• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Interpret my dream!

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
The big window and sky represents how you see things. The people and the room are general population around you.

You saw something that didn't match up with what is normally anticipated. You see things differently.

You try to purvey these perceptions to the people who you want to know how you see things, but they don't understand, represented by the sudden appearance of clouds, which smear the view of the sky. This event may also be interpreted to mean that you have trouble conveying your thoughts to those important to you.

You further explore your perceptions, and engage in a vast and beautiful world filled with a mystique, represented by the night. The unrealistic aspect to it represents your more fantastical side, which makes mystical the normality of life.

Congratulations, you have reached a new level of personal insight.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you were an NF.

You further explore your perceptions yourself, revealing your more proactive nature, a determination to justify/prove/substantiate your world views. You find something beautiful in this discovery, though the touch of illusion means that you feel as if you aren't getting the full reality of the situation- you are skeptical.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
hah, that's so interesting because the NF interpretation did kinda make sense, since I have like a residing background NF feel to life that I don't quite understand. But it's not really conscious so the second interpretation made much more sense to me. Maybe it's both?

Thanks for everyone's input.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm game.

Let's see, off in Africa= unavailable to you in many ways.

The only communication is not by using a language you both understand, but quirky things which most likely represent his personality, yours and your connection to each other= difficulty understanding one another, communication is troublesome yet intriguing, and him showing different aspects of his Jack of all Trades personality and the discoveries he is making, the ideas and feelings he's having that he so desperately wants to share with you (showing you a glimpse of his world in essence)

The elderly woman could be the world and the physical restrictions reality puts upon you and your relationship with him and/or an aspect of the ENFP telling you that he's finding it hard to keep your attention while he's trying to show you who he is. He probably misses you quite often :)

The restriction of two ties into this, and, it also keeps you coming back for more. It's a way to keep you hooked as such and keep you from running off again ;)

My best guess: this guy has been fascinating and eluding you for years and you keep telling yourself that it's unrealistic and aint going to happen between you two but you cannot help yourself from going back there even if you've temporarily evaded his grasp on occasion. And you actually enjoy it this way too, this kind of torture without having to decide to take the jump or kill the fantasy and he most likely does too. You do realize however that you will never be able to fully understand him and that probably annoys you and puts you off as much as it intrigues you and keeps you coming back for more. Chances are, you'll never be bored with him. But that also means you'll never fully understand him either, so a relationship would prove to be quite a challenge and hard work..but could turn out to be exceptionally blissful and passionate as well..

Well... after this, it dosn't seem like I need to include any background info. Although I would like to make one amendment: it's not "enjoyable", per say. It's frustrating as all get out. I would much rather be done with him... but I'm not! It just isn't practical... even if we do both care about each other. A lot.

Nice work ;)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm gonna use this thread again, because I'd feel bad making yet another "Interpret my dream thread" :tongue:

So last night I had a really odd dream that had a lot of symbolism... and wondered what y'alls thoughts were.

I dreamed that it was Halloween night, and it was the first year I decided I wasn't going to go out and do anything. Instead, my best friend, Cara, came over because she decided she wasn't going to do anything either. We were in my parent's old house, and we decided to walk to Cara's old house, which was a block away. As we're walking down the sidewalk, I notice the moon is right in front of us, and is low and huge...kind of looked like a Harvest moon, except it was normal colored and it wasn't -quite- full yet. Then I look to my right and see another huge celestial body a little higher in the sky and orange and red. I realize it's Jupiter, and I am in complete awe of the event... I'd almost say ecstatic.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm gonna use this thread again, because I'd feel bad making yet another "Interpret my dream thread" :tongue:

So last night I had a really odd dream that had a lot of symbolism... and wondered what y'alls thoughts were.

I dreamed that it was Halloween night, and it was the first year I decided I wasn't going to go out and do anything. Instead, my best friend, Cara, came over because she decided she wasn't going to do anything either. We were in my parent's old house, and we decided to walk to Cara's old house, which was a block away. As we're walking down the sidewalk, I notice the moon is right in front of us, and is low and huge...kind of looked like a Harvest moon, except it was normal colored and it wasn't -quite- full yet. Then I look to my right and see another huge celestial body a little higher in the sky and orange and red. I realize it's Jupiter, and I am in complete awe of the event... I'd almost say ecstatic.

