User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Lightbulb Create your own religion?

Let's pretend the world is in turmoil. No one knows what to do. People are suffering, rudderless and looking for guidance. Due to your unique point of view on the whole of Creation, you come up with your own religion to unite your people.

What does it consist of? What are your ideas? What are your rules? What do you pass down from generation to generation? What is your revelation?

Be as lengthy or brief as you like.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

In my religion its a sin to say, "Everything happens for a reason."
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    ENTP

As an aside question, what would you call your religion?

MBTI
    ENTP

I hadn't thought that far ahead. How about Fiverism?
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Assuming the setting is a post-apocalyptic world, I'll take great freedom with this.

My religion would have no name, it would simply be referred to as "the faith." Our creation story would be that eons ago, the universe was sprung from the navel of a large baby that is perpetually floating through time and space. The universe resembles a small marble that is attached to the baby's navel by an umbilical cord.

The faith also states that all of the universe's previous prophets (Jesus, Mohammed, Abraham, etc) were all sent by the floating baby to give the Universians a cause.

The only explicit rule that would be stated in "the faith" would be the golden rule (e.g. "do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.")

Our form of prayer would be simple meditation which is to be practiced once a day for atleast 10 minutes, however it's not compulsory.

Our ideals would consist of extreme praise of one's and others' gifts and using them to the fullest of your ability.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Oh this is fun!

After 15 minutes of thinking about it I have determined that it is also hard.

I'll come back to this.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP

My religion:

1. Stewardship and respect for Life. Life has intrinsic value. Each adherent should be required to live for one month in the wilderness when they finish high school. This is a rite of passage into adulthood. This is also when you receive your adult name.

2. Belief in good conduct and positive thinking. One chooses whether to live in a positive or negative fashion, so the goal is to encourage positive thinking and joyful exercise of life.

3. Agnostic with respect to the after life. But, death confers meaning and is therefore worthy of deeper consideration as something sublime and mysterious. No prescribed burial practices.

4. Remembrance of ancestors and loved ones. This strengthens family bonds and anchors identity.

6. Worship rituals are essentially enormous potlucks held at dusk until everyone goes home. They are lit with bonfires in large fields or forests. Somewhere in Nature.

7. Marriage is for the purpose of beginning a family. Premarital fooling around is not controlled, but marriage is strongly encouraged. Divorce is discouraged but not prohibited.

8. Drunkenness and substance abuse is frowned upon. Healthy living without the use of mood altering substances is encouraged. Each person is required to take good care of their body.

9. The poor, weak, infirm, elder, and young are protected.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Let's pretend the world is in turmoil. No one knows what to do. People are suffering, rudderless and looking for guidance. Due to your unique point of view on the whole of Creation, you come up with your own religion to unite your people.

What does it consist of? What are your ideas? What are your rules? What do you pass down from generation to generation? What is your revelation?

Be as lengthy or brief as you like.
    You bastard.
    You post this when I am finishing a term paper.
    BURN!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You bastard.
    You post this when I am finishing a term paper.
    BURN!
    Better get back to work.

MBTI
    ENTP

^Exactly. A longer, drawn out version of my religion.

Can you add something about Rivers and Laughing?