5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Default Which humanist are you?

Here's the quiz

What kind of humanist are you? | New Humanist

and I got

Hedonistic Humanist
    You are one of life’s enjoyers, determined to get the most you can out of your brief spell on this glorious planet. What first attracted you to atheism was the prospect of liberation from the Ten Commandments, few of which are compatible with a life of pleasure. You play hard and work quite hard, have a strong sense of loyalty and a relaxed but consistent approach to your philosophy. You can’t see the point of abstract principles and probably wouldn’t lay down your life for a concept, though you might for a friend. Something of a champagne humanist, you admire George Bernard Shaw for his cheerful agnosticism and pursuit of sensual rewards, and your Hollywood hero is Marlon Brando, who was beautiful (for a while), irascible and aimed for goodness in his own tortured way. You adored the humanist London bus slogan (“There’s probably no God, now stop worrying and enjoy your life”) and are delighted that wild young comedians like Stewart Lee, Christina Martin and Ricky Gervais share your full-blooded rejection of religion. Sometimes you might be tempted to allow your own pleasures to take precedence over your ethics. But everyone is striving for that elusive balance between the good and the happy life. You’d probably better open another bottle and agree that for you there’s no contest.

MBTI
    INTP

Hedonistic humanist. Not really accurate, but oh well...

Phantonym

Another Hedonistic Humanist here.
    Last edited by Phantonym; 08-01-2009 at 07:52 AM.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I'm not. Humans can all die in a huge gasoline fire, for all I care.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Sniffles

I'm a Christian Humanist, which I guess is not one the choices in this quiz.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Aaaaannd another Hedonistic Humanist here. I'd say the description is fairly accurate.

I can just see myself back in Amsterdam....drunk, stoned, staring in awe at a cathedral halfheartedly explaining why I'm not religious.
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    infp

Hounded Humanist

Oh, God – I mean, oh, Dawkins! – why does it all have to be so difficult? You try so hard, don’t you, to be a good person and to lead a blameless life? You keep a compost heap, cycle to the bottle bank, and the list of countries you won’t buy from is longer than the washing line for your baby’s towelling nappies. You would never cheat on your partner, drink and drive, accept bribes or fiddle your expenses. You try not to waste money, but give loads to charity. But you can’t help feeling guilty a lot of the time. It took quite an effort to throw off the shackles of your religious upbringing and even today you occasionally wonder if you’ve done the right thing. At other times, though, you remember with a shudder of revulsion the hypocrisy and constraints that you’ve escaped. You feel awkward when Christopher Hitchens argues that religion is primitive. Yet you’re filled with violent loathing when Jehovah’s Witnesses bang on your door or you encounter a line of orange Hare Krishnas chanting in the street. The commentator you most admire is Terry Eagleton, who, despite having no truck with religion itself, is a powerful advocate of religious values. You’re a reluctant atheist who’d have preferred some fundamental certainties but realised with sadness that there weren’t any. Lighten up – and wear your humanism with heart.

sounds about right.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Hedonistic Humanist

meh.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'm a Christian Humanist
    I'm something like that. The quiz seems to assume that humanism and religion/spirituality are mutually exclusive.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hounded Humanist

Oh, God – I mean, oh, Dawkins! – why does it all have to be so difficult? You try so hard, don’t you, to be a good person and to lead a blameless life? You keep a compost heap, cycle to the bottle bank, and the list of countries you won’t buy from is longer than the washing line for your baby’s towelling nappies. You would never cheat on your partner, drink and drive, accept bribes or fiddle your expenses. You try not to waste money, but give loads to charity. But you can’t help feeling guilty a lot of the time. It took quite an effort to throw off the shackles of your religious upbringing and even today you occasionally wonder if you’ve done the right thing. At other times, though, you remember with a shudder of revulsion the hypocrisy and constraints that you’ve escaped. You feel awkward when Christopher Hitchens argues that religion is primitive. Yet you’re filled with violent loathing when Jehovah’s Witnesses bang on your door or you encounter a line of orange Hare Krishnas chanting in the street. The commentator you most admire is Terry Eagleton, who, despite having no truck with religion itself, is a powerful advocate of religious values. You’re a reluctant atheist who’d have preferred some fundamental certainties but realised with sadness that there weren’t any. Lighten up – and wear your humanism with heart.
    Hm, I disagree, actually I like Hitchens a lot! No need for religion, it's a mind parasite.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart