• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which humanist are you?

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Here's the quiz

What kind of humanist are you? | New Humanist

and I got

Hedonistic Humanist
You are one of life’s enjoyers, determined to get the most you can out of your brief spell on this glorious planet. What first attracted you to atheism was the prospect of liberation from the Ten Commandments, few of which are compatible with a life of pleasure. You play hard and work quite hard, have a strong sense of loyalty and a relaxed but consistent approach to your philosophy. You can’t see the point of abstract principles and probably wouldn’t lay down your life for a concept, though you might for a friend. Something of a champagne humanist, you admire George Bernard Shaw for his cheerful agnosticism and pursuit of sensual rewards, and your Hollywood hero is Marlon Brando, who was beautiful (for a while), irascible and aimed for goodness in his own tortured way. You adored the humanist London bus slogan (“There’s probably no God, now stop worrying and enjoy your life”) and are delighted that wild young comedians like Stewart Lee, Christina Martin and Ricky Gervais share your full-blooded rejection of religion. Sometimes you might be tempted to allow your own pleasures to take precedence over your ethics. But everyone is striving for that elusive balance between the good and the happy life. You’d probably better open another bottle and agree that for you there’s no contest.

S

Sniffles

I'm a Christian Humanist, which I guess is not one the choices in this quiz.

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Aaaaannd another Hedonistic Humanist here. I'd say the description is fairly accurate.

I can just see myself back in Amsterdam....drunk, stoned, staring in awe at a cathedral halfheartedly explaining why I'm not religious.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Hounded Humanist

Oh, God – I mean, oh, Dawkins! – why does it all have to be so difficult? You try so hard, don’t you, to be a good person and to lead a blameless life? You keep a compost heap, cycle to the bottle bank, and the list of countries you won’t buy from is longer than the washing line for your baby’s towelling nappies. You would never cheat on your partner, drink and drive, accept bribes or fiddle your expenses. You try not to waste money, but give loads to charity. But you can’t help feeling guilty a lot of the time. It took quite an effort to throw off the shackles of your religious upbringing and even today you occasionally wonder if you’ve done the right thing. At other times, though, you remember with a shudder of revulsion the hypocrisy and constraints that you’ve escaped. You feel awkward when Christopher Hitchens argues that religion is primitive. Yet you’re filled with violent loathing when Jehovah’s Witnesses bang on your door or you encounter a line of orange Hare Krishnas chanting in the street. The commentator you most admire is Terry Eagleton, who, despite having no truck with religion itself, is a powerful advocate of religious values. You’re a reluctant atheist who’d have preferred some fundamental certainties but realised with sadness that there weren’t any. Lighten up – and wear your humanism with heart.

:rofl1: sounds about right.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hounded Humanist

Oh, God – I mean, oh, Dawkins! – why does it all have to be so difficult? You try so hard, don’t you, to be a good person and to lead a blameless life? You keep a compost heap, cycle to the bottle bank, and the list of countries you won’t buy from is longer than the washing line for your baby’s towelling nappies. You would never cheat on your partner, drink and drive, accept bribes or fiddle your expenses. You try not to waste money, but give loads to charity. But you can’t help feeling guilty a lot of the time. It took quite an effort to throw off the shackles of your religious upbringing and even today you occasionally wonder if you’ve done the right thing. At other times, though, you remember with a shudder of revulsion the hypocrisy and constraints that you’ve escaped. You feel awkward when Christopher Hitchens argues that religion is primitive. Yet you’re filled with violent loathing when Jehovah’s Witnesses bang on your door or you encounter a line of orange Hare Krishnas chanting in the street. The commentator you most admire is Terry Eagleton, who, despite having no truck with religion itself, is a powerful advocate of religious values. You’re a reluctant atheist who’d have preferred some fundamental certainties but realised with sadness that there weren’t any. Lighten up – and wear your humanism with heart.

Hm, I disagree, actually I like Hitchens a lot! No need for religion, it's a mind parasite.

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Erm... I also got Heodnistic...
Are there only two possibilities..? Or is the quiz just broken?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hedonistic Humanist. I changed several of my answers and still got this. Only partially accurate for me.

Mole

Permabanned
There are three ways of looking at things.

The first is from the top down.
The second is from the centre.
And the third is from the bottom up.

From the top down is the God's eye view.
And from the centre is the humanist view.
And from the bottom up is the view from natural selection.

And although the God's eye view is intuitive, there is no evidence for it.
And although putting us at the centre of the universe flatters our vanity, it is ridiculous.
Fortunately we have so much evidence for the bottom up view, natural selection is now a scientific fact.

Humanism was a reaction to the cruelty and superstion of the God's eye view, and so was an improvement, but unfortunately there is no more evidence for humanism than there is for the God's eye view. Both have been superceded by the scientific fact of natural selection.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hedonistic Humanist

You are one of life’s enjoyers, determined to get the most you can out of your brief spell on this glorious planet. What first attracted you to atheism was the prospect of liberation from the Ten Commandments, few of which are compatible with a life of pleasure. You play hard and work quite hard, have a strong sense of loyalty and a relaxed but consistent approach to your philosophy. You can’t see the point of abstract principles and probably wouldn’t lay down your life for a concept, though you might for a friend. Something of a champagne humanist, you admire George Bernard Shaw for his cheerful agnosticism and pursuit of sensual rewards, and your Hollywood hero is Marlon Brando, who was beautiful (for a while), irascible and aimed for goodness in his own tortured way. You adored the humanist London bus slogan (“There’s probably no God, now stop worrying and enjoy your life”) and are delighted that wild young comedians like Stewart Lee, Christina Martin and Ricky Gervais share your full-blooded rejection of religion. Sometimes you might be tempted to allow your own pleasures to take precedence over your ethics. But everyone is striving for that elusive balance between the good and the happy life. You’d probably better open another bottle and agree that for you there’s no contest.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hedonistic Humanist

Sounds like me somewhat well.

Wait . . . did everyone get this answer? So are we collectively part of a culture that values pleasure and happiness in a godless world, or is the quiz just shit?

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Hounded Humanist, I don't know what the point of this quiz is though.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
A little of narcissism can be healthy.

I god hounded humanist. And I think this test is horrible, everyone got hedonistic or hounded.