It means that you should eat more saltines. Halloween indicates food, Cara represents things you can put on saltines, your parent's old house indicates the crunchiness of the cracker (Due to the fact that old houses tend to be crunchy), The moon represents the salt, and Jupiter and your awe towards it indicates something you don't have but want, or even need.

Just a bit of Ne gone wild.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It means that you should eat more saltines. Halloween indicates food, Cara represents things you can put on saltines, your parent's old house indicates the crunchiness of the cracker (Due to the fact that old houses tend to be crunchy), The moon represents the salt, and Jupiter and your awe towards it indicates something you don't have but want, or even need.

Just a bit of Ne gone wild.

Ah-ha! So that's it! :laugh: Hilarious!

I knew I was neglecting salt in my diet... not really.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Always up for one of these :D
My Ne gone crazy-analysis:

I'd say Halloween represents a time to go nuts and crazy..which you decided to skip on. As did your friend. Your walk could be interpreted as a moment of introspection, a journey you're deciding on taking, together with a companion, a guide. The house is the destination and a symbol of your own memories, which are part of you. It exudes nostalgia. When you decided to shift your focus from the outside world to yourself, you discovered a world within, filled with mystery and enchantment, filled with seemingly simple things but for the first time you actually were able to see the depth and complexity that was hidden beneath the surface. That world is your own soul btw :)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Always up for one of these :D
My Ne gone crazy-analysis:

I'd say Halloween represents a time to go nuts and crazy..which you decided to skip on. As did your friend. Your walk could be interpreted as a moment of introspection, a journey you're deciding on taking, together with a companion, a guide. The house is the destination and a symbol of your own memories, which are part of you. It exudes nostalgia. When you decided to shift your focus from the outside world to yourself, you discovered a world within, filled with mystery and enchantment, filled with seemingly simple things but for the first time you actually were able to see the depth and complexity that was hidden beneath the surface. That world is your own soul btw :)

:nice: I once told my ENFP sister to start learning about dream symbols (I actually end up interpreting her dreams more)... and now I'm going to be a little more insistent about it :laugh: Yay for Ne gone crazy-analysis!

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
From bored.com/freakydreams:

Words like night: Darkness. Mystery. Unconscious contents. There is a mystery that you want to penetrate.

Words like friend: Joy and consolation. Aspect of self ready for integration.

Words like old: Long time. Mature. Sensible. Former times. Something could be completed or ready to be replace.

Words like house: Financial security. Happiness within the family. Honor and dignity. Being.

Words like walking: Freedom. Movement. Ask yourself where do you want to go.

Words like body: Happiness. Good business ventures. External form of internal nature.

Words like sky: Celestial. Limitless freedom. Looking for expansion, life without limits.

Words like orange: The color orange in dreams indicates passion in every aspect of your life.

Words like red: This is an indication of great passion and sensitivity in your emotional relationships.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From bored.com/freakydreams:

Words like night: Darkness. Mystery. Unconscious contents. There is a mystery that you want to penetrate.

Words like friend: Joy and consolation. Aspect of self ready for integration.

Words like old: Long time. Mature. Sensible. Former times. Something could be completed or ready to be replace.

Words like house: Financial security. Happiness within the family. Honor and dignity. Being.

Words like walking: Freedom. Movement. Ask yourself where do you want to go.

Words like body: Happiness. Good business ventures. External form of internal nature.

Words like sky: Celestial. Limitless freedom. Looking for expansion, life without limits.

Words like orange: The color orange in dreams indicates passion in every aspect of your life.

Words like red: This is an indication of great passion and sensitivity in your emotional relationships.

Thanks, Stellar! Nifty website you found there... Bookmarked ;)

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Without reading any of the other responses (because that'll just color my opinion), I'm thinking two things:

#1- you were having a semi-lucid dream, and were changing the state of the weather with your mind, to try to make sense of what was happening

#2 you doubt your ability to correctly interpret what's coming next in your life, and it's making you feel unsettled. You see more than those around you, but you've not yet learned to accurately interpret the information you're receiving about the unknown and the mysterious.