****
    Ok, theory disproven. She's got my husband's birthday(ISTJ).lol
    Enf.... given the last sentence did you try out your husband's reading to see if it suited his ISTJ type....

    You do need to be careful when looking at these things - for something called the barnum effect - which is absically you reading what you want out of a report.

    Astrologers typically will say 70-80% of the reading ought to be idenitifiably accurate....

    A suggestion is to print something out and take a highlighter pen to the stuff you agree with... then give it to someone who knows you well and they can highlight in a different colour what they know of you (see yourself from the inside and outside)... it's useful to see if you are just nodding along to the bits you like.

    MBTI reports often have this effect on me.....

    One causion is that astro.com do a bit of a short crappy report so it will be limited by that... a full reading has more detail (and ideally with human analysis - computer programmes can't do the analytics part).

  8. #138
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    This could be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong thread. Victor's aruments are poorly founded, and based on irgnoance... I doubt you will ever get him to admit that, but knock yourself out trying to argue the toss with him.....

    Ok, so what do you think of birth month and health? There has been some evidence there. If there is a connection there, I don't think it's too far of a stretch to say that personality could also be affected by the season you were born in.

  9. #139
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Ok, so what do you think of birth month and health? There has been some evidence there. If there is a connection there, I don't think it's too far of a stretch to say that personality could also be affected by the season you were born in.
    From an astrological perspective - the 6th house in any natives chart rules health... the 1st house wellness... houses are birth time related.

    There is a branch of astology that looks at medical matters called decumbrature.... its pretty specalist (within a specalisim).

    Technically is it possible that people born in a specific moth would have a greater than average tendancy to an illness... yes kind of, but its astreach and certainly wouldn't be a common phenomina....

    Two planets have aspect to each other may indicate a higher than usual tendancy towards a specific type illness.

    Mars square Saturn often suffers from thwarted ego drives - which can cause rage (and realted heart problems), importence and a variety of other conditions. Mars moves quikcly in comparision to Saturn... But if Mars what squaring Saturn during a period when it was slowing down to station then retrograde, it would give several weeks of the aspect in action.... so technically possible but a rarity.

    The otter planets are much slower so much more likely to be invovled in this type of thing.

    Sun, moon, merucry and venus - all more to fast even in slow motion for this to ever happen.

  10. #140
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    From an astrological perspective - the 6th house in any natives chart rules health... the 1st house wellness... houses are birth time related.

    There is a branch of astology that looks at medical matters called decumbrature.... its pretty specalist (within a specalisim).

    Technically is it possible that people born in a specific moth would have a greater than average tendancy to an illness... yes kind of, but its astreach and certainly wouldn't be a common phenomina....

    Two planets have aspect to each other may indicate a higher than usual tendancy towards a specific type illness.

    Mars square Saturn often suffers from thwarted ego drives - which can cause rage (and realted heart problems), importence and a variety of other conditions. Mars moves quikcly in comparision to Saturn... But if Mars what squaring Saturn during a period when it was slowing down to station then retrograde, it would give several weeks of the aspect in action.... so technically possible but a rarity.

    The otter planets are much slower so much more likely to be invovled in this type of thing.

    Sun, moon, merucry and venus - all more to fast even in slow motion for this to ever happen.
    Month Of Conception Linked To Birth Defects In United States

    Onset of Menopause Linked to Birth Month

    Birth Month And Short-Sightedness Linked By TAU Researchers

    So scientist are out there digging in, trying to find birth month(seasonal) correlations to health. I'm sure personality will come next in the field of psychology.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] can someone give me an exercise to get into the mindset of introverted intuition
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 01:40 AM
  2. Can someone please give me advice on how to find my type?
    By Sweetheart in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-08-2015, 09:02 PM
  3. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 09:08 PM
  4. Can someone give me a simple explanation of the Ti Te Si Se concept?
    By Lily flower in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 09:40 AM
  5. Give me ALL of the details on a J person por favor
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO