User Tag List

123 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Default Interpret my dream!

I don't know exactly where to put this (considered putting it in the NF forum for a minute then realized that didn't make sense although I think NFs should probably excel at dream interpreting) so it can be moved wherever it best fits. Also, I think NTs might be good at interpreting too, especially judging from King of Despair's insight into my character.

Earlier I woke up from a dream in which I and a group of others were at a friend's house, but it was layed out differently than his house irl. A group of us guys like to congregate there but there was a mix of genders in the dream and a larger amount of people.

I'm not sure exactly what activity we were involved in, but it was pretty fun. It got late, and at one point I looked over at the rather large window in the kitchen where I happened to be and noticed a stark bright blue sky as if it were the middle of the day. It's a wonder we hadn't noticed it before but you did have to lean in close a bit and look up to get a really good gist of what the sky looked like. Still, I wondered how the sky could be blue like that after midnight and pointed it out to someone else there.

I then started telling the owner of the house who seemed completely unaware but as I did so thunderclouds started covering the sky making it completely dark. It stayed that way for a few minutes so I walked outside to see what the deal was and looked up to see a brilliant night sky filled with stars. There was some faint illusion to it, though, that made it look different than a normal night sky. Couldn't quite percieve what it was, though.

The whole dream was pervaded with mysteriousness. I haven't had a dream quite like that in awhile. It seemed significant to some degree, though I can't tease out the meaning.

I wonder now why I didn't have even the faintest inclination to question whether I was awake so that I could possibly enter into a lucid dreaming state. Oh well, I'll have to work on that later.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Sounds like you wanted time to stand still while you had fun, because you didn't want it to end. However, when confronted with the fact that that indeed had happened, your mind rejected it as you considered it impossible and therefore adapted the situation to what you thought it should really be. The others in your dream seemed to have been quite happy to just stay in that situation without questionning it.

Have you felt the need for escape lately? Too many daily pressures, making you want more time to yourself but at the same time you'd not want to shun reality or your responsibilities? Coz it seems like your imagination was trying to give you a break and your analytical mind went, nope, that's not possible/logical and we have things to take care of! /end fun.

Of course, I'm just Ne-ing crazy now. If it doesn't fit, just ignore me
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Have you felt the need for escape lately? Too many daily pressures, making you want more time to yourself but at the same time you'd not want to shun reality or your responsibilities? Coz it seems like your imagination was trying to give you a break and your analytical mind went, nope, that's not possible/logical and we have things to take care of! /end fun.
    YES! Too many responsibilities, not enough time or opportunity for what I want. You are exactly right. And that seems to describe my mind at this point for sure. I just feel kinda trapped, that's why I'm trying to move to create some kind of change in my life.

I have to clarify something, though, in the dream I wasn't in the kitchen alone, it's just that I happened to be the first to observe the sky. A couple of others did see it too, but the owner never seemed to.

I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but I don't really want to be alone that much. I like being alone sometimes just enough to be independent but I much prefer the company of others because alone I get bored and after awhile depressed.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It would seem that the owner represented your subconscious, your inner child that didn't wanna wake up to reality.

How does being alone tie into this? You were in a room full of people and you said others did notice what you saw (except for the owner). So technically you weren't alone physically nor mentally. Or could it be that you identify with the owner, who was the only one to see the place for what it was: an escape from it all and a chance to keep having fun? And since everyone else remembered the other world and its responsibilities when your responsible self pointed it out, you felt alone in your desire to take a break and go do something fun?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ESTP

Oh, you're saying the outer world represents responsibilities?

Hmm... how so?

It would seem that the owner represented your subconscious, your inner child that didn't wanna wake up to reality.
    I'm not so sure, maybe he represents some part of me due to the fact that we all retain impressions of other people and they represent some facet of us, but this guy is one of the most responsible people I know. I might say he's oblivious in some regards (although extremely knowledgeable about the world), but I wouldn't say he's irresponsible or non-dutiful.

I don't know, this is alot of abstraction for me. :horor:
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Oh, you're saying the outer world represents responsibilities?

Hmm... how so?

I'm not so sure, maybe he represents some part of me due to the fact that we all retain impressions of other people and they represent some facet of us, but this guy is one of the most responsible people I know. I might say he's oblivious in some regards (although extremely knowledgeable about the world), but I wouldn't say he's irresponsible or non-dutiful.

I don't know, this is alot of abstraction for me. :horor:
    In your imagination you can do what you want...the outside world has certain expectations you're to fulfill, duties, responsibilities. Fun is possible, for sure, but not limitless.

Could it be that this person is good at balancing fun with obligation? Because that would be a possiblity in this case to
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ESTP

Well, he's an INTJ if that tells you anything, haha. He's definitely serious but he does have a lighter side and he knows how to acquiesce people who want to have fun. But I wouldn't say 'fun' so much as 'meaningful' and 'intellectual'. He definitely knows how to set the stage so that people will get the most out of their experience, though.

In your imagination you can do what you want...the outside world has certain expectations you're to fulfill, duties, responsibilities. Fun is possible, for sure, but not limitless.
    Hm, well for me the outside world is what represents fun, freedom and limitless excitement. Inside is kinda boring. We're different types, y'know.

But I'm definitely open to your interpretations.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Well, if he's anything like mine, he knows when to work and when to take a load off. I admire that in mine..how about you?

I realize that we're different types, and that the outside world to you is a playground. But you have to admit that it has limitations, such as gravity, and it tends to demand certain things for you (such as you going to work) in order to survive in it

No, in this case though, since it is your dream, I'd say you most likely are torn between fulfilling your duties and not caring and partying on
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ESTP

Well, if he's anything like mine, he knows when to work and when to take a load off. I admire that in mine..how about you?
    Yeah, he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders and I definitely admire his ability to keep everything under control and organized, not to mention his knowledge of just about much everything (we've tried to stump him before; it's impossible). It's pretty amazing.

I realize that we're different types, and that the outside world to you is a playground. But you have to admit that it has limitations, such as gravity, and it tends to demand certain things for you (such as you going to work) in order to survive in it
    yeah, true. There are creative ways to circumvent the routine, though, and make sure you're doing something you really enjoy.

No, in this case though, since it is your dream, I'd say you most likely are torn between fulfilling your duties and not caring and partying on
    However you get this impression, I'd say you're right. Now hopefully the two can become one.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Maybe your friend can be a source of inspiration