User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Hey, ThatGirl, I must say - that was a touching read... Didn't think you had it in you.

... It's (ultimately) to do with God's covenant on us, which only He Knows Best, after all.

We are here, and it's up to us to consider, as well as practice our omens to it. I (also) feel that when everything 'else' is gone, that is what matters the most... in our own haven(s) from the world, in the end. That is real 'power' - at least from the way I see it.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I'm not afraid of death because I'm not afraid of possibilities that may or may not occur within each instant. I usually find myself reacting to what's going on in the moment, and if I die, I die.

I've actually been intrigued by the idea of death and the thought of committing suicide just to see what would happen afterwards has crossed my mind before, though I would never act on it.

I'll find out when it happens, but for now life is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, hah. As long as reincarnation isn't true, of course.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    epyT
    Enneagram

By living in the moment.
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    We make up stories about jesus and magic after-life where we float up to heaven.

Some lucky guys get 40 virgins.
    Amen brother/sister.

Few recognize that we have repressed our anxiety of death and as a result we have, among many things, created religion, which promises everlasting life.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Therein goes the Marxism of religion being the opiate of the masses. Is it pretty sad when a fourth grader figures that out on his own, without ever reading nor hearing of Marx?
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by coberst View Post
    Amen brother/sister.

Few recognize that we have repressed our anxiety of death and as a result we have, among many things, created religion, which promises everlasting life.
    Naw, I think that life will never end because that only makes sense. I can't imagine ceasing to exist, my will to live is way too strong that even if my present form were destroyed I would still go on just as strong as before.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Naw, I think that life will never end because that only makes sense. I can't imagine ceasing to exist, my will to live is way too strong that even if my present form were destroyed I would still go on just as strong as before.
    I agree. There must be something more to existence than just this life and then leaving. What happens after death is very interesting and intriguing to me. If it's just lack of existence, then what a bummer, I better take advantage of life while I'm living. If it's something more, whatever that 'more' is, I will be pleased, and somehow (I know it sounds kind of silly at first) but I think there is something more.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I believe people fear death due to the physical actions that come before it. Basically no one really fears being dead. Logically speaking we would have no consciousness to know if it sucked or not. However, when you ask people what they fear about dying it is usually, "I want to go peacefully." Drowning or other horrific deaths come from the fear and panic one may experience before hand.

I am writting this on my phone, so forgive me if it is poorly organized.

Now if we take that panic as the fear of death itself, are we not more motivated, more afraid, of our will to live. The instinctual will to live is tricky because the definition of living can be loosely associated. This will to live is what causes us to seek power, as each has an individual need to be in a place of security. Whatever that means to them. For some it is money, others power etc etc.

Over coming death is not the answer, simply overcoming the will to live. But then, what's the point. If we deny life, we may as not have existed at all, and while our fear of death may be moot, our lives still need substance. Each person will seek whatever that means to them in an effort not against death but against the will to live. To have lived.
    Very good points, all of them.

MBTI
    entp

by dying.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I agree. There must be something more to existence than just this life and then leaving. What happens after death is very interesting and intriguing to me. If it's just lack of existence, then what a bummer, I better take advantage of life while I'm living. If it's something more, whatever that 'more' is, I will be pleased, and somehow (I know it sounds kind of silly at first) but I think there is something more.
    Yep, and if it turns out there isn't, then I'll have been happy to have lived life to the fullest anyway.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

By letting go of our fear. Death will one day claim us all, and there is nothing that can be done to change that fact. Only once you accept the notion that you WILL die, regardless of what happense, you can begin to live.