User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Phantonym

I agree with the OP that intelligence is multi-dimensional. I don't have any single specific criteria that people have to meet in order to be intelligent. It's a combination of different things. Everybody has their moments and people's strengths can manifest when you least expect them to. I'm not going to look down on people or dismiss them right away when they say or do something that can raise an eyebrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Someone who asks a lot of questions.
    I tend to agree, it's the curiosity which has to be supported by the ability to understand and make use of the information they get from the answers. Therefore, someone who can answer a lot of questions and the quality of their answers can be regarded as intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen View Post
    I think intelligence is a gift from God.
    God has distributed intelligence amongst us along the Bell Curve.

This means that most of us are in the middle and very small numbers are at either end.

I have often wondered why God chose the Bell Curve because at times it does seem unfair to those few above 150 and to those few below 50.

I am really drawn to emotional intelligence, someone who has what I would describe as common decency, who naturally puts others before himself.

I also love a really sharp mind, I love it if I say something and someone's response is unexpected, he sees things from an interesting angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I am really drawn to emotional intelligence, someone who has what I would describe as common decency, who naturally puts others before himself.
    They say the hallmark of emotional intelligence is restraint.

And common decency is what we all take for granted in a civilized society.

So are you drawn to those who are restrained or are you drawn to those who put others first?

MBTI
    STFU

in person, i judge intelligence by one's eyes. as soon as they open their mouth i am validated. some people appear to others as if they are in deep thought. just look a little further into their eyes and search for the hidden vacancy of understanding. they are actually thinking "left foot, right foot...".

on the internet, i judge by the ideas put forth, not so much with the presentation. my grammar and spelling leave much to be desired so i wouldn't hold it against anyone else.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I suppose I don't really judge intelligence, I will leave that up to IQ tests. I've never done one before (IQ test) but I assume that that it tests for a lot of mathematical kind of thinking, in that case I'm not intelligent myself but I don't think that is a terribly bad thing, I don't particularly value that kind of cognitive ability anyway. I don't think there is anything about that kind of cognitive ability that is inherently of more worth than any other kind of cognitive ability. I personally wouldn't put intelligence as defined by IQ tests on any sort of pedestal at all.

Perhaps the test itself is more of a test of values anyway, and how much the takers values line up with the testers values.

Like someone said in another thread, Ne could come up with 50 answers to one question, and I tend to value that kind of creative thinking over answering a question based on which answer is the most obvious or intended by the testmaker (which is probably more of a Te approach).
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I judge intelligence by how much a person does not jump to conclusions and investigates from many sources and many angles what he/she is intersted in learning. Not taking for granted anything obvious and yet not being married to the obvious either.

I appreciate people who know what/that they do not know because they will actually seek to understand and inform themselves-if you think you know it all than you are then done learning and I prefer people who are wanting to always learn and consider them intelligent.

I guess it isn't so much how much a person knows- but how much a person is interested in finding out about things and the manner in which they investigate that I consider and measure a person's intelligence.
    Last edited by ladypinkington; 08-13-2009 at 07:44 AM.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I judge intelligence by how much a person does not jump to conclusions and investigates from many sources and many angles what he/she is intersted in learning. Not taking for granted anything obvious and yet not being married to the obvious either.

I appreciate people who know what they do not know because they will actually seek to understand and inform themselves-if you think you know it all than you are then done learning and I prefer people who are wanting to always learn and consider them intelligent.

I guess it isn't so much how much a person knows- but how much a person is interested in finding out about things and the manner in which they investigate that I consider and measure a person's intelligence.
    I second this wholeheartedly. That would pretty much be my response.

Intelligence to me is consciously trying to prevent building walls that create tunnel vision when it comes to learning. Intelligence to me goes hand-in-hand with open mindedness and a genuine desire for learning (and listening).
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't judge by intelligence. Heart is more important.

Junior Member DigitalStreetfighter's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp

Someone that can do something above and beyond the average. Whatever that might be.