User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Meditation?

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    XNFP

I've recently started taking yoga classes and before and at the end we're given time to meditate. I feel at peace but I don't get these visions or an out of body experience, what are some common things to feel and what are some more suggestions to getting more out of these meditations?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SuperServal View Post
    Metaphours is just cooler than me.
    lulz totallai.

I think the only reason I recieve the attention I do get sometimes on these threads is because of the whole "pederasty thread" controversy, so don't worry SuperServal.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Agnosco311 View Post
    I've recently started taking yoga classes and before and at the end we're given time to meditate. I feel at peace but I don't get these visions or an out of body experience, what are some common things to feel and what are some more suggestions to getting more out of these meditations?
    It comes with practice and through very deep meditation.

It kind of just happens, too. It's all in your psyche, so you can't control it too well.

I suggest just going as deep as you possibly can and as often as you can. That will increase the chances of having a vision.

But again, don't count on anything, it just happens.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Agnosco311 View Post
    Hmm... well maybe since your in a yoga class with other people, you may not feel truly "at peace". Typically I meditate alone, because that's the only time I feel comfortable/at peace enough to get at least a decent meditation session going.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

It is not common to have very lucid visions or to have an out of body experience. Really meditation is just to put you at peace. I usually feel energize after the peaceful moment of meditation.
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SuperServal View Post
    It is not common to have very lucid visions or to have an out of body experience. Really meditation is just to put you at peace. I usually feel energize after the peaceful moment of meditation.
    +1

Lucid visions/out of body experiences are something one experiences when they practice astral projection, which is far more difficult and complex to accomplish, but it's not impossible.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    ^ It's quite easy to start meditating. There's no proper way actually, all you do is find some place quiet to sit down, close your eyes, cleanse your mind of your worries and just be one with your soul. It does take a bit of practice to get it right, but for some people they're just able to jump into it.
    But it is difficult. I have really trouble in calming my mind down. I have trouble not thinking. Or not having any thoughts in my mind. That is why I should probably start practising it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Another interesting thing to try is to not erase all thoughts. Instead let some thoughts tumble in but don't engage them. Just acknowledge the bit of thought and let it tumble back out. I think this may help one see their own thoughts more objectively. Instead of perceiving the world through a constant string of thoughts, you can more purely perceive your own thoughts. This is rather hard to do though because it is between buzzing thoughts and a peaceful/clear mind.
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    But it is difficult. I have really trouble in calming my mind down. I have trouble not thinking. Or not having any thoughts in my mind. That is why I should probably start practising it.
    Yes, you really should.
    It is quite difficult clearing your mind, which is why I suggest using some light ambient music to get you in the mood.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    It's different for everybody. Maybe something to do with Introversion/Extroversion. Some people it is easy, and for others it takes practice.

It is also hard for me to calm my mind down to a stand still. It took a lot to start, and still does from time to time, which is annoying .
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?