User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Meditation?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Lightbulb Meditation?

I've been meditating irregularly since I was about 11 years old, when I learned how to properly do so in a religion class I took. Now, I've (finally) made a pledge to atleast do it once a day. It's a great way to relax, and forget all your troubles, especially in this fast paced world we live in (I hate using that phrase, but it was the only appropriate way to say that sentence ).

When I meditate I feel like the world is whizzing by me and I'm left alone with my thoughts. It's as if I'm folding inwards, into my mind. For those of you who have read my poetry, namely ones referring to my "aqueous brain," meditation is where I conjure those images, because when I meditate I feel like I'm diving into my mind and it's just me swimming around with all the marine life that are the little thoughts and images that make up my psyche.

Anyways, does anybody else use meditation here? share your tales

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I don't but I should start learning it.
    I'm very interested about the meditation.
    I think it would calm my stormy nature down at times and it would help me to concentrate. I just don't know how to start.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

^ It's quite easy to start meditating. There's no proper way actually, all you do is find some place quiet to sit down, close your eyes, cleanse your mind of your worries and just be one with your soul. It does take a bit of practice to get it right, but for some people they're just able to jump into it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes. Are you interested in what normally happens, samadhis, "exotic" experiences, other stuff?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I do. Usually more when I have more going on.

Sadly, I use to use weed to get myself into a meditative state, but have since stopped and still meditate better than I ever have.

I usually have to do it in the evening, when I am more at peace and not so hyperactive. Occasionally, I will fall asleep.

But I don't meditate too often, especially this summer. I am always going things, and when I am not, I'm usually reading.

Meditation journeys are usually followed by vivid visions. Perhaps dream like states? I think so. Possibly ESP? Ideally. Usually, they consist of me sinking into the earth. That's why I chose my name.

Becoming OneWithSoul.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Yes. Are you interested in what normally happens, samadhis, "exotic" experiences, other stuff?
    I dunno what you mean by "what normally happens" lawl, but I am very interested in astral projection, but it seems near impossible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Sadly, I use to use weed to get myself into a meditative state
    weed is a also a great alternative to meditating

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Yes, but it shouldn't be counted on to help you meditate. A lot of people use to to meditate, but that defeats the purpose of meditation. Meditation is seeting aside everything earthly, and letting your mind become one with your soul in perfect harmony. I know that sounds all mushy gushy, but that's how I look at it. Using such a staple as weed is counterproductive in a sense that it is contradicting in my eyes. Meditation should be used to get away from weed. We shouldn't attach.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

^ You're very right. But for those who can't meditate or don't see the merit in meditation, weed could be for them. I mean who knows? Others might feel on a profound level equivalent to meditation when they smoke weed.