• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

uncorrupted saints catholics

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
anyone ever heard of these uncorrupted saint mummies? It seems pretty mysterious if it's true.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbMuB3leqKQ"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbMuB3leqKQ"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
There is a lot of things in catholisim that are beyond what we know in science. Uncorrupted saints, stigmata, aparisions, bi location or some of the many "weirdnesses" that can come from true spirituality.

If you step away from this being about religion and classify it as extremes of spiritual relem there are many many things that would have scientists scratchign their heads.

Turin shroud, which was proported to be the cloth that wipped jesus on his way to crusifiction was found to be a fake, but what they couldn't understand was the elvels of radiation on it. I suspect this cloth will come back wht alternative scientific method which proove the proovings wrong... and so it goes on. Lots of oddities in the world

Jaguar

Cute Tink, real cute. For a minute I thought INTJ123 was back until I saw the date of the OP. :D

Lark

Interesting.

I'm a little conflicted by the idea of the incorruptibles, as a concept rather than an actuality it is something I think is fantastic, along with the whole idea of saintliness altogether (I bought a book on saints lately and only just got to the chapter in William James' varieties of religious experience on it).

There are sinister dimensions to the stories though, if nothing else if incorruptibility is a criteria for saintliness, ie being in heaven beyond a shadow of a doubt, there may not be that many people who are there.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi Lark

yes the uncorruptables are a wee bit weird, but all true spiritualitiy is pretty insane, the whole talkign in tounges etc - v strange.

Try looking up Padre Pio who I think is only fairly recently been made a saint, at some point during one of the wars guided airman home as a bi location, must be very weird to see a flyning preist shwoing you the way several thousand feet up????

Lis

KDude

Even Napoleon was uncorrupted for many years (not sure about now though). Due to large amounts of arsenic, I believe. When his body was first relocated, they freaked out and some thought there was divinity at work. So.. you never know. Someone could have done the same thing to the bodies of religious people. I think people like Bernadette were saintly (in the virtuous and mystical sense), but those surrounding them in the church aren't necessarily saints and not beyond using deceptive methods to make them appear more miraculous or magical than they really were.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
KDude, these bodies have been tested and haven't been preserved from wheat I know, it's a weird anomoly of nature.

I totally agree about those surrounding the saintly not being saintly = Bernadette's body has make up on it including nail polish - I beleive, not seen it myslef mind you.

Mystical phenomenon real mystical stuff is truely truely weird.

Lark

I really wish there was a credible source of research into phenomenon like this, parapsychology, cryptozoology, all those fields have been rendered the territory of kooks and charlatans in the popular mind.

Mole

Permabanned
Misdirection

The sense of the weird or the uncanny can be produced at will.

It is possible to design a trance that produces the sense of the uncanny or weird.

So the sense of the uncanny or weird is an entirely natural phenomenon.

Of course those who wish to manipulate and control us tell us that the weird and uncanny has a mystical source.

This is known in the business as misdirection.