• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meditation?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, I'm bad at making any kind of decisions. Especially when it's between two really good things, then I just go fucking nuts.
But meditation definitely does help in that sort of stitatuion. :yes:

It does.

I wonder how many other NT's are into meditating.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ehhhh, I see meditating as more of an NF thing :D

Exactly my point.

I do know an INTP who is like that however.

And I do it not so much for the spiritual purpose or whatever, but because my mind is fucking chaos.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ehhhh, I see meditating as more of an NF thing :D

Don't let types fool you. It can be solely an individual thing.

I have met people of all types nearly who meditate. Most of them are adults, though. Perhaps it's the generation they came out of.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
At best you'll be thrown into experiences that you have no control over. If your lucky those will be good experiences, but often they are not. Do you wanna see ghosts and demons coming to rip your soul apart knowing that your on a trip and can't do squat about it, furthermore knowing that said ghosts and demons probably aren't even "real" anyways bit your still pissing your pants and clawing your face anyways? That might be more LSD level than marijuana, but still the point remains.

Obviously you know nothing about the effects of marijuana. Maybe you should stop reading the pamphlets they hand out in high school health classes, and actually educate yourself, you automoton.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Exactly my point.

I do know an INTP who is like that however.

And I do it not so much for the spiritual purpose or whatever, but because my mind is fucking chaos.

Yeah, I remember my religion teacher told us that meditation shouldn't have to be linked to any religion/spirituality but is also a way to take time to truly relax and cleanse your bad thoughts.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Don't let types fool you. It can be solely an individual thing.

I have met people of all types nearly who meditate. Most of them are adults, though. Perhaps it's the generation they came out of.

Yeah, I don't know many people my age who meditate/are spiritual in any way.. Maybe it's because of the notion that "being spiritual" is "retarded" because they link it to religion which is also "retarded" in their minds. What do they know, seriously.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Obviously you know nothing about the effects of marijuana. Maybe you should stop reading the pamphlets they hand out in high school health classes, and actually educate yourself, you automoton.

Don't assume you know more than a person until you know for sure.

Plus, he's older than you and probably knows a thing or two more about weed than you.

But I don't mean to sound rude, I'm just saying. Scott's a cool dude.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I remember my religion teacher told us that meditation shouldn't have to be linked to any religion/spirituality but is also a way to take time to truly relax and cleanse your bad thoughts.

It is very relaxing. I love and hate my mind at the same time.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Don't assume you know more than a person until you know for sure.

Plus, he's older than you and probably knows a thing or two more about weed than you.

But I don't mean to sound rude, I'm just saying. Scott's a cool dude.

I understand, but his thoughts on marijuana were just blatantly ignorant.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I don't know many people my age who meditate/are spiritual in any way.

Meditation was/is for spiritual practices. It still should be, in my opinion.

But I can't argue or complain, because it helps a lot of people out.

It just seems like people may be abusing its powers. It deserves a lot more reverence. It goes back a lot father than you know.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Gah! Metaphours, I have been doing nothing but bitching at you. I'm sorry!

Let's make this a happy meditation thread! W/o arguments, k? :)

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Meditation was/is for spiritual practices. It still should be, in my opinion.

But I can't argue or complain, because it helps a lot of people out.

It just seems like people may be abusing its powers. It deserves a lot more reverence. It goes back a lot father than you know.

Yeah I think so, too. But it serves a double purpose I guess.

Maybe so, but do you see his point?
Yes, I do. lulz

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Meditation feels like letting the mind take a deep breath. You know that great floaty feeling when you take a deep breath? Meditation does that for the brain. I think it is in this depressurized state that allows the mind to focus on itself. It becomes pure perception. Perception that can be focused on nothing or intensely focused on one thing. The buzzing of day to day thoughts are exhausting so it is nice to get a relief from worrying about external affairs (probably the source of most buzzy thoughts) and sink into the peaceful no-color/every color of meditation.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know how that feels. :hug:

Charming, isn't it? People love my mind, but hate how I view things sometimes. My ENFP friend has attacked confronted me many times over how I think hahahaha

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Meditation feels like letting the mind take a deep breath. You know that great floaty feeling when you take a deep breath? Meditation does that for the brain. I think it is in this depressurized state that allows the mind to focus on itself. It becomes pure perception. Perception that can be focused on nothing or intensely focused on one thing. The buzzing of day to day thoughts are exhausting so it is nice to get a relief from worrying about external affairs (probably the source of most buzzy thoughts) and sink into the peaceful no-color/every color of meditation.

You nailed that one. That's what it is to me.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Charming, isn't it? People love my mind, but hate how I view things sometimes. My ENFP friend has attacked confronted me many times over how I think hahahaha
Yes, same here. People belligerently bitch at me because I'm too quiet and I don't interact too well with some people, but with others I interact delightfully well. So the people who I don't interact well with, think I loath them, when in reality, I just feel indifferent about them.

These are just some of the reasons I like to clear my mind :D

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Off topic/self pity:

Sidenote: I knew I started a thread on meditation in here once... I even used to same story about going to work. It didn't even get a page of responses and this is already at four?!

Metaphours is just cooler than me. :smoke: :cry:
:D :nice: