• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meditation?

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been meditating irregularly since I was about 11 years old, when I learned how to properly do so in a religion class I took. Now, I've (finally) made a pledge to atleast do it once a day. It's a great way to relax, and forget all your troubles, especially in this fast paced world we live in (I hate using that phrase, but it was the only appropriate way to say that sentence ;)).

When I meditate I feel like the world is whizzing by me and I'm left alone with my thoughts. It's as if I'm folding inwards, into my mind. For those of you who have read my poetry, namely ones referring to my "aqueous brain," meditation is where I conjure those images, because when I meditate I feel like I'm diving into my mind and it's just me swimming around with all the marine life that are the little thoughts and images that make up my psyche.

Anyways, does anybody else use meditation here? share your tales

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't but I should start learning it.
I'm very interested about the meditation.
I think it would calm my stormy nature down at times and it would help me to concentrate. I just don't know how to start.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ It's quite easy to start meditating. There's no proper way actually, all you do is find some place quiet to sit down, close your eyes, cleanse your mind of your worries and just be one with your soul. It does take a bit of practice to get it right, but for some people they're just able to jump into it.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. Are you interested in what normally happens, samadhis, "exotic" experiences, other stuff?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I do. Usually more when I have more going on.

Sadly, I use to use weed to get myself into a meditative state, but have since stopped and still meditate better than I ever have.

I usually have to do it in the evening, when I am more at peace and not so hyperactive. Occasionally, I will fall asleep.

But I don't meditate too often, especially this summer. I am always going things, and when I am not, I'm usually reading.

Meditation journeys are usually followed by vivid visions. Perhaps dream like states? I think so. Possibly ESP? Ideally. Usually, they consist of me sinking into the earth. That's why I chose my name.

Becoming OneWithSoul.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. Are you interested in what normally happens, samadhis, "exotic" experiences, other stuff?
I dunno what you mean by "what normally happens" lawl, but I am very interested in astral projection, but it seems near impossible.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
weed is a also a great alternative to meditating :jew:

Yes, but it shouldn't be counted on to help you meditate. A lot of people use to to meditate, but that defeats the purpose of meditation. Meditation is seeting aside everything earthly, and letting your mind become one with your soul in perfect harmony. I know that sounds all mushy gushy, but that's how I look at it. Using such a staple as weed is counterproductive in a sense that it is contradicting in my eyes. Meditation should be used to get away from weed. We shouldn't attach.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ You're very right. But for those who can't meditate or don't see the merit in meditation, weed could be for them. I mean who knows? Others might feel on a profound level equivalent to meditation when they smoke weed.

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Last summer I meditated quite often. My significant other had a plethora of books on meditation techniques, Buddhism, Taoism, and other Eastern philosophies. Needless to say, I devoured some of these books and I started to put meditation into practice.

One memorable time I woke up feeling pissed off and rather ill. I did not want to go to work AT ALL. So I decided to meditate...this time with music in the background. I sat down and went into that floating place in my brain, focusing on my breaths while also focusing on the music (it was Fleet Foxes BTW). Suddenly I was swept up in glorious greens and golds. I found the part of my soul that likes adventure and exploration. Giddily I jumped up, went to work, and I was in one of the best moods ever.

I need to get back into doing it regularly.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
^ You're very right. But for those who can't meditate or don't see the merit in meditation, weed could be for them. I mean who knows? Others might feel on a profound level equivalent to meditation when they smoke weed.

I can't argue with you there. Hey, I used it to meditate myself, It'd be hypocritical for me to tell you not to do it.

But it is my views that it should not be attached to. Nothing should be attached to, everything comes and goes with the tides of life. Meditate with an open and free mind and soul, and nothing more.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Last summer I meditated quite often. My significant other had a plethora of books on meditation techniques, Buddhism, Taoism, and other Eastern philosophies. Needless to say, I devoured some of these books and I started to put meditation into practice.

One memorable time I woke up feeling pissed off and rather ill. I did not want to go to work AT ALL. So I decided to meditate...this time with music in the background. I sat down and went into that floating place in my brain, focusing on my breaths while also focusing on the music (it was Fleet Foxes BTW). Suddenly I was swept up in glorious greens and golds. I found the part of my soul that likes adventure and exploration. Giddily I jumped up, went to work, and I was in one of the best moods ever.

You have it, man, you have it.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Wow, that's a great story. Maybe I should meditate before I go to school. That way I'd be less pissed off when I'm there...

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As I normally do a lot of things, I have meditated. I need my mind clear.

The problem with me is, I can't stop thinking. Ever. Period. So the only way I can possibly stop thinking is to consciously stop. Normally the contents of my brain are (from the most conscious to the most unconscious):

1. I should stop procrastinating. Nah, I will just talk my way out of it.
2. Plotting how I will be successful in life and get ahead comes next. Lots of plans
3. Some random song is always playing in my head
4. Random events run through my head, or I am thinking about something irrelevant

The first time I ever cleared my mind was the first time I realized how much I think of at once. It is taxing.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
But it is my views that it should not be attached to. Nothing should be attached to, everything comes and goes with the tides of life. Meditate with an open and free mind and soul, and nothing more.

Can't argue with you there.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As I normally do a lot of things, I have meditated. I need my mind clear.

The problem with me is, I can't stop thinking. Ever. Period. So the only way I can possibly stop thinking is to consciously stop. Normally the contents of my brain are (from the most conscious to the most unconscious):

1. I should stop procrastinating. Nah, I will just talk my way out of it.
2. Plotting how I will be successful in life and get ahead comes next. Lots of plans
3. Some random song is always playing in my head
4. Random events run through my head, or I am thinking about something irrelevant

The first time I ever cleared my mind was the first time I realized how much I think of at once. It is taxing.

Yeah, that's the way I felt when I first started meditating. You eventually get better at clearing your mind of things. What I do sometimes when I have trouble clearing my mind is, I put on some like real low key ambient music. It gets you in the perfect mood.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's the way I felt when I first started meditating. You eventually get better at clearing your mind of things. What I do sometimes when I have trouble clearing my mind is, I put on some like real low key ambient music. It gets you in the perfect mood.

I do that. I really like piano music and stuff too in the background.

Actually, I will probably clear my mind tonight. I have to make decisions, and I suck at that. I find that when I empty my mind I make even better rational decisions than I already do.

I only have problems with decisions when it comes to emotional ones, and that is what I am faced with. I hate it.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I do that. I really like piano music and stuff too in the background.

Actually, I will probably clear my mind tonight. I have to make decisions, and I suck at that. I find that when I empty my mind I make even better rational decisions than I already do.

I only have problems with decisions when it comes to emotional ones, and that is what I am faced with. I hate it.
Eh, I'm bad at making any kind of decisions. Especially when it's between two really good things, then I just go fucking nuts.
But meditation definitely does help in that sort of stitatuion. :yes:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

At best you'll be thrown into experiences that you have no control over. If your lucky those will be good experiences, but often they are not. Do you wanna see ghosts and demons coming to rip your soul apart knowing that your on a trip and can't do squat about it, furthermore knowing that said ghosts and demons probably aren't even "real" anyways bit your still pissing your pants and clawing your face anyways? That might be more LSD level than marijuana, but still the point remains.